General Purpose chef knife- blade shape

Hobbyist cutler making a couple of knives for gifts and kind of curious what cooks/chefs prefer in the overall knife shape for general duties?
Weight, balance and length are also something I can easily adjust to suit so that its usable. Funnily, haven't made a lot of generic chefs knives, most of the stuff people liked where either butchers type knives, smaller utility, skinning and paring blades, the odd boning knife and so on. Edge geometry- will be what I think is best suited for the use and materials.

Have made one Santoku in the past as a bit of an 'experiment' and while it was an excellent blade for working on vegetables, didn't quite have the nimbleness for fine work- but I'm not quite so sure that's really a requirement for a non-professional home user.
The Gyuto's you see, mostly seem to end up in the 'hybrid' bin of most kitchens, they do a bit of light butchering and general duties from what I can tell and somewhere in the middle.
European, still used most everywhere, but could it be improved or are there some areas which aren't?

Understandably nothing does all things and there's compromises- but I'm interested in what people use at home or work and what they like/hate about those particular shapes. Being the bassakwards person I am, I do design from the handle forward, rather than the blade so none of those handles in the pic are what will be on the knives.

Szechuan cooking deals with the bullshit you get with french cuisine. If you want dainty you can use a paring knife, but there's utterly no point. So in general just use a Santoku and if some twat wants to bitch, address it.

Paring knives are something I've made a lot of over the years, simply because the vast majority of mass produced ones tended to be kind of shitty and people basically leapt on them like a fat chick onto a cake.
So yep, they will be paired with a paring knife- that sort of seems to be the most a household as "basic needs" as most people don't do butchering, skinning, filleting, boning or most of that in a home kitchen at least.

And that's done with a square cleaver. Easily done with a cleaver.

Yeah I guess the Cai Dao or Usuba is an option

They make better food without a cooking tip. It's probably some french fuck up.

the biggest part of me is glad you have figured this out. You're so on top of why your knives are ruining your food. I love youall.

The european is a french chef's knife, german ones are different.

Watch Chef's Table on Netflix and change you mind about cooking entirely. Honestly, it's the best cooking show ever created.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Go watch the fucking show. Learn. Jesus Christ its like talking to kids. Best Chef's show I've ever seen. Better than Bourdain, Brown, anything. What do you want?

wish I still had my cutlery licence so I could get a knife that big

Did you watch The mind of a chef, it's not as good as Chef's Table. You're not really a foodie, are you?

Did you get bootyblasted in an argument in another thread? Are you the guy who's been crapflooding the coffee threads with something about $500 grinders? Seek help. Btw I saw several episodes of chef's table and it's garbage.

I'm actually not, but when you guy a burr grinder it will probably cost from 250 to 500 bucks. Who the are you and what trailer should I referr your correspondence. This is the grinder I own, and it's not a ceramic grinder. You don't know any of this because your life doesn't involve good food or drink. We get that now.

You thought Chef's Table was garbage? Are you living in a trailer?

You live in your family's house, don't you?

>breville grinder
disgusting. you must be australian. don't talk to me until you have something actually made for coffee and not whatever it is you ''''people''''' drink.

Someone link me to the thread please, looks like I missed some delicious drama

You really are this dull. Tell your mom she fucked up. Tell her you're not normal.

It's a child dealing with adulthood. Don't make it a thing.

Ok warosu is showing nothing on this topic within the last 7 days other than this actual thread, so it looks like we just have a case of mental illness. The "double replies to each post" habit reminds me of that guy who used to shitpost about the gays on Christopher Street and carbon taxes, is that you?