Holy Crap

Holy Crap

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Glycerin-Vegetable-Kosher-USP-Quart/dp/B004C7MTLA/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492230038&sr=8-5&keywords=vegetable glycerine
amazon.com/Cuisine-Tech-Cremodan-Cream-Stabilizer/dp/B00348H34G/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495224862&sr=8-1&keywords=cremodan
delish.com/food/a52752/halo-top-ice-cream-diet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know right? If I could afford it I'd probably eat 2-4 pints of birthday cake a day.

I've seen people talking about how great it was, but I've tried other low-cal shit that was garbage and had no flavor at all (pic) so I just blew it off until I got some today for the hell of it.

Shit is fucking amazing.

Arctic Zero a shit. However, I have found pic related to be quite good. Probably the best low carb ice cream I have found

You should try the red velvet one, it's great

Thanks I will. The oatmeal cookie flavor was bomb too

Anyone ever have this? I have heard good things but I can't find it in Georgia at Kroger or Publix. I love Halo Top. Pistachio is GOAT.

>Arctic Zero
Shit is fucking nasty
I remember being so apprehensive to trying Halo Top after remembering Arctic Zero

More like, literally crap.

ITT the same viral marketing fag talking to himself

This shit sucks ass. The flavor is mediocre at best and the texture is fucking terrible. It's like eating fake shaved ice

I don't understand. You can see how many posters have posted in the thread

For me, it's Breyer's. The best ice cream brand. I love all of the flavors especially with the one with Snicker's bars inside of them.

Nah man, obviously we're all constantly changing IPs to better shill ice cream on fucking Veeky Forums of all places

>fat free
Sounds awful. I remember trying a coconut-based ice cream that I thought would be okay, but they used coconut milk instead of cream, and thickeners. Either to cut down on the fat and say it was healthier or to cut down on cost. It was somehow both thin and thick at the same time, it was unpleasant. I'd rather eat a smaller portion of good ice cream than a bigger portion of bad ice cream.

or you could make your own low carb low cal ice cream and not have it taste like shit

yeah but i dont wanna do that nigga

fair enough, its ez though

Is it?

Pls tell us how senpai

Breyer's isn't ice cream. It's "frozen dairy dessert". Says so on the carton. Anyway for me it's too thin and just tastes really artificial.

ye
i've posted my recipes along with pictures a few times but nobody ever cared to respond. just tell me what kinda ice cream you want and how 'healthy' you want it
to be fair gelato isn't ice cream either but i think breyers still has actual vanilla ice cream, its just their specialty ones don't have a high enough fat content to be called ice cream

recipe pls? please don't say mashed bananas

chocolate maybe with marshmallow? For as how healthy is it possible to go...maybe 60 cal per 1/4 cup?

I want lower calorie mint chip

for that low of kcal you'd have to make your own low sugar marshmallows unless you can find some in the store. but i can give you the chocolate base at least.

ingredients
484 grams nut milk of your choice, i would avoid coconut due to strong flavor
232 grams heavy cream
50g nonfat dry milk powder
57g cocoa powder of your choice
32g vegetable glycerin amazon.com/Glycerin-Vegetable-Kosher-USP-Quart/dp/B004C7MTLA/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1492230038&sr=8-5&keywords=vegetable glycerine
1 tsp cremodan 30 amazon.com/Cuisine-Tech-Cremodan-Cream-Stabilizer/dp/B00348H34G/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1495224862&sr=8-1&keywords=cremodan
28 drops liquid sucralose
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1g salt

instructions

combine milk powder, cocoa powder, salt, and cremodan mixture. blend nut milk, sucralose, glycerine then blend in the dry good mixture. add whipping cream to pan, add nut milk mixture to pan and heat to 161F for a few minutes then chill the mixture 6+ hours
Add vanilla extract before churning.

Explanation of ingredients
nut milk - lowers overall fat content and sugar saving calories
sucralose - lowers calories, adds similar sweetness but doesn't have same freezing point lowering property as sugar
vegetable glycerin - relatively low in calories and is the main replacement for sugar's FP lowering property
cremodan - stabilizer which improves overall texture and gives melt-refreeze resistance
non fat dry milk powder - replaces the milk solids lost by not using traditional milk which improves texture and stability

Not user you were talking to

Do you have any ''healthy'' recipe for a caramel ice cream?

What I mean by healthy is mostly sticking to ''natural'' ingredients and not overly reliant on sugar (I know it sounds odd to want that in caramel flavor but pls no bully).

Any ideas how to make it work?

for caramel your choices are limited to caramel flavoring or making a 'caramel' using IMO syrup.

Thank you user!!!!

>low cal 'ice cream'

Why. The deliciousness of an ice cream is directly correlated with its fat content. Just learn self control.

Self control doesn't exist for these fatasses. Even under the pretence of turning over a "new leaf", they would completely ignore the fact that artificial sweeteners can be just as detrimental to weight loss and long term health as processed carbs and fats, as long as they can use myfitnesspal to justify being able to shovel whole pints of frozen confections down their fat gullets in one sitting.

ok now im triggered boyo

how dare you

watch u gonna do bout it fatboi?

this shit gets icy as fuck. packaging says to just leave it on the counter a little bit, but all that does is make the outside melty and the core still frozen solid

I don't know anything about the ice creams these people are posting, but I see at least one says "less sugar." I'm down with that. Really sugary stuff is offputting. Cream in itself is sweet enough to me so that plus whatever gets added for flavoring etc. is great.

open another pint and use it to catch my angry tears

cause its shit ice cream senpai

Ranked What I tried:
>1. Peanut Butter Cup (hold on to your butthole)
>2. Strawberry
>3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
>4. Oatmeal Cookie
>5. Mint Chip (one of my fav usual ice cream flavors)
>6. Cookies and Cream

i work at a grocery store and these while healthy, just can't get the proper price point 5.99 a pint is rediculous. I think the company is going down our printers have been printing out free halo top pint coupons for about 30% or so of my customers . something is definitely up. I think they are either desperately trying to educate the consumer before things go south or they are trying to get rid of inventory
its powder
mocha sucks
mint is ok

I manage to sell my ice cream at $5 a pint easily, I can see people buying $6 low calorie specialty ice cream in certain markets.

Arctic Zero is aptly named. Avoid this crap.

I know you're being ironic but Breyer's a shit for the uninformed.

Coconut milk alternatives only work if it's full fat. If they're using a lot of thickeners then pass on it. So Delicious brand is guilty of this and pretty shit.
I recommend trying Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss or NadaMoo! instead.

This is the reason I don't buy Halo Top anymore. I understand that it is a "diet" food, but pricing it above premium ice cream like Ben & Jerry's is just retarded.

Is this whole calorie on the front part of the label thing something that's being pushed by the FDA?

>Ben & Jerry's
>premium
B&J is shit, dude. They've always been a gimmick brand full of mix-in's, but ever since they got bought out by Unilever they switched from natural ingredients to all the processed shit, stabilizers and thickeners. Even 7-11 makes better pints these days.

No its because most people are too stupid to read the label

delish.com/food/a52752/halo-top-ice-cream-diet/

Try the exclusive ice cream diet. You will lose weight, also the drive to eat ice cream ever again.

I hate it, it tastes like yeast for some reason to me. Even Arctic Zero is better imo. This is the GOAT, the chocolate black cherry is best

This was awful. It was aerated in some way. No substance. The Halo is awesome though because it makes an attempt to mimic real ice cream.

all ice cream is aerated

>muh calories meme
why not just not eat desserts then?

put it in a zip lock bag

pro tip if the texture is too "chalky" leave it out for a little bit and it softens ups beautifully

protip if you can't properly eat your ice cream at consumer freezer temperature it's shit ice cream.

This shit is terrible.

I was looking at that at Walmart today. Didn't really see any flavors I wanted and it was a little expensive, so I just got the store brand pistachio almond ice cream

finna tear it up

the way this works is they just whip a bunch of air into the ice cream, making it less dense and thus less "calorie dense" per volume. If you take a pint of halo top and a pint of ben and jerry's and melt them both down to a liquid, the halo top will result in less liquid than the B&J's. Next time you have halo top, take a normal spoonful and let it melt on your tongue. You'll be surprised at how little liquid it coverts to

You're not entirely right, it replaces some sugar with inulin and adds some more milk protein.