Regarding this whole "hottest sauce in the world" and all that shit, which do you think is the hottest...

Regarding this whole "hottest sauce in the world" and all that shit, which do you think is the hottest? And what is your most horrible experience with any of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resiniferatoxin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hottest I've had was the daves ghost pepper one. ive almost ruined a couple things with it. I still really like it I just have to be careful. came real close to not being able to eat some pan fried udon I made because I thought I could take more than I could.shits just too hot. I do like that the flavor is just as volatile as the heat though. means I can put just a tiny bit and still taste it.

>which do you think is the hottest?

That's not a matter of opinion; rather it's a known fact. Blair's 16 million reserve.

As for other sauces the heat level is documented. It's simply a matter of looking it up. scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale/

Personally I think anything hotter than roughly 1 million SHU is void of any sort of practicality, unless you want to add flavorless heat to huge batches of food.

pure pepper extract will always be the hottest

Trying to make the hottest hot sauce completely misses the point of hot sauce. It's not supposed to be a test of pain tolerance or endurance, it's supposed to add a flavorful kick to food. These types of sauces end up being disgusting crap that no one actually wants to put on their food, because the autismos that make them are more concerned with maximizing heat than they are with making the sauce taste good. The end result is a bottle of pure fucking cancer in sauce form. They should really quit trying to prove they're macho tough guys by eating shity hot sauce, no one is actually impressed by it. God this bullshit triggers my autism so hard.

>it's supposed to add a flavorful kick to food.
I agree with that 100%. But like anything else, people have a drive to take things to extremes.

Mountain climbing is supposed to be a fun way to enjoy the outdoors, yet people kill themselves trying to climb the highest ones. Automobiles are supposed to transport people and goods from place to place, yet we compete to see just how fast we can drive them. Beer is supposed to be an enjoyable beverage, yet some people compete to see who can cram the most hops into a brew. And so on.

>> no one is actually impressed by it.
Chiliheads are.

As someone who likes hot food I can assure you that these sauces each have their own unique flavor behind the wall of ass burning heat. But unless you are someone who routinely eats spicy foods you will never taste the true flavor of these sauces because you can't handle the heat.

You sound mad because you cant handle the hot stuff and therefore cant enjoy the plethora of unique tasting sauces.

I learned how some chillies have different ways of burning your tongue. Like how ghost pepper isn't that bad at first but creeps up and kicks your ass after a while.

Scorpion pepper just dropkicks you in the face.

Someone said 1 million is the limit of our tastebuds. Anything beyond that is just pure pain.

Here's your (you)s.

here. I agree compltely that a lot of hot sauces have fantastic flavor and you need a certain level of tolerance so you can pick up that flavor over the heat. Same applies to cuisines that are spicy like Thai, Indian, etc. But I also think there's a level that passes well beyond "hot but flavorful" and instead enters the realm of absurdity. For example, the Blair's AM sauces.

>Blair's reserve stuff
Those alongside the pepper extracts are for increasing the heat of your food without changing it's flavor. A typical hot sauce has vinegar.

That's backwards

I dunno, that's just me I guess.

Daves is nice to put in stuff to make it hotter

>That's not a matter of opinion; rather it's a known fact. Blair's 16 million reserve.

Pffft, that's fag shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resiniferatoxin

got some daves insanity sauce in my eye once. Was truly terrible. 0/10 would not recommend

Anything with cayenne is usually pretty great. Cayenne embodies the spirit of hotsauce. It really tastes great, not just hot. Habanero on the other hand is shit and used in meme foods. It's very hot, but tastes bitter and lends nothing to the flavor of the food.
like this guy said, it's not about making things stupid hot

I had some ghost pepper sauce from BW3 a while back, got it in my eye at 1 point, wasn't that bad.
a friend of mine dared me to drink a shot of it for 20$. Yeah any logical person could guess what came next, though going down and coming out wasn't that bad but for someone with chronic stomach ache problems I truly wanted to die.

Dave's is shit, just shit. There is sauce just as hot(if not hotter) as it and doesn't ruin the flavor. Pic related. Green Ghost hotsauce is also scoville hotter and does not ruin the flavor.

Dave's is shit all around

Crazy. I grow both of those each summer and use them in different meals. Ghost usually has me reaching for the milk right away if I use too much. Scorpion won't hit me until after I've added some more heat to the pot.

There was one time I used way too much scorpion pepper sauce in my cup ramen. Despite scraping about half away I ran for the fridge immidiately for yoghurt.

Hey man, do you think Dave's is shit? Or not?

this is the perfect mix of really fucking hot and really tasty

I use to put that on my eggs. I've also ruined a few dishes with it. I was adding it to a sauce while I was drunk cooking and the bottle was almost empty so it came out as a stream instead of as drops. I could barely eat it.

That sauce is delicious though and the flavor is really potent. It's probably my favorite hot sauce.

This is the hottest I've tried.
800,000 scoviles.
Had it for 7 months, used it at least 3 times a week... barely even got past the neck of the bottle.
The hottest in the world is something stupid like 14,000,000 scoviles.

This topic is brought up almost daily. Is it new anons posting or what?

>daily
An exaggeration. Weekly perhaps. You're just buttcranky because a few of your fast food threads aren't on page one any longer and your self-worth is starting to leak a bit.

Taco Bell hot sauce. Not fire, but plain hot. It's not very spicy but it had tremendous flavor.

We recycle topics constantly. This happens on every board. This is not that bad of a topic to be repeated.

I've almost ruined things still fully aware of how hot it is. keeps taking my by surprise. it is a really good sauce though, probably my favorite to cook with. more than sriracha for sure.

Hot sauce is great.
It's great for losing weight.
It's great for enjoying eating more.
It's great for depression.
It's a great way to break the ice with people.

I just went through my second bottle of this stuff and have nothing but good things to say. Huge value. Huge flavor.

Sometimes I'll go a little while without adding it to my food but when I always come back I'm just baffled that I ever stopped. It makes eating so much more enjoyable.

the hot is definitely the best. fire is spicier but it tastes kind of bizarre. that being said id never eat that on like wings or something.

Add 1 table spoon of Resiniferatoxin found in Resin Spurge.
Mix with water, and some salt to taste.

Add one drop to whatever then die.

This shit is at 16,000,000,000 on the scoville scale, all other hot sauces can fuck right off, and if you don't survive this then you're a pussy.

This has been one of my favorites for the past couple of years. I go through a bottle about every 6 months.

What sucks is stuff like daves scorpion sauce has a truly great flavor but you'll never actually be able to add enough to your food to be able to taste it without going to the ER later

I'm pretty sure mace is 1-2million so I bet that wasn't very fun

Would love to try their Mega death sauce but it's out of stock everywhere for the past months

Most of their Death sauces have been out of stock for several months up until about a month ago. Mega and the others can be ordered directly from Blair's right now, but from nowhere else. Who knows why they stopped manufacturing for so long and then now aren't distributing it to their usual retailers.

what kind of asshole uses a sauce like that? Do all of you people have truck nuts? You're a fucking human embarrassment.

I was a hotsauce head when I lived in a dorm and ate the shitty Aramark-managed dorm food my first two years of college. The rich kids had their food co-ops and lived in quaint converted mansions where they got to control their own food. The financial aid kids like me ate grey goo and lived in giant communist style blocks.

No matter what they served it always came out tasting awful and bland.

Dumping novelty prank hot sauces all over the food was the only way to keep myself from going insane.

>he enjoys an extreme flavor
>what a loser!!!!!!!
are you just jealous or what?
do you get uncomfortable when you hear the word "jalapeno"?

Some of Dave's hot sauces are terrible and have a chemical taste from the extract used.

The hottest sauce I tried was 2.5 million, it wasn't as spicy(like perceived pain/heat on my tongue) as I was expecting but the stomach cramps pretty much stopped me in my tracks for ~20 minutes. Now I've been all about flavorful sauces, pic related is my current favorite. The ghost pepper sauce is alright, habanero is great.

sweet and taste like shit lol some kid suggested this to my wife and I threw it out after tasting it. garbage

If you buy something with a skull on it, toss it out the window and by a 12 pack of truck nuts because that's the kind of asshole you are.

Capsaicin doesn't have a taste, it's just a lingual trigger. Try finding a sauce that tastes good.

I've had some ghost pepper sauces that were very good. But you have to accept the heat before you can taste the flavor.

That's not a hot sauce you toilet-clogging queer.

>Cayenne embodies the spirit of hotsauce

I disagree with that. Cayenne is my go-to whenever I want to add heat to a dish but not change its flavor. Cayenne isn't particularly hot, but it also doesn't taste of much either.

Habaneros on the other hand--I do agree that they get overused, but they have a nice citrusy taste that goes great with seafood or pork. IMHO the problem is that people dump them into anything simply for heat (they are the hottest of the commonly available peppers), rather than using them in dishes where the citrusy sweetness is a good match. Making Jerk Chicken or a seafood stirfry? Habaneros are great for that. Making a rich savory dish like chili? Not a good match.

This is by far the best I've ever tried in terms of heat and flavour.
You don't expect something so hot to taste SO nice! You can genuinely get all the smokey flavours as well as the intense heat.

On Amazon UK you can still get all the Blair's hot sauces but they've tripled the price of them.
I bought mine for £10... a week later they put the prices of all of them up to £29.50, so I'm glad I got mine when I did because I would never pay more than a tenner for a bottle of hot sauce.

>Have satans blood(800.000SHU extract)
>Have 455ml sriracha bottle
>Sriracha could be a bit hotter
>ad one drop of satans blood to the bottle and shake furiously for minutes
>All the satand blood stated in the tiny nozzle part and thus wouldnt really mix with the çha
>Put on burger
>"why is so dark?"(satans blood is like back-red)

Enjoy Scorching anus a few hours later.

>It's a great way to break the ice with people.

Yeah I always bring a bottle of Daves on a first date

I read that Resiniferatoxin is so strong that the receptors on your tongue that taste capsaicin would be destroyed instantly and you wouldn't taste anything

That could just be a meme though so don't take my word for it

Gay. I only eat the hottest and it's blazin sauce by BWW. I run out every 2 weeks btw.

This whole post is wrong. Habanero and other Chinense strains are among the most flavorful of all peppers. Lightly grilling them makes the flavor and heat come out.

Are you Sean Evans from Hot Ones?

>£29.50 for a hot sauce

I'll pass for now

Yeah, that thing destroys your pain receptors permanently.

Yeah it's good but not almost £30 good.