Old thread died

old thread died
who here started drinking alone in their teens?

I never drank in my teens. When I turned 18 I was more excited about being able to vote and smoking cigarettes.

nerd

Me. I was the first one of my buddies to get a job at 17. One of my buddies was able to go to the local habib shop and buy alcohol. It's been downhill since.

Me. Started stealing my parents beer when I was 14, got caught multiple times, kept doing it until I moved out of the house, now 26 and drink beer constantly.

Is smirnoff bro dead? Please reply to this post if you are alive!

I'm alive user bro. Really not well, having to crawl instead of walk, but I'm still breathing for now. Shame, that

I used to sneak vodka into a crushed up water bottle and sip that shit straight room temperature and mallrat around a shopping center when I was 14

>mfw its fathers day and I don't have to hide my drinking
even my dad was half drunk by noon

The skin on my legs turned an ugly shade of red in big patches last year. Seems like it might be spreading to my arms and face. Someone said it might be gout, but there's no other symptoms. I feel like I've put on a lot of weight lately, and now I'm getting sleep apnea and can't breathe at night, so I'm quitting for at least a month and seeing what changes. 4 days sober and no withdrawal symptoms, not even the crushing boredom that usually comes with sobriety. Drinking loads of tea as a replacement seems to help.

>super oppressively hot
>get shitfaced
>fall asleep easy
Take that summer
I can be uncomfortable sleeping if I don't remember sleeping

I started binge drinking at 14, turned myself off of it after a while then got hooked on heroin a few years later.

Then I got off of heroin then started drinking just about erry day when I turned 21.

That's pretty much where I'm at now

Jesus man, that's a hard fucking life

I only started drinking hard around 24. Probably would have started earlier if I knew just how it made me feel, but I'm glad I didn't

How long have you gone sober?

I've got to stop if I want to live. I can't even inhale without my liver exploding with pain. Wtf am I gonna do

Surround yourself by as much entertainment as possible. TV shows, books, video games.
Just never stop doing SOMETHING
The moment you start to get bored, the need will seep back in.
That is, after you stop going through withdrawal.

Also, is this "liver pain" new?

Max was 61 days when I went to rehab.

My parents died when I was 11 so the drug addiction isn't even the worst part lol.

I haven't done heroin in about 5 months and I plan to keep it that way, I don't get blackout drunk anymore just drink a lil here and there, every day mainly tho

>being dependent on alcohol
>not smoking weed
ISHYGDDT

>I haven't done heroin in about 5 months and I plan to keep it that way, I don't get blackout drunk anymore just drink a lil here and there, every day mainly tho
That sounds pretty good man. If you can keep that up, you're in the clear.

Do you go to the gym often? I started a while ago and I think it really changed my life.

The pain has been there for a while, but the last few days it's suddenly a hell of a lot worse, and my skin is peeling off

Nah, I try to ride my bike pretty often though, it really helps with my mental health, other than that I just stay around sober people

Hmm yeah that's not good
I'm just asking about the time frame because the liver is on the right side and the first signs of appendicitis is pain on the lower right.

>not doing both
heh.. okay kid

It's just below my rib cage on the right. I can feel the damn thing poking out.
Fucking hell, I'm not happy.

>sober people
That really helped me too
I had this board game group I'd go meet every weekend for a while. Not a drop. But I didn't feel like it was lacking in any way.

Try lifting though. The bike is great (I do it every day I don't have a hangover), but lifting weights really changed how I view fitness.

I think prone to addiction and weightlifting both require a similar mindset.
The interior struggle of "I'm not good enough" and "Fuck you I am". Going all the time.
With lifting, you work real hard for an hour and a half, and that "I'm not good enough" voice shuts up for the rest of the day. All that's left is the "Yeah, I'm good".

Maybe it's just me, but my lifting buddy who stuck with it also has similar issues with self worth.
Maybe you don't. But I bet a bunch of people here do.
It's a blanket recommendation, really.

It really hurts when you try to feel under your ribcage?
Yeah, that's your liver
And that's super not good

You have to take it easy for a while man.
Shit, I'd even go to a doctor. They can help you.

It's like being stabbed if I touch the alien lump under my rib cage, yeah. Sensitive as fuck.
Going to drink myself to blackout right now, can't handle this.

RIP dude
Please go see a doctor

>want to get drunk
>no money
>have a few hundred bucks in random shitcoins
>too lazy to figure out how to withdraw it into cash

fuck sobriety and fuck crypto

From 2011 to now, at current value, I've sold $2,000,000 worth of cryptos on drugs and alcohol. Now I feel suicidal. 500 btc, 12,000 xmr and around 120 other currencies, all gone.
At least I got rekt, and even made a relatively small profit.

Damn, did you use DNM or swap it to cash?

Oh and btw, go to shapeshift.io or poloniex.com, convert shot coins to btc, then send to localbitcoins and sell for usd. can help.
I sold for cash, I don't need dnm's, I know like 20 dealers within walking distance. And their crack is moreish.

Have to say, my fellow drunkfags, that the Leftovers is a fucking 11/10 show

I did. Still continue to do so. I'll probably amount to nothing to be honest.

Ahh, crack. Makes sense then. I always like DNM just because you can get all sorts of crazy shit, like Alpha-PVP and 4F-MPH, and good ole Meth

Yeah, crack and heroin, and weed although I hate how expensive it is. I only really buy cannabis if it's an extract like budder.
Can't stand meth personally. I smoked 500mg of Chinese glass in one day first time I used, and didn't sleep for 5 days. Awful.
All drugs can get fucked compared with booze. With the exception of benzos, nothing even comes close to how nice booze makes me feel, and I've used fucking everything from common to exotic. Intoxication is my life.

i got sick as fuck last night and i didn't even drink half of what i normally drink

let's try this shit again

booze + oxy for me. both have different layers of actual physical pleasure thats comparable if not better to orgasm.

there have been a few times where ive railed some oxy while being pretty drunk and had my mouth dropped in amazement for like 10 minutes straight at how good it felt.

never tried shooting heroin though i imagine its probly even better but i like the stim like effects of oxy, not really a fan of just nodding out doing nothing for hours

Been there and had the same reaction.

You think that'd teach me not to drink when I'm feeling sick, but that's quitter talk

>500mg in one day.

Damn that's probably why you didn't like it, 10mg is a good buzz that'll last like 12 hours.

I've IVd 100mg at once tho and it was fucking sick, obv intense though

Shooting smack is no better than smoking it desu. I once shot fentanyl mixed with #4 and OD'd. Stopped breathing. Woke on icu. I haven't touched opiates for almost a year, but I'm ALWAYS drunk, and pretty sure I'm addicted to lorazepam as well. Rekt.

i was perscribed lorazepam and muscle relaxers last year and boy are they fun to mix with booze. especially the muscle relaxers. i really wanted to try the holy trinity of benzo+muscle relaxer + opi but didnt have an opi connect at the time. still really want to try muscle relaxers with oxy +booze

I started stealing my parents' alcohol and drinking it (mostly alone) at age 14

Lorazepam is godlike. I've got a couple of sleeves left until I need to top up again. Pretty sure that mixing it with booze will cause my next OD.

Be careful out there mixing muscle relaxers, benzodiazepines, alcohol, and opiates ya'll. That's how you die. Maybe you don't care if you die, but if you do, just be careful

Yea this kind of goes without saying. I always use very small ammounts of each when mixing, and hopefully anyone else does to.

Whoops

Omfg it's so hot, I can't stand it. This really isn't helping

You must be a NA East Coaster
I'm dying here too

I plan on getting drunk enough that it won't matter.

My laptop is feeling it though. Jesus, it's hot to type

I'm sat by a fan pouring water all over myself, I'm never gonna sleep. Fuck you, sun

The water thing is a mistake
At least where I am, it's so humid that evaporation is super slow.
Like it took 3 hours to dry from the shower

Yeah the humidity is fucking horrendous, but earlier I couldn't resist, I covered myself in ice cubes, so now that it's melted it's tropical in here and I've no choice but to keep soaking myself, or I'll fucking fry.
I miss winter. If it's too cold, I snuggle my duvet. Too hot? I'm powerless. Doesn't help that I can't stop fapping over Gordon Ramsay's oldest daughter. I just want to be comfy again. Fuck the sun and fuck my dick ;_;

I know exactly what you mean
I'm Canadian.
I'm a fucking creature of winter.

In a perfect world, we'd go 2 week a month ~-15 and the other 2 weeks ~20 (maxing out at 25)

I wish I could visit Canada, but I'm banned for life because I got a DUI. Can't even step foot on Canadian soil. Why the hate for alchies, CA?

There are some good things to see and experience here.
Don't blame us
Blame your own government for making DUI a felony.

Don't drink and drive though. That triggers me a wee bit

Jesus christ. Why do you guys drink so much? Just step away from the booze nigga.

I do sometimes
But what brings me back is that I feel undeniably happy and in touch with my emotions when I'm drunk

I'm not happy when I'm sober. I'm just distracted

If I stop, I have potentially fatal seizures. I'm physically dependent on alcohol. Stopping would probably cause brain damage and might well kill me.

I'm an alcoholic but I'm glad I'm not you

How do I learn to drink by myself without becoming an alcky? Weed is too expensive to smoke all the time

Not yet maybe. If you can't stop you'll be in the same position. If you could stop, you presumably would have done before labelling yourself an alchie. Shit doesn't mess around

I'm thinking maybe I'll just grow weed. The sentences here for cultivation are insanely harsh, but this is life or death.

I can still go a week without drinking.
I always go at least 1 day sober between seshes.
Average around 3 days.

If I keep doing this, I'll be ok

That way, my hallucinations are non-booze related

Holy shit, there was just a terrorist attach on my ex gf's road in north London... Christ I hope she's not ok

Might be similar to what I had when I was a mess. Do you have piss bottles?. empty cans lying around? Might be mould from that in the air on your skin. Pretty sure that's what mine was. I got rid of it by rubbing anti bacterial soap all over my body in morning and night and obviously cleaned out my living area.

Going cold turkey today. Can't get to a doctor. Scared. Anyone wanna do it with me?

Once you get past day 3 you're mostly clear

If you see anything, it's not real.
Know that and you can control them

using milk as a chaser any of you anons do this?

i laughed

fuck that bitch

>drink 2 litres of water
>still dying from thirst
What fresh hell is this?

Help me Veeky Forums, Is there ANY flavored vodka that doesn't taste like complete shit?

I usually like my potato juice plain, but sometimes I want a casual drink to savor instead of chug that isn't just mixing 7-UP or buying some cheap party drink. I just wanted to try something new. Cookie Dough made me fucking sick to my stomach, Orange may as well contain cayenne pepper. This time I thought I'd try Strawberry Lemonade, since who doesn't like that? It's just syrupy sugar shit like everything else.

I can't say I've tasted everything in the desserts or fruits flavors, but I don't want to waste any more money on this crap than I have to, already having a bad impression of it.

Am I just a fool trying to chase the impossible?

Push it faggot

Make a saline solution that you chug first, like a small spoon per half liter, and drink half a liter of that, then begin drinking pure water.
Dont get water intoxication or hyponatrema

>Is there ANY flavored vodka that doesn't taste like complete shit?
nope, if you want good flavors, you add them yourself. Fresh citrus zest and juice is cheap and relatively easy

Got any simple recommendations aside from an orange screwdriver?

Mix a fruit salat or some shit, let the vodka infuse with the fruit tastes, filter off if needed, and mix with carbonated water to taste?

Moscow mules. Diet ginger beer, vodka, lime. Tasty, low cal and easy to get loaded.

Also la croix or flavored seltzer with vodka or gin is pretty good too. Simple syrup if you need the sweetness.

Don't know how I used to choke down anything with actual soda. Its like a booze syrup. My liver is likely already taking a beating. I don't need diabetes on top.

Clear liquor and seltzer with a lime can do you no wrong. G&T's are god tier ad well. Who needs malaria?

>Help me Veeky Forums, Is there ANY flavored vodka that doesn't taste like complete shit?
All of the flavored Svedkas I've tried tasted decent. My favorite was the pineapple mango.

Are there any decent youtubers talking about liquor?

Of all the things i hate the most about my life, it's probably the crippling loneliness and the feeling of not being understood, wanted or respected that really makes me drink. It's the only option i feel i have, with my friends having either moved away or gotten into relationships.

What if i am the root of my own problems, what if my way of interacting with people is fundamentally broken.

>tfw used to be a raging alcoholic
>now i can't drink half a beer without my heart racing, getting bad headaches, and waking up the next day with dry mouth and eyes wanting to die

>drunk
>get into argument with main girl
>other 2 girls are asleep
>bored as fuck

guess i'm gonna finish this bottle

Kind of like one of those ghetto kool-aid cocktails you see on youtube? I'll try that, thank you.

These are good too. I just wanted to stay away from turning a simple drink into a grocery list.

Unfortunately it's the Svedka lemonade I'm trying to choke down right now. I did see the pineapple mango, though. Maybe next time.

Define raging.

A recovered alcy doesn't drink half a beer.

A real alcy slams it and feels uncomfortable that there's no more and manages to come up with some excuse as to why he needs they second.

Abstinence can feel like a reset, but it also sounds like age playing its part.

>Kind of like one of those ghetto kool-aid cocktails you see on youtube? I'll try that, thank you.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but infusing vodka with something else is not as bad as one would think.
A friend of mine makes a pretty good juniper berry snapsh

No, wasn't being sarcastic, I've actually seen pitchers with fruit floating in it, I just always looked at it like some cheap party swill. I'll honestly give it a try one of these days if you swear by it being better than any manufactured flavor.

Also I'm mildly allergic to juniper berries. Gin irritates and restricts my throat a bit.

Vodka tonic is also a good option

gin tastes like licking a pine tree's asshole, so that's probably a good thing

It wasn't anything like gin though, was much less harsh, and was actually drinkable, but then again the product i got was homemade, so i have no idea about the actual strength of it

Gin is delicious, you absolute cuck.

quit lying to yourself faggot, no one thinks you're cool for drinking it besides yourself

>implying drinking beefeater is cool.

In not drinking botanical or Hendricks. Jt just taste good.

Good morning /alc/

same. with my idiot buddies. We used to use gatorade bottles because they were the biggest you could carry without attracting attention.

that little bit of camoflage color did little to disguise the rubbing all taste of papov

burnetts is like vodka light. I recommmend the watermelon or cherry. It's only 70 proof though instead of 80, but you'll drink it faster so its a trade off. cheap too.

I'm not even sure if I started drinking at 19 or 20. I can't remember what I thought about being drunk for the first time. I've been drinking every Saturday for 4 or 3 years. A whole bottle each time. First it was whiskey then I realized vodka goes down easier.

>tfw go to the liquor store
>g-good evening to the cashier
>its fucking 11AM

Would drinking copious amounts of cheap wine be a good alternative to the near-deadly level of whisky consumption that I punish myself with?

weird. i worked my way up to needing a 6 pack of 8% to get me as drunk as i want. i used to get black out drunk and feel retarded the next day from a 6 of 8% but now its just where a 6pack of 5% used to get me. the weird part is after taking a 4 month break my tolerance barely changed, and everyone kept telling me your tolerance goes down after not drinking