Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created

Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/utCRI9bTbe4
foodwishes.blogspot.com/2007/07/homemade-mayonnaise-recipe-video-big.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

k keep me posted

Ketchup still is the worst condiment ever created.

and now ?

Just checked. Seems like nothing has changed. Ketchup still is the worst condiment ever created.

What about catsup?

Bullshit, A1 tastes like Jeyes fluid.

Also terrible.

But at least it doesn't taste like ketchup.

100% agree OP. It's too overpowering. Anything you put ketchup on just ends up tasting like ketchup. It's too overpowering. It should only be used as an ingredient, and maybe a dipping sauce for fried potatoes. That's about it.

Curry Ketchup is fucking amazing though 10/10.

I agree. I only eat my food without any condiments whatsoever. Who the fuck needs to dose their food in condiments anyways?

> white power ketchup for kebab
Spicy

It's not for kebab, it's for currywurst. Invented by Herta Heuwer.

My bad, I thought the kebabs also invented Currywurst.

Yeah the history is kind of unexpected. Herta made it up in 1949.
>American soldiers brought ketchup
>British soldiers brought curry powder
>German girl combines the two at her street stall

Typical German "cooking".

That's not how you spell mayonnaise.

No, it's not. That's because Mayonnaise isn't the worst condiment ever created. Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created.

I'm not the biggest fan of ketchup, but at least it tastes like something edible. Mayonnaise tastes like creamy wallpaper glue.

>Mayonnaise tastes like creamy wallpaper glue.
Might be. But at least it doesn't taste like ketchup, the worst condiment ever created.

None of these answers has been Jack's Best Barbecue Sauce. So you're all wrong.

Still better than Jack's Worst Barbecue Sauce.

>knows how wallpaper glue tastes

Absolute pleb tier taste.

Mayonnaise is creamy decadent goodness that accents and complements dishes. Unlike ketchup, which is the worst condiment ever created.

Ranch is the worst.

What about marmite?

I dunno user. Is marmite ketchup, the worst condiment ever created?

hainz ketchup, the worst condiment ever created

I like sour shit, but hainz is 2sour4me
gotta hide that putrid cheapo tomato paste taste I guess

You're more retarded than people who spell it "tobasco."

this. Condiments shouldn't be needed to enjoy food

Ranch is fucking disgusting

It is. But it's still not as bad as ketchup, the worst condiment ever created.

I like cooking and I enjoy some well made food
But still once a month jike going to one of those greasy burger places and ordering a bacon and cheese hotdog with a big side of fried and drenching it on keptchup
There is something I my genes that tells me yes its shut but j want it inside me

Try making your own ketchup with less sugar, and adding some spices like cinnamon, clove, or nutmeg. Clove tastes pretty good in ketchup.

Ranch is easily the worst condiment ever created. It immediately marks you as a poor, lower class retard that has no taste buds left.

Homemade ranch dressing is actually pretty good once and a while. The shit in the bottle is gross though.

And Ketchup doesn't? Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created.

desu I put them both in the same category, but ranch triggers me far worse.

One of my coworkers puts fucking ranch on pizza, salad, and pasta. It's like the one sauce that he buys. Aggravating.

Mayo is a crappy sauce used to drown out the flavor of your £2 rat kebab.

There's a reason that only crappy fast food places serve with mayo.

Marmite is pretty good. A bit salty. If you want just the bitter beer sludge flavor, there's brewer's yeast powder. The brown stuff, not yellow nutritional yeast.

Can confirm that A1 is actually the worst condiment ever created.

I agree

Why doesn't anyone ever post a homemade catsup recipe? Like it or not it's an ubiquitous condiment. Yet no one, and I mean no one, makes it themselves. This is precisely what's wrong with our world in 2017.

lmao user has never made fresh mayonnaise

That stuff in the jar with the blue label that comes with your tendies isn't mayonnaise. It's mostly oil and salt.

dudes its tomatoes and vinegar.. the fuck is your problem

Now that Sriracha is around, yes, ketchup is shit tier.

HFCS

Did they get a deal on dollar store brand Drano bottles?

>youtu.be/utCRI9bTbe4

This. Ranch is worse than ketchup. Honey mustard is pretty awful as well.

The smell of hot ketchup is one of the most disgusting things in the world. Smells like school cafeteria and poverty.

stop buying shit brands

Mayo would like to have a word with you

Why would I put any effort in making ketchup, the worst condiment ever created, myself?

What about banana ketchup?

Mustard is the greatest condiment on the planet

does home made ketchup have the same shelf life as store bought because I'm not going to make more ketchup every time I want to add it to something.

at least mayo is decent as a base for better sauces, ketchup is literally only okay for fries and hot dogs (and mustard is still better for the latter)

Fuck mayo.

Where is this from? I always fucking love americans in manga.

Kengan Asura (or Ashura or Ashua, depending)

The whole comic is great. Businesses hire fighters to compete in underground deathmatches to run the economy of Japan.

And mayonnaise is better for fries.

>live close to a polish market
>love the hell out of their ketchup, mayo and mustard

Why are they so cheap and yet so delicious compared to the mainstream brands?

Never tried this, but remove the Brand-name and focus on the actual thing.

Is this actually good?
It's got ketchup on the end so that's a thing.

Nuke this board

my ninja!

ketchup+mayo=special sauce

If you're smothering stuff in it, yeah. A little goes a very long way with ketchup, you should only get a dab of it per bite.

Ketchup has become a mockery of itself. It used to be much less sweet, and more flavorful (thanks corn shills for ruining everything). If I want a tomato condiment for something, I use tomato jam. It's actually less sweet than Ketchup.

>thanks corn shills for ruining everything

They haven't stopped me from making my own.

Check out some of the old-school recipes for Mushroom Ketchup.

I actually will, thanks. I've been meaning to try making mushroom ketchup, and just haven't gotten around to it.

I like it on pizza, especially the hot variety. If you can recommend me a good hot sauce alternative I'll throw it in the trash can right now.

they're cheap because production costs are low in Poland
they're good because good produce is cheap in Poland, and you don't save much money by using shit ingredients over good ones
and also most people here actually cook and make their own condiments, so store-bought stuff has to be good to even compete

dyi hot tomato sauce

>That stuff in the jar with the blue label that comes with your tendies isn't mayonnaise. It's mostly oil and salt.
A shitload of oil with three egg yolks and some mustard is still a shitload of oil.

It honestly doesn't take a "shitload" of oil to make a good mayonnaise. If you make your own, you can easily judge by watching the exact amount it will take to get proper consistency, and it will usually be less than what was called for.

I dont like banana ketchup. Dont get me wrong it doesnt taste bad. Its just completely pointless. It just tastes like you put an open bowl of ketchup in a lunchbox with a bunch of bananas and closed it up for a few hours. What is it good on?

it takes quite a bit. I believe its around 1.5 cups of oil for 2 egg yolks and a squeeze of lemon. Its almost entirely made out of oil DESU.

>babby's first food opinion

Guaranteed you're in college and call yourself a "foodie"

>this is how we know you don't make mayonnaise

Not only that, but why are you so afraid of oil? Do you think people eat mayonnaise by the cupful or something? Your argument is stupid.

>Its almost entirely made out of oil DESU.

More like entirely made out of air. 1.5 cups of oil would make many cups of finished mayo.

>Do you think people eat mayonnaise by the cupful or something?

You've obviously never been to Europe and seen how people eat their fries.

>Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created.
Except for all the others.

What argument? Have any of you even made your own mayo? I have multiple times. faggots.

>Not canning your own zesty, delicious catsup

Because I cheat and use a packet of spicy canning seasoning for ketchup

Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created.

heres a mayo recipe faggots read it and weep. Also Kenji lopez alt's recipe calls for 2 cups oil and chef johns calls for 1.5 cups. Stop pretending you know better than chef john because you obviously fucking dont.

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2007/07/homemade-mayonnaise-recipe-video-big.html

nah man. A1 is tits on some hot crispy french fries

mayonnaise isn't a condiment, it's a sauce.

Thread was over at this post. This shit is fucking vile, even as a 10 year old kid I started refusing to eat it anymore despite my dad insisting that it tastes good on his well done steaks.

Anything djon for me I can't stand, such a weird taste.

>tfw have friends who still use ketchup
>one who dips chicken nuggets in ketchup
>the other will get burgers with just ketchup and mayo, no lettuce or onions or anything else
I get that people develop their own tastes, but how can you develop tastes this bad?

I use ketchup when I make pasta sauce.

Ketchup is fine if not overused, the problem comes in when people lather the shit on something. For me it would be Siracha, everyone wants to put their own spin on it on things ti doesn't fit or infuse it with some other sauce for that extra spice ;^)

I ain't talking about the stuff you get out of the jar or whatever, talking about that shit that you squirt out of the bottle

>dijon

You're just scared of the "exotic" name.

my dude ketchup literally tastes good with anything. ANYTHING

>there are people in this world right now who haven't had the pleasure of warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream and ketchup poured on top
It is the definition of American cuisine.