Propane, wood, or charcoal?

Propane, wood, or charcoal?

semen

wood by far

faggot

Wood > charcoal >>>>>>>>> propane

Wood but the chances to use it are few and far between.

depends for what

I cook with mesquite, make my meat taste of wood.

TASTE THE MEAT
NOT THE HEAT

Wood for flavor, propane for convenience.

Propane is for stoves. Wood is for campfires and smokers.

Charcoal is for grills.

I'd prefer propane if it weren't for the maintenance. Too many little bits that need to be maintained, can break and then need to be replaced. Charcoal is just easier in the long run.

Charcoal unless it's going to be for a lot of people. Propane in that case.

Charcoal for fuel with wood chunks for smokey flavor.

I fucking love smoked burgers.
That's all I came here to say.

what ocean

So, is he chinese or japanese?

This. Even with expensive stainless propane grills the burners are always wearing out. They're easy to replace, but they aren't cheap. Then you have to make sure the tank has enough fuel and if not go get screwed by the unregulated propane jew.

Propane is dispensed by weight where I get it.
It's not hard to see if they are jipping you.

You are missing the point. The point is that in some areas there is only one propane supplier, which means they can charge sky-high prices due to a lack of competition. It's not that they are charging you for some amount but giving you less, but rather that their price per lb is unusually high.

It's agreed upon before I purchase. So no jipping or surprises here. At 12 bucks a fill it's not expensive. I guess if you choose to live where you live then suck up the prices, you can always move if propane prices are important to you.

Nobody mentioned electric grills?
I guess they're not very popular in the anglo countries.

When cooking remotely or in large roasts, charcoal simply because it's lighter, safer and cheaper than propane.

>Nobody mentioned electric grills?
That's because they suck. They have a much lower heat output than charcoal or even gas does.

Wood.

Meat has very little flavor on its own. That is why seasonings and marinades were invented. The best you can hope for is a very bloody piece of meat that has its juices and stuff goes through a good amount of Maillard reaction. Still, that is basically the vanilla ice cream of the meat world.

Also, propane is out of favor where I live now. Most people use wood and charcoal.

Digits confirm. It takes forever for wood to brun down enough to get nearly as hot a charcoal. By then, it has lost the flavor advantage over charcoal as well. The "wood flavors" come from lower burning temperatures i.e. under ~600 degrees. Now this is fine if you are running a large smoker all the time as a business as you have wood of all temperatures in the firebox.

if i wanted to cook with gas
I would've just gotten a grill pan

"taste the meat, not the heat"

when i use propane, i definitely detect this strong gasoline-like taste.

charcoal, on the other-hand, tastes very clean.

did hank like?