Cooking with Satan

making potato chips

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay.

I generally hate your threads, but this one has potential.

>not using a crinkle cutting tool to make waffle fries

you had one job OP

Are you going to cook them in the microwave?

Well, at least he's not deep frying in olive oil.

extra virgin olive oil. but you all already knew that

I knew it was coming. I don't know why I even said it.
Well, Satan, I suggest garlic and pepper on those chips when you pull them. Should go well with the olive taste.

doesnt EVOO burn or something? pont close

just salt.
and i dont know why everyone thinks olive oil imparts a strong taste on what it's fried in

Depends on the oil. The smoke point of EVOO can apparently vary anywhere from 320F to 405F, and most deep frying is done at 350F.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point

they are called crisps .

maybe in whatever shitty country you are in.
in the US they are called potato chips

You are called a faggot.

I like frying my taters with onions.

Kek maybe in poor countries.

made some turkey soup too

Hello, Ahmed.

How are you coping with the invasion?

Back to /pol, pls.

Yes, people from /pol/ ought go back where they came from and stick with their own kind.

I searched the catalog yesterday for "Satan" and did not get any results and it made me very sad.

I thought about making a blog post about it, but I know how that upsets the sensitive types around here.

Today the catalog returns greatness!

Long live the catalog.

Long live reddit spacing.

Long live Satan.

Were they crisp like crisps should be? Those look soggy.

wtf is reddit?

I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

they are called a shit ass pile of soggy oil and grease judging from the picture

He's obviously new to cooking and didn't know you were suppose to flick them in the grease one by one.

let me know how that works out for you in a large batch. originally i tried it that way.

>I'm fucking lazy.

>take a plate
>put a little oil on it
>put thin potato slices on it, but only one layer at a time
>a bit salt
>microwave it for ~5-10 minutes
> homemade, non-soggy potato chips

I think you could use a lightly greased baking sheet and the oven as well

thats the stupid shit you do when you dont have a deep fryer.

Why bother when the deep fryer is faster, less work, and provides a better texture?

can u make ice soup??

I have a deep fryer, but it's not that huge.
I tried it, and all I got was a soggy, greasy, with fat dripping potato-amalgam because they stick together while frying.

Also the smell of deep fried something sticks for hours

you have to move them around while they are frying, retard

can't. We only have a 20€ piece of shit with some shitty "safety automatic".
As long as it's open, it won't heat

i bought mine for $10 at a thrift store.
what cuck country do you live in?

This. That wasn't the fault of the fryer, that was operator error.

Don't overload the fryer, and keep the chips moving around while they're cooking. That way they all cook evenly.

If you just dump a bunch of chips in then the outside ones will cook but the ones in the middle of the resulting ball will be raw and soggy.

Take a guess

"Hurr, we need safety provisions for everything"
"Everything's measured in every detail"
"Our history is the worst and we are still guilty because of that"
"What could go wrong with letting thousands of illiterate, middle-aged men in?"

cant tell which euro shithole you are in. thats why i asked.

before i found this deep fryer i just used the tub and basket from another and put it directly on an induction burner.

oh wait. is your history the worst because hitler failed?

Germany. Fucking Germany.
No matter where you look, everywhere is some "jew awareness exhibition".
"Remember the 6 gorillion" is maybe just a meme on /pol/, but sad truth here.
You can't do anything fun because it's either expensive as shit or prohibited.

The local cultures are pretty nice, tho

Don't ask me. I think our history is pretty great, except the part where we lost the war and everything afterwards. The splitting in west/east-germany was a retarded thing to do

typical backwards bongs

Lol fucking doucheland.

I have a deep fryer it's literally a metal bucket with a heating element in the bottom, no controls or anything, if it's plugged in it's on lol. Also the lid is just a thin plastic thing, it would melt if it were on when heated up.

Fuck safety and shit lmao.

>fryers

Just use a dutch oven with a spider.

Fuck you satan you faggot

you have no idea how I envy countries like russia and amerika because of this shit.
If someone dies there because he's too dumb to do the thing then it's no big deal, but when someone here even gets remotely close to the possibility of dying the producer of the thing can go into insolvency

i set the oven to 300 instead of max for the bread. came out gummy

You, sir, disgust me

perfection

no, not because of the combination of whatever this is.
Looks like mortadella and mayonnaise to me which can be pretty decent, especially if you're low on time.
My problem is that you are apparently unable to bake/heat up/whatever a proper bread.
Other than that, this "Sandwich" looks pretty tasty

>bologna
Is this a meme?

mortadella ??? are you fucking blind?

I'm sorry, I was focused on the meat in the foreground. After a thorough inspection of your image, I came to the conclusion that it is indeed mortadella

you went a tad too far with the b8

I don't know much about the bread cuisine in your country, but after everything I know, mortadella and bologna seems to be the same

mortadella has cubes of pork fat. bologna does not

Friend of mine sliced up some sweet potato and baked them in the oven. Some of them were crispy but some of them were a sort of rubbery-soggy. What did he do wrong, and how can we make them all crispy via baking?

>mortadella has cubes of pork fat
what the fuck? Mortadella (at least here) looks like pic related

derr

When I was deployed with the 101st Airborne out of Fort McCulluh, deployment of multiple weapons systems teams was my specialty in the command chain.... but so was close range bologna recognition!

Sirs, I can confirm that Satan has prepared a bologna sandwich at this time. Mortadella has not been spotted in this area of operation.

Then I may excuse myself and put the blame on the german language, wich is great for naming own things, but terrible with other cultures

>Friend of mine

hahahahhaa sure.

im watching das boot rn.
looks great in 1080p
needs english subtitiles

The movie or the TV series?

If you're hardcore you'd be watching the TV series.

Srsly srs. He's also my neighbor. I think he did them in the oven at 300. I propositioned maybe trying it at 200 for a longer time, but I figured I'd get a second opinion from this thread since it's relatable.

the movie. i shall get the tv series too

there's a fucking tv series?!
since when?
I know of two books and the movie

i shall make fries now

its the uncut version. 3.5 hrs

>there's a fucking tv series?!
>since when?

They're basically the same thing, except the TV series is a lot longer. When they shot the movie they had a massive amount of footage and had to do a lot of editing when making the movie. They released the TV miniseries as sort of an "unedited" full-length version.

The original movie is 2.5 hours. The miniseries and the "original uncut version" are double that.

You're talking about the director's cut, not the uncut version. Uncut version is just under 5 hours.

>incredibly boring thread
>lame community
>name-fag attention whore

and you helped out so much, frogposting faggot

damn. i shoulda got the uncut

Fuck off frog faggot, we worship satan here.

>and i dont know why everyone thinks olive oil imparts a strong taste on what it's fried in

Because it does, unless you're using fake olive oil that has no flavour in the first place.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the oil flavouring what you're cooking, if that's what you intend. Deep frying in EVOO can be amazing with the right dishes.

>You can't do anything fun because it's either expensive as shit or prohibited.
What the fuck were you going to do?
Germany isn't that bad, people who say otherwise are usually just altright faggots trying to victimize themselves

I think in german Mortadella has a different meaning

fuck off you crooked tooth eurofaggot

You better watch what you say British faggot. Its illegal to write hateful things and speak freely in your country now.

>see a namefag thread
>expect namefag to be hated
>posts okay content
Not bad. It seems Veeky Forums has gotten less autistic. Step up your oc game Satan.

>that knife
Leave until you get your own knife/an actually decent knife. Especially if you're going to be tearing up meat with it

why would you assume its not my knife?
do you even know what kinda knife it is?

It's a pretty shitty one
That handle looks slippy and cheap, and the finger guard only benefits you if you are gripping it to chop wood or some other heavy task that requires a racket grip
steel looks beaten, not very well maintained and poor quality. Probably a decent budget knife, but not something any cook with self respect or ambition would be using

Post some better OC yourself or fuck off, cunt.

i keep it sharp and it works fine. i just throw it in the dishwasher. it was like $18

No problem I'll get some pics up in a couple of minutes once I find a camera
>mfw knife in dishwasher

Looking forward to seeing your thread with your cooking in it.
You weren't just going to take pictures of your knives after all, right?

yep. i used to buy knives with wooden handles. then switched to plastic cause they got fucked up in the dishwasher

Sorry these are the best pics I could take with my phone.
Masamoto HC I've had for a few years. Real workhorse of the prepwork I do day to day
Little drunk right now, but earlier today I put a near mirror polish on the blade bevel. I only polish off the patina with a bit of steel wool every couple of months because I don't like scratching off the paint in the etchings.
It's held up pretty well due mostly in part to the fact I don't cut too much acidic shit day in and day out. That's mostly left to the masakage petty (unpictured as I left in the kitchen) which is better for the fine cutting work we do with the tomatoes and all of that stuff.

Best pic of the polish I could get
Done on a shitty old worn out king 6000 after a handful of passes

nobody cares, faggot

>wah wah I can't afford a good knife or cook good food
>Wah wah somebody with better equipment and more skill posted something better call him a faggot that'll show him

I can afford any knife. I dont like to waste money