Is organic food a meme?

Is organic food a meme?
Do you shop at Whole Foods?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump
I'd like to hear some other opinions on this too.
What am I really paying for?

I prefer inorganic food

I like their hot bar.

I especially like their turkey tetrazzini.

Whole foods sells products that don't use extravagant chemicals. They wouldn't sell a hungry man dinner, because it's processed to hell. Also they prefer to use local farms, daries, honey, etc.

I don't feel like fucking with downtown traffic to go to Whole Foods and I'm not currently making enough money to buy everything organic. Whole milk is the only organic food I buy.

I've had everything at the hot bar and now I can't eat any of it anymore.

Their Jamaican jerk chicken pizza is godly when they have it. Best grocery store pizza ever
>dat fresh bread-like crust

For you, it's the McChicken?

Sprouts is cheaper and carries most of the same stuff.

i do sometimes but i'm basically a neet with rich parents. but fuck monsanto and big food, our food shouldn't be a topic of discussion in a roundtable meeting with businessmen. they are already getting involved in organic foods so the word "organic" has definitely loosened in its meaning. whole foods is part of the problem but at least it provides local options.

I really like cherry tomatoes. Can't lve without. Only theirs don't have skins that are tough like paper.

If I'm gonna eat raw fruits and vegetables i get them organic. Chicken too. For everything else it doesn't matter as much. Some things like rice can have a lot of arsenic in it.

No, he's saying he eats metal.

The whole foods near me has a pretty crappy mushroom selection. I went there a few months ago trying to get something a little better than the normal grocery store for a mushroom based meal. They were charging 5 bucks for regular mushrooms and had nothing unique

Gave up on that meal idea and went to Aldi's.
Literally the exact same mushroom selection in the exact same container from the same exact company. Except at Aldi they were under 2 bucks.

I go to Whole Foods if there's something I can't find at Publix, which is almost never. All their stuff is too expensive for me.

>nobody wants to touch the organic food question

One opened in my area about a year and a half ago. I went in there once to see what the fuss was about but everything is too expensive for me.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/

I was trying to imply the McChicken is made out of inorganic substances, such as metal. But ok.

I live within walking distance of one, so it's hard not to go there. My wallet hates me.

>organic food
>almost none of it is made from organs

>whole foods
>sells donuts

Organic food is in no way better than non organic. You pay more for farmers producing less. Your taste buds can't tell the difference. The health benefits are negligible. It's a meme fad that stores like whole foods sell to yuppies and the to over conscientious.

Has nobody on Veeky Forums been inside a grocery store before? Whole foods has plenty of stuff that isn't organic. The bulk grains/beans/pasta section is cheaper than pretty much anything around other than Patel's Cash & Carry with is a 2 hour round trip on the 7 train.

literally this

>everyone knows about my local irrelevant grocery chain

Shop at local rural butcher & farmers markets. They're far enough away from town to not be hit by the organic prices but are still good that type of quality.

Must be nice to afford all that organic feed

Organic food is only a half-meme. The meme is the health benefits, I've eaten conventionally grown vegetables and organically grown vegetables, while the organic might taste slightly better there isn't really much of a difference in how it makes you feel. The real benefits comes from how organic farming has less impact on the environment simply by virtue of not using pesticides and artificial fertilizers that contribute to water pollution by runoff. Organic meats tend to come from farms that raise animals the old fashioned way; grass-fed, cage-free, hormone/antibiotic-free, ect. There the difference really shows through in the final product, organic meats are simply better in quality than their conventional counterparts. I'm strongly against factory-farming of animals so this is great for me.

>sitting down to a bowl of fresh mica chips in ice cold ammonia with quartz powder sprinkled on top
Comfy eating right there.

>Is organic food a meme?
Yes
>Do you shop at Whole Foods?
Sales when?

I shop at Whole Foods and HEB Central Market because I got tired of dealing with shitty plebs in the general grocery stores.

Pretty comfy to pick up your ingredients without having to deal with a huge Mexican family buying two carts worth of garbage with their LoanStar cards

How would find one in my city (San Diego)?

Google Maps.

Just shows me grocery stores

I don't give a rat's ass about organic food but Whole Foods has better brands and a great hot bar. It's a really comfy store.

Yelp

Whole foods and Amazon linking up.
I prefer my groceries drone delivered to my doorstep thank you very much.

Mexican families are fat and pushy and loud. Theyd be just as bad as blacks if they were violent

Really stupid buy. Buying Costco makes more sense since Costco is more international than Whole foods.

Retail locations isn't as important to them as branding right now.

There's a reason they're buying whole foods, not some other chain.

It is, it's largely a marketing buzzword they use nowadays that you have to pay for the privilege to use. A lot of the best organic produce here can't even be labelled as such because the farmers can't afford to partake in that shit without making it unaffordable. It should be a virtue not a medal you get to use for social brownie points

But are you ready for the next produce meme? Biological farming is the next trend, mark my words. It ties hand in hand with organic but it's actually done right. I'm sure the same fuckers that ruined organic food for the average folk are just gonna do the same for it too though.

No I dont shop at whole foods though because I'm not a murican.

I used to just go at off hours, my favorite local grocery store used to be 24/7 so I could go early before work or late at night when those lazy fat fucks are elsewhere.

>Is organic food a meme?
Depends on whether or not you think pesticide exposure is a meme. Plenty of studies have been done that measure the levels of various pesticides found in people's bodies on a normal diet and after switching to a organic diet and in nearly every case, eating organic caused a significant drop in pesticide levels.

Occasionally, mainly because they're the only place I can find organic hot peppers. They tend to have a good variety of fermented hippie drinks too - kefir, kombucha, etc.

>Really like the food they make their
>Found out Whole Foods has a fucking bar attached to it
>Closest one is in a location that's very inconvenient and has shit parking

>Bel Air
>HOW COME HE DON'T WANT ME MAN

>Trader Joe's>Whole Foods

>organic foods taste slightly better
That's a lie though

lol no
I live in poor rural America, my nearest whole foods is 120 miles away

organic food tastes infinitely better and probably is better for you than gmo and pesticide sprayed shit.

Kefir and kombucha are sold at my local Kroger.
Huge organic selection here; a quarter of the store stocks it. It's in an upscale area though.
Is this not normal?

Don't be dense, son. I didn't say I couldn't find organic anywhere else, I said that I couldn't find organic hot peppers anywhere else. I didn't say that no other stores in my area sell kefir or kombucha, I said that WF has a wider selection than other stores.

This is like if I said, "I visit a beer and wine shop occasionally because they carry some hard to find brands" and you came along three hours later to say, "My local Kroger carries a wide selection of beer and wine, is this not normal?"

Fag. Shove those organic hot peppers up your organic ass.

I eat organic/locally grown mostly. But I do not shop at whole foods. It is a rip off for pretentious hipster fuckers. Yeah I really want to pay $8 for a scoop of mashed potatoes, small piece of dry chicken and some vegetables from the stupid buffet bar. Fuck that. The food is just shit more than half the time.

I do produce at a grocery store. One day, bought some organic red potatoes at my work for dinner. Realized later on I needed more. Went to Giant, picked up a few more.

The organic ones were a deeper yellow inside, cooked more evenly, had less of the syrupy starcheyness that those jolly green giant potatoes get. It's not really a meme.

Also google what happens when you consume too much glyphosate & atrazine if you want to know what you're avoiding health-wise when you buy organic.

Everything is a meme, you stupid retard.