It's Sunday, and you know what that means?

It's Sunday, and you know what that means?

It's ramen day!

My favourite ramen is indomie mi goreng.

What's yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

theramenrater.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how do you cook this?

i had an asain friend tell me I'm supposed to drain the water after then cook a little bit more or something with the sauce.

ended up burning it and tasted really garlicy.

I want to give it another try though.

Add the flavour sachets to a pot of boiling water. Add the dry noodles, and immediately turn off the heat. Let it sit until the noodles are soft, this will take about 5-7 minutes. Then pour the entire contents into a bowl and eat!

Bon-appo-teet!

So there's no draining noodles right?

No, don't drain it. It's meant to be a like a soup. If you drain it you lose all the flavour.

This right here.

wat

No, don't do this.

Dump all the packets into a bowl.
Boil up the noodles, drain all the water, and dump the noodles into your bowl.
Mix.

That's literally it.

Don't get trolled, ya dumdum

Just the thread I was looking for. I stumbled on a site called ramen rater, which is a guy who rates ramen.
theramenrater.com/
After an hour on this, I started adding lots of noodles I've never tried to my Tesco grocery delivery.

I have 3 of those packs of Indomie Mi Goreng noodles you posted in my basket. Never tried them but they get rave reviews on here. Also, 3 of the Mi Goreng "Pedas," dunno what that is, and 3 of the Indomie Onion Chicken flavour.

Got some of the Nissin Demae noodles coming too. A few Ramen Beef, Ramen Tonkotsu (pic related - highly rated on that site), and Ramen Sesame. Left the Tokyo Soy Sauce and Spicy flavours for another time. Also got 4 Nissin Soba Yakisoba cup noodles, I've had these before, quite good.

Got a dozen various Naked Noodle pots because they were on sale and I love them, and half a dozen Koka noodle pots, because they were cheap. Never tried them.

Two brands that I wanted, but cut out because they were a bit expensive: Mama and Nong-shim. Both do Kimchi which I'm eager to try, and other interesting flavours, but think I'll leave it until next time. I'm open to putting them back in the basket if folks tell me they're worth the extra money.

I've also got a few things to add (Spam, Mattessons smoked sausage, pastrami, roast beef, roast chicken, spring onion, red + green jalapenos, eggs, hot sauces, lamb seekh kebab, various bags of Tesco frozen veg/stir fry veg, peas etc).

Thoughts on any of this? Particularly Nong-Shim and Mama noodles.

This is the correct method to prepare indomie instant noodles, which are not ramen.

Pedas means spicy in Indonesian. They are a similar flavour to the plain version but a have more chilli.

hey retards how about you all shut the fuck up and listen to someone who actually knows mi goreng? been eatin these on/off the last 10 years of my life ive seen 4 different fuckin packagings ive seen the recipe change i know whats fuckin what

now the last dickhead was close but not close enough

step 1: boil water, put noodles in
step 2: empty all of flavour sachets into bowl
step 3: MIX FLAVOUR SACHETS UNTIL UNIFORM MIXTURE (this is most important for flavour consistency and ease of mixing, nothing worse than having to mix the shallots/chilli/bumbu/oil/garlicy-soy sauce shit individually throuugh the noodles just trust me on this one mix ur flavours up before puttin the noodles in cunts
step 4: once flavour sachets mixed and noodles are done, dump noodles into bowl with flavour sachets
step 5: mix until the noodles are all a uniform colour
step 6: eat it ya dingus, also clean off ur scissors and throw the sachets in the bin u dirty fucks

also frozen peas go fuckin amazing with mi goreng, chuck em in with the noodles n cook em together

ALSO u can do mi goreng without a stove top, i got a tall metal cup, boil water, put it in, snap noodle block lengthwise ONCE, and i can do it like that.

answering all qeustions on mi goreng btw

I get packs on amazon for cheap. Fill with veggies and it's awesome.

Sometimes i'll throw in some left over meat and it mixes well with the duck flavor. Chicken, beef, and pork all go well with it.

why are mods banning things that are not bannable, but letting this idiot post 12 mi goreng posts a day. Think we found the new janitor and we all need to report him, he is the mi goreng fag.

ketut is mine ya cunt

This is the only correct method of cooking mi goreng. So far everyone else is wrong.

fuck off i aint ever leavin this fuckin island for no one

Read the instructions in the pack ya dingus
Mi goreng is not ramen, it should not be consumed with any liquid broth.

are you actually retarded?

i used to have to work for the dole with a guy, he was a major drug addict. no one knew what, we all think he was just on whatever the fuck he culd get. never had any money for food. would lose his absolute fucking shit if there were no mi goreng for him to eat.

would boil the water, put the noodles in, put all the flavour sachets in the boiling water, then add tomato and bbq sauce to the boiling water. mix it all up and bon apatit! he would also drink the water aftwards..

>A drug addict knows better than wannabe co/ck/s
Just goes to show how bad this finger painting sub-reddit is.

fuck off retard putting the flavour sachets in the water is completely wrong and is what the drug addict did

i am also a drug addict but not on heroin and shit but you DO NOT put the flavour sachets in the water

this is literally the BEST method to make mi goreng

You clearly don't know how to make GOOD mi goreng ramen.

I usually

Boil noodles
Drain
Mix
Put oil in pan
Flags fry 2mins in max heat.

Perfect.

you're not trying hard enough faggot

you clearly are on par with a fuckin heroin/meth addict in terms of how to make a pack of fuckin noodles

like the heroin/meth/alcohol addict is too fuckin stupid to take the 30 seconds to read the back of a packet

are you?

Very original thread you sub human piece of shit.

for me it's crucial to get some more of pic related in

degenerate but really tasty version is to add about half a soup spoon of peanut butter in

if i've got time to kill cooking mushroom chicken spring onion whatever other vegies you want or need but especially ginger then adding strained noodles and premixed sachets and packs in a wok or pan is a damn good meal

Ramen noodles chicken flavor with a bit of dried chili pepper.

This stuff. handful of spring onion and two eggs dumped in at the end.
Tastes good, filling, and pretty hard to fuck up when you're hammered.

Any retards that cook their noddels in a microwave or a pot is an embarrassment.

Step 1: Boil Water in Kettle
Step 2: Put noodels and flavours in bowl
Step 3: Pour boiled water in bowl so it just covers the top - but watch out, the noodels float, meaning you might think you have filled it up enough.
Step 4: Wait
Step 5: Pour yourself a glass of 2.50 red wine and enjoy the noodles by yourself

>noodels

>ramen day
>posts chow mein

>putting flavour sachets in with the water

wtf.. NO

you pour boiling water in with the noodles, let them sit for 3 minutes then drain most of the water. then add in the wet sachets and mix through. then add the dry sachets and mix.

mi goreng is not ramen.

or if youre autistic. mix the sachets in a separate small bowl and pour over the drained noodles and fry in a pan with some oil and crack an egg on top

>Turn 3 minute noodles into a 20 minute cook and clean session
Yeah, no.

worth it if you want 10 minute noodles

You're almost right mate - you have the right idea.
Few steps you're missing though.

Firstly, dice up some fuckin bacon and throw it in.
Second, chop up your spring/green onions and throw them in.
Third, slice up some chicken breast and throw that in.
Fourth, dash some sesame oil in there.

Now you're eating some fuckin food.

Fuck the instant shit.

If your ramen eating days are on Sunday then spend your weekend beforehand to make some home made shit.
Make and hydrate some noodles in the fridge and boil some broth overnight on Saturday.

Shit's fuckin time consuming but it's well worth to figure out how to make the good shit

>Spend 3 hours making ingredients for a dish you'll just end up eating in 10 minutes.

inb4 "sweet sundae ramen"