Will you actually die if you eat raw american eggs or are americans retarded?

will you actually die if you eat raw american eggs or are americans retarded?

What? Have you ever had any cake on the planet? Eggs Benedict? Mayo?

>implying im american

My fellow americans are simply retarded. We had industrialization come to this country many decades ago, and that has fucked over the cooking skills of multiple generations. People have all sorts of silly phobias now.

I've been eating raw US eggs for more than 30 years. I've never once had food poisoning. The eggs are fine. Rather it's people that freak out over the idea of eating a raw egg.

American eggs aren't even from chickens. The yolk is plastic based. Never eat American "food" because it's not food.

I've eaten raw eggs in America on numerous occasions, it's perfectly safe.

someone post that webm of the asian twink eating glass after glass of raw eggs

you're more likely to get food poisoning from vegetables. you're also probably more likely to win the lottery.

My grandmother, granted she was raised as a hardscrabble Ozark farmer, drank a raw egg mixed with OJ every morning. She lived next door to me when I was a kid and started making one for me along with hers. My paranoid brainwashed mom raised such holy hell about it that she quit giving it to me.

>mfw a woman with an 8th grade education level was more intelligent than a college educated one.

Supposedly statistically there's a somewhat higher risk of getting ill than in most other developed countries. This is because American farmers aren't required to vaccinate their chickens against salmonella so they can sometimes be contaminated that way, and the practice of washing the eggs renders the shells more permeable to outside contamination. For the most part it's fine as long as the eggs aren't old and the chain of refrigeration hasn't been broken before use. In America certain bits of Federal food safety guidelines have sunk deep into the public consciousness leading to things like squeamishness about raw eggs and extreme overcooking of pork. People don't really understand that these guidelines are meant to improve public health on an epidemiological level and that in most cases the individual risk per person in breaking them isn't that high.

Unfortunately, you don't learn common sense in school.

Salmonella comes mostly from contamination from a third part like the egg touching the outer part of the shell.

If you don't crack your egg like an idiot and they're fresh you should be fine.

I don't really know anyone anymore whos afraid of raw eggs in dishes. Im not in dressing for example. American eggs are washed and have their protective natural coating wiped off which is why they need to be refrigerated. Perhaps fear of improper storage while shipping or stocking and possibilities of lawsuits is where this fear came from. In japan they eat raw eggs all the time, im not sure if theirs are washed or not. Basically in america its to prevent lawsuits from elderly, young, or immune compromised people getting sick. Your chances are very low if you have a normal immune system.

nice didnt read that before I posted the above post. Agree.

1 banana
1raw egg
Enough milk to cover half of the banana in a blender.
Blend until smooth
>It's my favorite drink.

Its not the egg itself but the bacteria on the shell. The eggs are "cleaned" and mostly safe to eat, cases of salmonella are rare but have happened to point to raw eggs simply bc the lack of heat killing it. Although I am American I can answer whole heatedly that yes, Americans are indeed retarded. Eating a raw egg or mayo or meringue and being afraid is beyond retarded, but there are ppl who dont.

Meh. My family buttercream recipe uses egg whites and it never hurt anybody.

If someone wants to be super safe they could just make their raw egg dish with pasteurized eggs, though that's probably only worth it if you're running a restaurant or something where you face potential liability issues.

Given how many people eat raw cookie dough I have no doubt that egg salmonella is just a meme

I've had raw eggs in pasta dishes before and whilst I can say there is literally no point in using raw egg as the 'sauce' for these dishes because it's just slime and tasteless I never got sick and never thought i would.

It's a meme and thankfully it's pretty much abandoned by the majority of normal people.

If your mother or grandmother still worries about this she may be handicapped.

No, you won't, but Americans are still retarded for other reasons.

It's possible to get salmonella, but pretty unlikely.

Do you not bake your cakes?

>the practice of washing the eggs renders the shells more permeable to outside contamination
this

It only really causes a problem if they aren't refrigerated or there's a problem with handling during the supply chain. The lack of vaccinations is probably a bigger issue with regards salmonella in particular.

Ran out of protein powder about a year ago and ate raw eggs instead. Still here though Honestly rather eat eggs raw than cooked to save time

If you live in America then the egg will probably make you sick since American poultry and meat comes from unsanitary factories that torture animals.

If you live in a decent country and your eggs are brown,then you'll be fine.

what?

yeah thats how you get sasparilla

retarded clinton voter detected