Gin Tonic

I got one of these served to me yestarday and it looked really easy to make, anyone here got any experince with it?

I think you'd best leave that stuff to the pros, man.

Isn't it just gin + tonic and decore, how hard could it be?

Just hold your glass under an alien while it's laying its eggs. Wa la, master bartender.

You might end up with mustard gas if you mix it wrong, better safe than sorry

I belive those were just currants.

Wouldn't that only happen if I tried brewing it myself? I were rather wondering what gin goes with which tonic or if I could just mix anything.

juniper would make sense

Arn't all Juniper black? The berry's I had were red.

>ice glass
>squirt a slice of lime and drop it in
>gin
>tonic
not fukken hard m8

I would never trust myself with making one. Too much tonic or gin and you have to dump the whole batch. Not worth it.

Immature juniper berries are green. Mature ones are a very dark purple/blue, almost black in color.

>Making such a dangerous drink without training
I know a kid I used to go to culinary with tried making a gin and tonic in class and we had to evac the entire building

It's literally two ingredients, my guy. Might end up making it strong but whatever. I drink them all the time. I get lime flavored tonic water but that's just my preference. Vodka tonic is good too if you don't like gin flavor.

Thanks my man, what is good gin to buy as a beginner. I'd rather have something good than something cheap.

Bombay Sapphire is good, not too expensive and available pretty much anywhere.
Plus the bottle looks neat.

Why not good and cheap?

>not just drinking gin on the rocks
Enjoy the excess calories fatties.

who would dillute precious gin with water?
if you wanna drink something cold, than drink a cocktail

Man, even when tasting gin you're supposed to ad some water, it isn't meant to be consumed pure.

no

Holy fuck get hendricks, The gold standard ~$30 bottle of gin imo

always bombay

also, it depends on the size and quality but next time try lemon instead of lime. interesting minor taste switch that works better during the day imo

>when tasting gin you're supposed to ad some water
Are you actually supposed to do this? Also, does anything else go good with gin other than tonic or juice?

How old are you?

Gin and tonic is truly patrician /sip/kino.

>what is good gin to buy as a beginner
Beefeater.

I will recommend Bombay Sapphire East. They make it specifically because American Tonic Water is sweeter than British.

Also, if you want to get fancy, take a slice of lime peel, pinch it to release the oils in the skin, and rub the inside of the class first. Then add the ice, gin, tonic water, and garnish.

Club soda. Gin Rickey is GOAT cocktail.

>Are you actually supposed to do this?
most hard liquors you're supposed to add a few drops of water if you really want to taste it. The water helps the flavor open up, as it were. Especially true with anything over 100 proof

22, and I wasn't the type to go out to much untill recently.

I shake mine in a shaker with frozen strawberries instead of ice and serve it with a fresh slice of lime. Definitely beats most bars

Vermouth and olives

Tanqueray is better than Bombay and Beefeater, Hendrick's is barely gin, and New Amsterdam is poverty tier.

Tanqueray a best gin.

This is the best gin I've ever had. But in the budget range I'd hit up the Bombay most often.

Be sure not to use a tonic that's too sweet as that undermines the refreshing bitterness of the drink. Worst comes to the worst, dilute shit tonic with some good sparkling water and add a pinch of salt.

As for garnish, the cucumber and mint or cucumber and lime combos are the best.