Potatoes vs. rice vs. pasta

if you had to cook with only one of them for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

Potatoes.

Pasta is for fat and brown people
Rice is for brown and yellow people

Potatoes forever, mate.

Rice.

It can be processed into many forms. From noodles to chewy cakes. Not to mention rice wine, not the distilled kind, but the actual low alcohol content fermented rice is absolutely delicious.

You can't do the above with anything else in that picture.

fuckin rice
oh shit i love that shit

Ever heard of vodka m8? Ever heard of latkas? Anything rice can do potatoe can do and vice versa, especially since there are so many breeds for each.

Potatoes, I grow it at home and it can be made into many different kinds of foods. It also goes with everything.

Specifically mentioned "not distilled" still brings up vodka.

It's not
>latkas

it's
>latkes

Pleb.

Ever had rice cakes bitch?

>voska
Nigger I can make sake with rice.

Potatoes for sure. They are very versatile even for a novice cook. This isn't even really a fair contest though.

Potatoes or shrimp.

Does pasta include bulghur and couscous? If so, then pasta.

Rice obviously.

Shrimp is particularly good too considering how expandable it is.

Though choice between pasta and rice

with user's alternatve rule, hands down wheat

Rice. Sushi alone is a good enough reason, a nice steaming hot bowl of basmati rice with curry and biryani are also excellent reasons.

You know that potatoes are indigenous to South America, right?

potatoes = rice > pasta

>Pasta is for day and brown people
Italy is neither fat or brown

Rice tbqh

potatoes ERRY DAY.
1. Fries
2. Loaded & plain baked potatoes
3. Potato chips
4. Cooked potatoes
5. Gratin
6. Gnocchi
7. potato salad
8. Sweet potato oven fries
9. rösti
10. Spanish tortilla
11. Country potatoes
12. Duchess potatoes
13. Potato Crocquettes
14. Hasselback potato
15. Sweet potato pie
16. Mashed potatoes
17. Potato soup - any major Vegetable soup that uses potatoes as a major binding/thickening agent
18. Sweet potato waffles
19. I'm tired/drunk and feel like I've won

>come at me bro

Rice > Potatoes >> Pasta

I'm white, but grew up in Hawaii, so rice for life. Potatoes are also cheap and versatile as fuck.

I feel like people who choose pasta are poorfags who can't cook. There are plenty of noodles that aren't pasta.

>Potatoes are easier to harvest
>Can thrive in hearty climates

>Are dense
>Can also be used as a battery.

>Do not need to be processed or >dehydrated like rice or pasta.

>Dont need to be "enriched"

Potatoes probably, I think there are diverse meals to prepare with just potatoes. They can also satisfy different cravings, like I could prepare fries if I felt in the mood for some fatty food.
That being said, I actually like rice the best out of those three.

I'm gonna cook through this whole list starting tomorrow, friend.

fucking weebs, pretending that sake isn't awful.

no quinoa option.

actually do like the stuff especially the red.

however since I'm Irish potatoes it is.

it's "cook with" not "grow like a fucking autistic bear grylls" question, user

>Dont need to be "enriched"
whole grain flours don't need to be enriched either, but if you peeled all your potatoes they wouldn't be as nutritious

Surprised by the amount of people choosing rice over pasta? Why?

Pasta shouldn't even be in the running. Rice and potatoes are both more versatile.

Pasta is bulky and decadent.

Potato is versatile and tasty, not decadent like pasta.

Rice however, is just so fucking nourishing. I was born/raised in Louisiana and most of our classic dishes are made/served with rice. However, I'm dieting so I haven't been eating any rice. Just the occasional brown rice, but very rare. I feel so fucking malnourished...

>Rice however, is just so fucking nourishing. I was born/raised in Louisiana and most of our classic dishes are made/served with rice

I am in the same boat and would have to pick rice as well because of this. If it's good enough for the asians, right?

>born/raised in Louisiana

Sorry for that user, but that should cause much more worry than not eating rice for a few months. You might as well have admitted you were from MS.

Pasta. I can't live without it.

Italian fried rice with little sauteed potato cubes in there = god tier starch combo

worst starch combo is potato chips and popcorn. do u feel me

I literally couldn't imagine life without pasta.

Pasta

Spaghetti/angel hair/raviolii/rigatoni for life

Rice and potatoes are garbage

Definitely rice, by far the easiest of the 3 digest. pretty much can be eaten with anything as well

yeah, and they also don't eat pasta, dumbass

There is only one correct answer

that is maybe the most asshole pasta I've seen in my life

Maybe try the alfredo instead of the olive oil one.

Rice. I don't give a fuck about potatoes, and I love pasta, but rice is the fucking best.

You got that backwards homie.

Potatoe pasta is gnocchi.
Potatoe alcohol is vodka (which can then be gin and lots of other shit, even shochu)
Potatoe can be soup, souffle, and bread.
Potatoe can even be a kind of mochi.
Potatoe can be riced, to resemble rice, but better.

Yes, rice can be most of these things, but it doesn't easily make French fries, chips, or baked potatoe. It's easier to break down than build up, therefore potatoe is superior.

Bread

Potatoes. Most nutritious of the three and also I fucking love potatoes. Like pasta can be great with he right sauces and such, but potatoes need nothing.

Either potatoes or pasta, but If I had to choose, then I guess potatoes.

Who regularly eats rice?

I do. I would take it over potatoes any day because more interesting stuff goes with it. Pasta is a tougher call for me, but if I had to choose it would probably be rice.

I'm really confused why you people are picking potatoes.

Wouldn't you miss pasta, lasagna, soup noodles, casseroles, hamburger helper, alfredo?
Hell there is a daily carbonara thread here!

Potatoes to me are just french fries, baked potatoes, hashbrows and that's about it.

You can use potato flour to make pasta. Less refined is better, you can't turn pasta back into wheat and then make bread.

Most pastas you get at the store are literally just wheat. You can absolutely turn them into wheat flour.

Do you own a mill? It'd take ages with mortar and pestle so I discounted it as too much work.. Making potato flour is so much easier.

It's probably about as much work as making rice flour.

I think the thread is a little myopic by saying you get any kind of potato, any kind of rice, but only this one kind of wheat product.

True. Rice, potato, or wheat might be a better question. Though potato or grain (wheat, rice, oats, barley) is probably more fair as potatoes have a lot of range in starch content. I still contend bigger is better as large pieces applications (fries, chips, roasted whole) are more difficult with grains.

Rice is cheap and nutritious as are potatoes. Whichever you choose you win. Pasta shouldn't even be in the running. It's trash.

you're right except pasta is not trash, it's delicious. especially with tomato gravy

Tomato gravy? Do we have flyoverland represented here? Pennsylvania?

Nothing sounds dumber than calling tomato sauce "gravy".

Locked out of just the other two? Pasta.
Locked out of all starch sides, like groats? Potatoes.

What do you think they call it in italy, dipshit? god, you uncultured twats.

Too hard, can't choose just one. But, I will say it's either rice or potatoes. Both are very versatile, and both have good points and bad points. I'm leaning slightly more towards potatoes, because of their nutrition, but then rice has a much longer storage life, which is nice. They both have great flavors. IDFK.

Because direct translation ALWAYS makes sense...

"I got caught being a moron, oops.I better act even more childish by being a bigger asshole."

When you shit the bed, own it, don't blame your dog.

Is white rice really bad for you? I've been hearing that a lot lately. I just don't want to believe.

Not bad depending on the rest of your diet but not as nutritious as brown rice.

Hmmm had a dude tell me that his doctor likened it to eating candy because of all the sugars in it.

It didn't sound right but I'm not fucking doctor so why have that argument?

Okinava longlivers diet is based on potato, so...

Why the uncertainly? Just fucking look up the nutritional content of white rice and that will make things perfectly clear.

Look on Google. Half the links says it's worse than sugar, the other half say yeah sugar's in there but not a big deal.

I thought you boys might have the skinny on what the truth is, lots of people here have already researched it.

Japan eats nothing but rice and a bit of fish and they have the highest age expectancy.

Everything in moderation ios key, plain white rice is simply carbs and nothing more. It can raise blood sugar, so if you are eating rice with lots of fatty food in excess with soda and ice cream for desert, of course it's not going to be good.

>Japan eats nothing but rice and a bit of fish.
Retard.

Pasta
That's pretty much what I already do

Potatoes, obviously. Who has ever heard of twice baked rice?

This.

>Pasta
>done in 10 mins

>Rice
>25-30 mins
>requires constant oversight
>clogs your gut

>Potatoes
>Delicious when used in other dishes
>Tasteless on their own unless fried, which is a pain in the ass

Tbh if this was forever, I would have to pick potatoes for nutritional reasons, but right now my starch of choice is pasta.

potatoes i guess

I have. It's not uncommon.

1. Potatoes
2. Rice
POWER GAP
9001. Pasta

>Pasta
>Rice
>Potatoes

Well the difference is that candy is usually eaten by itself, whereas rice is eaten with meat and vegetables which slow down digestion. If you were eating nothing but plain white rice yeah it wouldn't be very good for you and you'd get blood sugar spikes. It'd be better to eat brown rice if you're able to because it's a more complete food but white rice is still okay as long as you combine it with other foods.

>k120

ma nig

You could probably live a lot longer without it you fatass

I honestly thought I was Veeky Forums when I originally asked the question.

>wouldn't you miss hamburger helper