Drumsticks

What can I do with chicken legs? I've baked them and that's great but I'm bored with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZvx-ETQpcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you can do anything you want with them cuck

Finally, a stock photo of raw chicken without a leaf garnish. Whomever took this photo had some god damn sense at least.

Use them for all the things you might use any other cut of chicken.

Grill 'em, pan fry 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

You could also deep fry them. Poach and shred them for making chicken salad, tacos, etc. Bone them out, stuff, and make a ballatine.

braise them

make a sauce with some dry white wine and chicken stock or something

Maybe try different sauces and marinades. Baked with nandos extra hot is my current favourite way to cook drumsticks

Toss em with a little baking powder and make oven buffalo drumsticks

curry

This.

Cut off the ends of all the drumsticks (the bone bit that sticks out without meat but has that cartilage cap), make a bit of stock with that and some veggies and aromatics, and braise it in the stock you just made and some dry white.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZvx-ETQpcc

adobo

skin them and boil. feed to dog

Mix up some olive oil, lemon juice, and some fresh chopped parsley, and marinade them in that for a bit. Then pop them on the grill and put some more of the marinade on them as they cook.

I boiled them and after letting them cool a bit, I pulled off the meat and made a chicken salad. It wasn't so bad.

You can put goofy wiggle eyes on them and have a chicken drumstick puppet show.

Make giant chicken wings.

My grandfather used to put these in a crockpot all day with a mixture of water, soy sauce, and BBQ sauce. Shit was nasty.

this

>marinade in pickle brine for 24 hours
>marinade in buttermilk for 24 hours
>season and coat in flour
>eggwash and bread crumbs
>deep fry in pure lard
>mix some melted butter and hot sauce and pour it on the drumsticks

Chicken Tagine with Moroccan Cous Cous

1 1/4 t paprika
1/2 t ground cumin and ground ginger
1/4 t cayenne, coriander, cinnamon

3 strips Lemon Zest (2” x 3/4”)
3 T Fresh lemon juice
5 cloves Garlic, minced

4-6 Dark meat pieces

1 T Neutral Oil
1 C Onion, sliced
2 C Chicken Stock
1 T Honey
2 Carrots, cut into 1/2” thick half moons
1 C Olives, halved
2 T Fresh Cilantro

Combine spices in small bowl and set aside. Mince 1 strip lemon zest; com-bine with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and mince together until reduced to fine paste; set aside.

Season both sides of chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in medium sauce pot over medium-high heat until beginning to smoke. Sear both sides of chicken pieces skin side down in single layer until deep golden. Transfer chicken to large plate and cover to keep warm. Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot.

Add onion and 2 remaining lemon zest strips to pot and cook, stirring occa-sionally, until onions have browned at edges but still retain shape, (add 1 ta-blespoon water if pan gets too dark). Add remaining 4 teaspoons garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices and cook, stirring constantly, until darkened and very fragrant. Stir in stock and honey, scraping bottom of pot with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Add chicken with all juices, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add carrots and olives and simmer until liquid has thickened and carrots are tender. Add garlic-zest mixture, cilantro, and lemon juice to taste. adjust sea-soning with salt and pepper and serve over cous cous.