Foods you hated as a kid but love now

Not including vegetables/coffee/beer, I think mustard is the biggest thing I've turned around on. This is my favorite brand so far

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Specific_populations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mcdonals quarter punder.
I use to think it was bad butt then I realize it just a big cheese burger

Can't think of anything I disliked then but eat now, eating whole food plant based most of the time. Everything I disliked then I haven't eaten since then. I always like vegetables/greens enough to eat them plain.

>spicy stuff
>unsweetened tea
>coffee
>olives
>blue cheese

But I dislike truffles as an adult. Is it because I'm gay?

Vegetables

As a child my diet was mostly meat and pasta, but nowadays plants are all I eat.

Also bananas.

i was never a picky eater so nothing really

Why are you drinking coffee as a kid? How tall are you?

Buffalo bro?

>implying coffee is bad for children

I'm not who you asked, but I drank a good amount of coffee when I was a kid. I spent a lot of time at my grandparents, where people (particularly my grandfather) would drink coffee from the time they woke up until the time they went to bed. My grandfather would always tell me coffee costs 10 cents for anyone under the age of 16, then I would "steal" a handful of coins from his change jar and give it to him. My best friend growing up also drank a lot of coffee at home. I have never even thought it was weird until I started typing this out.

Maybe it's an old wives tale, but I remember hearing coffee can stunt your growth. Kids don't need to be tuned up on caffeine either. I get all nervous and shaky after one cup, and I'm 33 years old. I guess if you're used to it, it's fine though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Specific_populations

Opposite answer- I LOVED chicken as a child, but slowly grew to despise it as an adult. I was accidentally given a chicken soup at a restaurant recently because of a miscommunication between the server and I. I ate it and it was amazing. Besides that, I have not eaten chicken in years.

Egg. Mayo. Milk.

Come to think of it I had a weird hate of white foods.

The caffeine in coffee definitely effects people differently. Even as a lifelong daily consumer, it still effects me differently day to day. You're right about kids and caffeine though. I can count on both hands the number of times my two girls have had caffeinated sodas.

Same here, I avoided mustard until I was about 25 and my mom gave me a bottle of Sriracha mustard. Since then, I consume a 12oz bottle of spicy brown mustard every month. Baked chicken with mustard is just so good, I don't use any other sauce or spice rub on it anymore.

Started drinking coffee when I was 4 and grew up to be 6'5". My parents discovered that a little caffeine helped me concentrate after spending years not knowing how to treat my ADHD.

Grew up in an Italian household hating Italian food for some reason, especially red sauce based dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, ricotta stuffed ravioli, lasagna, eggplant parm, etc. I fucking love the stuff now. There's something so simple and delicious about a homemade marinara on spaghetti with big chunks of tomato and a sprinkling parmigiano reggiano

I don't understand how one can hate chicken. It's the most neutral meat in existence. It takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with and gives it a nice, meaty texture.

I only had it occasionally. I'm pretty sure the growth thing is bullshit, just like going blind from masturbation

But how are people supposed to talk to you until you're had your coffee?

I like fresh tomatoes now, but hate cooked tomatoes. That includes pizza sauce, marinara, ketchup, soups with tomato juice in the broth, etc.

It is. Somebody linked it. I wonder why that was something that caught on?
I wake up when I wake up. I get up around 4 or 5 anyway.

communication with another human is physically imposible before ingesting at least two frappucinos, time of the day has nothing to do with it

Black olives
Raisins
Peas
White chocolate

you're mom !
lol burn

Then you probably won't like THIS!

or THIS!

That reminds me, I used to not like steak because my parents always overcooked it because they thought you'd get sick and die which I guess happened with some frequency in their home country

I didn't like cola as a kid. Always prefered fanta.
Now I love cola.

Mustard for me too, maybe because I moved to the upper midwest and so many more people eat good mustard, not just the shitty yellow mustard 95% of the rest of Americans use

>frappucino
I thought we were talking about coffee?

A lot of condiments and dips. Mustard same as you, now I love it. But also guacamole, humus, etc.
Olives.

Biggest thing is animal fat though. As a kid I always wanted the most lean pieces of meat and would cut away any amount of fat. Now I think meat should be really nice fatty and marbled. Especially pork. Nothing better than pork fat.
I also refused to eat seafood and am now starting to enjoy it more and more. I still don't like stuff like raw oysters, but scallops or calamari fritti are delicious.

Mustard is also the best thing on a burger. Basically: mustard + meat = bliss.

Onions, didnt start to really love them till i fiund out the white squares on my mcdouble was chopped onions.

a nice brat with this stuff

That's how I was with pork chops. My dad used to cook them to hell so I grew up thinking pork chops were inherently tough and bland.

Onions, I use them in everything

Vinegar

fanta is a kid's drink in general. Almost everyone I know liked fanta as a child but never drinks it as an adult, I'm the same way
weird, huh?