Who's in the wrong here?

Who's in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

apparently wikipedia for thinking that words don't mean different things in different cultures

American's biscuit is a type of bread and brit's biscuit is type of cookie but it started out as a type bread. So they're just varieties, as the infobox shows.

Kek
>neutral

Not really, since wikipedia just explained how the words mean different things in different cultures

America has only existed for 400 years so obviously British one is correct.

They're both correct.

Languages never stop evolving, forking, and mixing with different languages.

Do you get asspained when people bring up the difference between a texmex taco and a spanish taco? Shit threads should result in a temp ban

Not even 250.

cookies are a type of biscuit
the thing on the left is a scone

>A land mass has only existed for 400 years
Chief Callingbullshit say stop following man mounted on cross.

>Soft and flaky
>Hard and dry
Gee, I wonder which one is wrong.

tea snacks are wrong and propagate fatness
but they are great for sharing on work
and bread is bread duh

This is REAL biscuits and gravy, not the kind of shit you Amerisharts make.

Spaniards don't make tacos, Mexicans do.

There is no such thing as correct language.

English is the only thing Limeys have left, so they're very sensitive about it

You, for making this thread.

me

This guy.

Fuck you, guy.

The word cookie is in the wrong

Not in this case, but in all other cases yes

american woman are soft
american men are flaky

british men are hard
british women are dry

Did you know that the sport of kicking a round ball into goals was called Soccer throughout the world by upper class people for centuries and that Football was the name used by the illiterate, and that Americans are the only ones who still call it by its proper name?

Brits cant even speak their own language correctly.

American men are fat
American women are fat

British men are fat
British women are fat

- A poem from an Australian

>Not calling them Cook'ems

Cookies are text files faggot. Stop appropriating words

The burgers. You can't just change something and act like everyone else is wrong, it's peak narcissism.

Both. This is real Biscuit.

>Implying that browser still store cookies as individual files on disk.

We've moved on. We have the technology.

>there are people who have never tried real biscuits and gravy
>there are people who are likely to be gunned down or ran over by unidentifiable men of mediterranean appearance before they ever can
fuck i'm sad now

It looks like somebody puked all over it. How can you eat that disgusting shit?

Southerner here. I agree it looks revolting but it really is a fine food. Somehow the texture of the light fluffy biscuit is just perfect with the sausage gravy. I've only known 2 people who didn't like it and they were both women from asia. Go figure.

>its older so it must be right

this is how stupid people ie yurocucks think

So say the people who took punch and curry from Ganges shitflingers and turned it into something even more disgusting.

The british version of biscuit is the original, so British biscuit is in the right. American biscuits are called 'biscuit' due to the colloquialism of referring to any oven baked sheet bread as 'biscuit' during the 1700's. Which you would KNOW if you watched Jas. Townsend and Son's you fucking uneducated frenchman

This

And this

>brit's biscuit is type of cookie
Britfag here. No it's not a "type of". If I understand the American usage of "cookie" correctly, when Americans say "cookie", they're referring to everything that we would call a "biscuit".

We do, however, use the term "chocolate chip cookies" for pic related. They are just an American biscuit to us. That's the only time we use the term "cookie". For this type of biscuit specifically.

someone jizzed on your scone m8

>no one so far has mentioned the fact that biscuit comes from French and means "cooked twice" and that therefore the British definition is the correct one
>amerilards think that their shitty version of scones can be called biscuits

But then they go and call Hand Egg "football".

we don't think, we know ,':^)

>everything that we would call a "biscuit".

But you call "crackers" biscuits also, don't you?

No, we call them crackers

british scones look like american drop biscuits.

drop biscuits are good, but the traditional southern buttermilk biscuit is incredible. i'd say i'd say it's the tastiest baked good ever created.

how different are american "biscuits" and everyone else's "scones"

>mummy I don't wanna eat it, it looks icky!!!

No.

>british scones look like american drop biscuits.

They look like American biscuits.

It's really beautiful. Thanks for sharing

>We do, however, use the term "chocolate chip cookies"
This actually clears some stuff up for me. I have been to London many times and everything I would call a cookie the package also called a cookie but brits called it a biscuit.

Are there many other types of "biscuits" you might call a "cookie" or is this more of a London thing because of tourism or something?

>If I understand the American usage of "cookie" correctly, when Americans say "cookie", they're referring to everything that we would call a "biscuit".

My family is half British, I am currently living in the states. That's not quite accurate.

What Americans call cookies are nearly always sweet. However, many of the British biscuits I've had aren't sweet at all--or might even be savory. It would be awkward in America to refer to such a thing as a cookie.

It's an Americanisation thing. So we'll call American style (large, soft, chewy) cookies "cookies", and we understand that a cookie is distinct from a (smaller, hard, crunchy) "biscuit".

Everything in America is cloyingly sweet. What they call bread is as sweet as a cake in the rest of the world.

Biscuit means twice cooked, so whichever of the two is not cooked twice is wrong.

>What they call bread is as sweet as a cake in the rest of the world

Wait until you try Japanese bread

But the American dialect is closer to the way most Brits spoke back then.

>You can't just change something and act like everyone else is wrong, it's peak narcissism.

The majority of first language English speakers in the world speak are Americans speaking American English. If we have to draw conclusions about which English is the most mutually intelligible among English speakers the answer is obvious.

Nearly everything we in England call a biscuit is sweet, though not necessarily by American standards.

Biscuits are lighter and almost exclusively savory as opposed to sweet.

Those are scones with milk and mince.

go back to your reservation fag

they are scones with bechamel/white/roux sauce with sausage added.

where is the juice from the meat? It is not a gravy.

look up the recipe for american gravy/bechamel sauce/white sauce/roux sauce. They are all the fucking same.

>where is the juice from the meat?
That's the fat used to make the roux base for the gravy.

You start by frying the sausage, which renders out fat and juices. You use that fat to make the roux, then add milk.

No one. It's called different dialects.

so it's a roux made with lard instead of butter? The american recipe for gravy includes butter.

>so it's a roux made with lard instead of butter?

Drippings from cooking pork sausage or bacon is extremely common. ...or whatever other fat you have left over after cooking. Another common thing is to use would be the drippings left over from cooking a 'chicken fried steak' (the US version of Schnitzel brought over by German immigrants)...or even a normal un-breaded steak.

>>The american recipe for gravy includes butter.
Which one? I'm American, and I've never used butter to make gravy. It's always the fat left over from cooking the rest of the meal.

The while gravy we're talking about here, aka "Sawmill gravy" had its origins in pioneer/frontier cooking. In other words, peasant cooking. Low budget. You used what you had, and the drippings from whatever meat you cooked first is as cheap as it gets.

Only if you buy shit tier poor people food like wonderbread

You guys eat some bland fucking cake.

just admit, it's not gravy really, is it? It's just white sauce with some added sausage.

>If it isn't 50% HFCS and salt it's "bland"

I almost want to feel sorry, but you brought it upon yourselves.

Not that user, but you're basically correct. We eat many different types of gravy here but the gravy we eat with biscuits is basically exactly what you're describing. It's an American sausage, though, so you won't be able to find it over there in bongland.

If your desert cakes are as sweet as our Walmart bread, it is bland and tasteless as shit. That's a fact. The white people food meme is true apparently.

>desert

I meant "dessert." Kek.

>be me (American)
>visit cousin in England
>go out for lunch
>order biscuits and gravy
>get this
>wtf?!?!

so why call it gravy? the word already exists and the ingedients are nothing like your american abomination.

Because we can, you fucking faggot. Cry more.

>Milk is gravy

See that's where your made up story falls apart.

milk is not gravy in any country, you tard. You have never been to the UK otherwise you would know we do no serve biscuits and gravy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty

You guys eat disgusting and bland food. You fags even have pub songs dedicated to this abomination.

what the fuck has that to do with biscuits and gravy?

Gravy is a very generic term. It applies to any sauce made from the drippings of cooking meat.

That applies to to American white gravy just as much as it applies to a more traditional brown gravy for a Sunday roast.

And if you really want to get your knickers in a twist: Italian-Americans refer to their tomato sauce as "Sunday Gravy".

I flipped my shit about that before...and guess what? It's also made starting with a base of rendered juices and fat from cooking meat. So as strange as the name seems its use is technically correct--it is a sauce made on a base of drippings.

adds to the conversation and didn't read this

I did read it. I also replied to it and explained that nobody uses fucking butter, it's made from the drippings left behind from cooking your bacon, sausage, chicken fried steak, etc.

but it's white

You use the drippings and bits of meat stuck to the pan in the gravy, moron. The sausage is cooked before the sauce is made and then added later. The sausage that we use has the consistency of hamburger not bangers or some shit..

Yes they do; it's usually a combination of the two.

It's never a pure white, it always has a bit of color to it. And that's what happens when you add milk to it.

Do you think that the drippings from bacon or pork sausage cooking have much color? No, they don't. I save bacon grease in my fridge and it's pretty much white in color.

What's your gravy making experience, anyway? You never get a very dark color unless you add either wine or "browning" (aka artificial color) when making gravy, and American white gravy contains neither. Though I understand it's common to add that brown coloring in bongland?

Also, to reiterate--some use butter but most don't. Butter isn't unheard of but it's not standard.

Proper gravy does not have milk added to it. I think you will find English food has been around a few hundred years longer than american crap.

Boo fucking hoo.

No one cares about what you consider proper. Your food is boring and bland. Your best dish--a full English breakfast--is simply random shit from your refrigerator and canned beans (from Heinz--an AMERICAN company) dumped onto a plate.

I don't see a problem here. Nobody is claiming this is the same thing as a British gravy.

I'm a bong but...it's okay for Americans to call the white stuff gravy. As the other anons have pointed out, it's all made from a base of meat juices. It's logically consistent, which makes a change.

Calm the fuck down Chad.

I don't know why your countrymen are so autistic. We eat different types of gravy here: brown (beef) gravy, sausage gravy, turkey gravy, etc etc etc. We're not the UK and we don't eat the same food or prepare it in the same way even if some of it is similar.

This. I add some butter to the sausage drippings before adding the flour for an added richness. Also I often use cream or half and half for the ultimate in decadence since I only eat it once a month or so. I like to use a shit ton of black pepper too.

>Cletus cometh
>Cletus speaketh

Yeah you tell him. Great job.