Fig

Fig

i want to fuck it

Fig is good when fresh.

I don't like to eat wasps.

By the time the fig is ripe enough to eat the wasp larva has already bailed. Wasp larva waste, however...

Do grocery stores sell figs? I can't remember ever seeing them.
>tfw my grandpa had a fig tree and I ate them fresh off branch
>best fucking fruit of my life

Then get a fig tree.

i saw figs at whole foods once in like september last year and haven't seen them since, either ther or any other grocery store near me. are they not typically sold in stores? they go really well with some cheese and wine

Dried figs are goat. I usually buy them in this sort of Islamic sunnah food store.

They do but they're never properly ripe since a ripe fig doesn't ship well. Also the varieties may be severely limited (probably just mission figs since they seem to be the most popular for whatever reason).

Nothing beats a perfectly ripe fig straight off the tree warm from the sun... I fucking love figs, too bad I don't have space for a tree... Grocery store figs and dried figs just aren't the same.

My grandparents had fig trees too, I would always climb around in them and eat figs during the summer as a kid.

I had a fig tree grow outside my childhood home for years. But every time the figs were about to become ripe, fucking squirrels would eat them all.

There's no fruit I'd like to try more

dried figs are terrible, especially turkish figs. best figs i ever had were from a random tree in a park no one knew about, fresh figs almost every day i went. they cut it down though, replaced it with nothing

The fig is underrated as fuck.

give this ass some wine

Be careful with fresh figs. When underripe, they're high in protease enzyme that can hurt your tongue.

>tfw you've only ever experienced these through the lens of fig Newtons
I've never seen them in stores, nor do they seem to grow very commonly in North Carolina.

Huh I like dried turkish figs it's like candy

this happened to me once with store purchased figs

get this figlet out of here

for me its the penetrative force thats the real turn off

Figs are good, but I like dates more. I can make pretty good hot cocoa with them.

Dates have a high enough sugar content that they'll get hard and brittle when dried enough, so I tried heating date slurry to candy temperature to make "healthy" candy. Didn't work because it splattered too much. Should I try again with a different setup?

Fresh figs are immeasurably better than dried. Fig Newtons are shit.

>Didn't work because it splattered too much

Lower your heat, broski. Or dehydrate them first. You need to get rid of the water otherwise it's going to splatter.

its called a fig roll and thats like eating a banana candy and basing your opinion of banana on that

The purpose of simmering syrup is to get it to a specific moisture content.