British Food

Why is British cuisine considered shit and primitive?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3067455.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=1gnaIfIVxYA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty
youtu.be/Bop4rr6sUQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yorkshire puddings with gravy are fucking good shit.

My english grandma made the fluffiest fucking puds. I wish she still cooked.

Because it is, I live in Britain and I don't remember the last time I had a meal that originated in Britain. It's not necessarily a bad thing, we have almost every cuisine easily available in England.

Cornish Pasties are amazing too. With flakey pastry and homemade or bought in Cornwall.

Because it actually is shit and primitive. It all comes down to one simple fact. British "people" are subhumans. They are intellectually incapable of producing great food.
"B-but muh Sunday roast!" Yeah it's ok. It's a dish that is a standard staple in every other cuisine in Europe.
"B-but we invented lasagna!" No you didn't. It's not lasagna when there's no meat or tomatoes involved.

My grandma's from norwich. Are they known for anything in particular?

whores

> "subhuman brits" written on computer
> brits invented the computer

its just random things heated up and thrown on a plate
no creativity or development of flavours what soever

>"B-but we invented lasagna!" No you didn't. It's not lasagna when there's no meat or tomatoes involved.
u wot

What do the british consider to be lasagne then?

no wonder grandma was so popular with the american air force pilots during the war. That seriously happened according to her brother. He told me she single handedly kept up the morale of the 40th airborne (or something). He was a funny cunt.

Terrible football club,

good food is better than sex when you're hungry

women weren't sluts back then so she probably didn't get fucked by them all, especially since people in the air force are nerds

Because people think british cuisine is the same as post war rationing britain. This discounts the fact that actually we have adopted cusine from all over the world and adapted it to our tastes.

People undoubtably are going to say, but mexican and indian cuisine is mot british. To that i say is this authentic stuff like you'd find in mexico and india or is t our version. Invariably it is not authentic.

The other argument made is that these ingredients are not british and therefor it is not british. To which is say, chilli peppers are native to south america but are commonly associated with oriental food. Pepper corns are natively oriental but are used worldwide.

The argument that british food is either shit or is not british is fundamentally flawed logic.

This is irrefutable fact but please meme all you want, i'm sure your musings on a vietnamese basketweaving forum are a satisfactory retort in your mind.

lololol

You are still getting your food rationed! Did you get your lettuce ration yet, Nigel?

You mean soccer.

You mean women generally weren't sluts. She and my grandpa weren't together at that point so I can definitely believe she took her fair share of yank sausage. I don't blame her, I'm sure there were plenty of dashing pilots. She didn't deny the claims either.

Would like to try more dishes from history tbph

Spanish incompetence is somehow Britains fault.

Wew lad.

Yes, because the rest of us civilized people in Europe somehow had lettuce all the time.

It's only in your non-country that food somehow has to be rationed again and again.

Ah, so you're the non-country of Belgium,. Your obsession makes sense now.

Nope. Not Belgium thankfully.

Civilised.

Britain is the only civilised country in Europe.

lolololo

Things Britain clearly is not:
- civilized;
- a country (Scotland and Wales secession now!);
- European.

>2 posts in and the shitposting starts
You're slipping.

He's a yank larping. Just search his images. Many such cases, very sad.

Because most of people eat different and much simpler foods.
Brit cuisine's not for pussies.

Alan Partridge

The best mustard in the world

doesn't look too bad, you can toss those vegetables in the channel though.

the meat looks nasty

feed it to the dog

I don't doubt that there is good british food out there, but British people have shit taste on average. I mean, come the fuck on, look at the picture you just posted. The meat is overcooked, the vegetables look soggy and tasteless and I can almost see the store-bought gravy and excessive salt. The only times I've enjoyed my meals whenever I've been to the UK was when I went to foreign restaurants. Otherwise it's always the same sickening gravy over everything, the sorry sinewy fried sausages and boiled vegetables...

> thinks food needs to look good to taste good

Actually, visual appeal is a massive part of enjoying a meal. There's been a lot of studies into this; google it.

Also, user didn't seem to be complaining about appearance for its own sake, but was describing how the meal looks poorly cooked. This can be identified by visual clues.

Not necessarily but if it looks like an overcooked steak and boiled vegetables, chances are it's an overcooked steak and boiled vegetables, and no self-respecting human would think they taste good. Bad steak is unmistakable, and the one in that picture looks tough as fuck

It's not in our national character to be good at cooking. We like education, a strong navy, public healthcare, stuff like that. Yeah our food's wank but we have other priorities.

>iceberg

Nothing of value was lost

Does this awful board actually moderators?

It's not steak, user. It's roast beef.
But yeah, it looks overcooked as fuck.

> visual appeal is a massive part of enjoying a meal
well in britain we only care about actual taste not placebo bullshit because we aren't weak minded faggots like the rest of the world

>well in britain we only care about actual taste

Then why are you are overcooking your roast beef and veggies?

British food has an image problem, it's all unappealing to look at. The only thing that look reasonably good are pies and beef wellingtons.

Hurry up with the brexit, implosion and fade to obscurity already. You've reached irrelevance, now go the distance. A Europe (and world) without bongs is a better one.
Scottbros can stay. They're pretty cool guys.

ha, there are 5 million scots compared with 60 million english. they have no rights to claim the amount of land they do with that population.

brexit is the beginning of the end for the EU. China and USA are going to rape you economically until you're ackknowledged as being the non-entity that you already are

The EU is bullshit and gains no one, hopefully Brexit will inspire the rest of the fools to leave.
Also, EU =/= Europe.

>they have no rights to claim the amount of land they do with that population
but that's not how nations work faggot

no, he said and means football as football is the sport played there. don't confuse it with american football though which shouldn't even have the word "football" in it

Might makes right is how nations work, and like it or not the English have persistently and eternally BTFO of the Scots.

Scotland as a country is absolutely cucked beyond belief.

HI PEEEEPOH

Toast sandwiches lmao

seriously, what is wrong with those island monkeys?

Why is she cooking rawhide on the rack of her oven?

I think those are steaks? This is how British folks prepare their food?

This is the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gnaIfIVxYA

ah, you mean soccer

>american football
you mean gridiron

>video called "I did A Steak"
>description: cooking
They're simple people.

>They're simple people.
All Brits are

because people are mad at how superior our food is

Oh fuck me.
Fishfinger but. Not had one of those in ages.
I think we'll need to correct that.

Two words friend: Bakewell Pudding.
You will never see a more mediocre looking food item. But it is literal ambrosia.
Nothing compares to it. Nothing.

is this the just kill me now sandwich?

>burgershart dismisses fish finger sandwich as beneath him
>happily eats a McFish
This is why you have diabetes.

>You will never see a more mediocre looking food item. But it is literal ambrosia.
>Nothing compares to it. Nothing.

This is pretty representative of brit cooking in general

>looks unappetizing
>Brits claim "b-b-but it taste better than anything ever made!"

people like you and your bland basic bitch cuisine are why your homeland is a joke, i wont even get started on your fairy tale style of government and your peaceful refugees.

bakewell tart is shit

rhubarb tart on the other hand

>Bakewell Pudding

That looks like a slice of pie, not pudding, even using retard britbongian meaning for pudding.

American comedians went to britain once, and think they're funny.
Americans are descended from gullible people, so they believe whatever the TV tells them.

>grandma made the fluffiest fucking puds
I read that as my grandma milked my filthy fucking pud.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_butty

>two pieces of bread
>mayo
>french fries
>that's it

That is considered a delicious sandwich in Britain. White people food, everyone.

The best dish in the UK is a bunch of random shit from the refrigerator and canned food dumped onto a plate.

>he doesn't know the difference between French fries and chips
Retard.

Better than american queasine, which is random shit from the garbage dumped into a pan and deep-fried in HFCS.
Or French cuisine, which is random shit from the garden thrown into a pot and boiled until the awful taste goes away.

It's not, this board is full of dumb cunts. I have never been to Britain yet somehow I know more about their food than half the Brits here incapable of defending their cuisine. But since this thread is made multiple times a day I gave up.

Would rather eat pajeet food than British food.

no difference, moron

British cuisine is bland, for some unknown reason they dislike using spices. No wonder why foreign food joints and fast foods are so popular there. I lived in England for a couple months and every market chain has an insane variety of spices, so there is no excuse. Frozen food is delicious and cheap though, but that alone can't be the sole reason.

They traditionally didn't have spices because they had other trade priorities such as exchanging tin for oils or pottery for wine, just as an example.

However the food is not bland because of their extensive use of herbs, and the knowledge of gravy and sauces brought to them early on by the French.

Some of the best herbs are actually native to Britain.

it's not a butty without butter, retard

>However the food is not bland because of their extensive use of herbs, and the knowledge of gravy and sauces brought to them early on by the French.

I actually enjoy a lot of British cooking, and I do a lot of it myself. However the idea that herbs are used extensively or that the gravy/sauces are highly developed is crap, honestly.

I kept hearing people talk about how good British cuisine used to be, but supposedly got fucked over by both world wars. So I sought out sources from before WWI. Mrs. Beeton's is a great example. It's actually shocking how few types of seasoning and how small the amounts of seasoning is in those recipes. A recipe that serves 10 people might have "a pinch of pounded mace and a teaspoon of pepper". As for variety? Not really. It's the same few seasonings used in everything. Pepper, mace, mushroom ketchup, and Harvey's Sauce easily covers the majority of it. A for the gravies: it's always render the juices from meat and thicken it with flour, add mushroom ketchup. There's hardly even a mention of using wine or reduced stock both of which are cornerstones of French sauce making.

Personally I think British cuisine has an undeserved reputation. I'm not trying to put it down at all. But honestly no, it does not rely heavily on herbs and spices. That's absurd. The Brits might have been dominating global trade for many many years, but all those spices were incredibly expensive. The very rich might have been able to afford them, but as far as general cuisine goes? Absolutely not.

>due to the Islamic holiday of ramadan we will temporarily not be selling any fruit, produce or other food goods.

You need to go back further than fucking WW1, go to pre-victorian and industrial revolution period. This is when food culture began to plummet due to an appearance of the middle class obsessed with mimicking cheaper versions of upper-class dinner parties while the working class was settled into crowded cities -- forgetting their traditional cuisines and customs for the work houses.

I had toad in the hole once and it was okay

Grandma always had such skilled hands.

>forgetting their traditional cuisines and customs for the work houses

Yeah boy, workhouses were the heyday of British cuisine.

>please sir, can I have some more

At least you've maintained that tradition intact.

You've been having some shitty sex, bruh.

hello 16 year old

if i was hungry and horny and i had the choice to satisfy one i would pick the sandwich every time

They're really good holy fuck.

First legit one I had was in a London train station on a school trip. Was the only one who dint eat McDonald's or a pre packaged sandwich that meal.

It really isn't. British sausage is fucking awful.

>British sausage is fucking awful.

how

i can understand a lot of the perceptions around our food but we have objectively good sausages.

>was thinking of making baked beans with sausage for dinner tomorrow
>find out my cans of beans I was stocking have expired
I thought this crap was supposed to last for ages.
Survival food my ass.

it's just advisory dude everything has a best before date

Too greasy, and the overall flavor for me isn't good. Personally I'm more of a Italian Sausage kind of guy

Is anyone in the UK still in game dishes?

>too greasy

italian sausages are fattier than english ones dude.

of course we still have game. i go to work as a grouse beater every season.

basically everything said itt about english food is true, if you're below middle class. the working classes just do not either get or care to experience good quality food that is british in origin. they get good food from other cultures, but not from here, apart from sausages and puddings i guess.

Mustard and a drunk cook who owns the local team.
youtu.be/Bop4rr6sUQo

Are you retarded or trolling? We're an island, lettuce smugglers would lose all their profits crossing the English channel.

But here's the thing; from my observations, native British people tend to be close-minded towards food in general. Every once a month, I go to a buffet restaurant with a surprisingly good selection of East/Southeast Asian dishes. Despite this, a good majority of the customers pick the same greasy, stodgy fare one gets in an average oriental takeout; chips, fried onion rings, fried fish, fried chicken, fried noodles, fried rice, egg foo-young, and so forth.

I'm not trying to put on airs and I don't want to generalise, but I find it a great shame that they paid good money for a table there and still couldn't buy their way out of their comfort zone. We eat what we are, I suppose.

you don't get egg foo yong in the uk, user. no one knows what it is.

idk i'm a londoner and haven't eaten a lot of chinese food outside london. i have seen people be more pleb about curry outside of london but i really don't think it's endemic in the way you're suggesting.

>you don't get egg foo yong in the uk
yes you do

>native British people tend to be close-minded

That's not only a britbong trait, I guarantee you. In the US midwest and south it's widespread. A tornado could pick up a midwest or southern couple, carry them across the atlantic and deposit them in rural England and they'd be perfectly at home. Deposit them in Siberia, they'll be cold, and deposit them in Afghanistan and they'll be dry, but they will have the same mind pattern as their newfound friends.

Unless the can has a hole it in, or is bulging, or is like fifty years past its expiration date it's fine dude