Why doesn't Tyson food service just call these what they are: taquitos

Why doesn't Tyson food service just call these what they are: taquitos.

That's cultural appropriation

Because that isn't a tortilla filled with breakfast foods.

Taquitos aren't filled with breakfast foods; they're filled with meat product

it's trademarked by mexico

Because a lot of the people they sell them to have a prejudice against Mexicans, and thus things Mexican. Same way Pizza Hut turned rednecks on to pizza by playing down the Italian origin of it. And countless restaurants serving Levantine (Lebanon/Syrian/Palestinian/Israeli) food call themselves Mediterranean. And Frankfurters became hot dogs.

Because they can't trademark "taquitos".

that's the most retarded thing i read. i bet you're a reddit transplant, you daft faggot.

Holy shit this guy is fucking stupid.

Nobody cares where their pizza came from as long as its good, you tranny faggot.

This. Tyson products are developed for stores like walmart, fastfood conglomerates and the kind of troglodytes who patronize those establishments. Those kinds of people are frightened by and suspicious of foreign sounding words. Add in the association with mexico because of the "taq" and "ito" sounds and they'll rot on the shelves.

I've never seen chili crispitos outside of a public school cafeteria. Also, how is "chili crispito" any less Mexican sounding than "taquito?" I think is right.

Yeah, and you're retarded California.

Same we had these, a lot of kids thought they were weird so I would end up eating 4 or 5, really good days.

Because they're flautas?

They're actually ShiTacos

/trv/ here. It's sad but these 2 guys are right. The average white trash piece of shit is terrified of anything that's slightly foreign-sounding and will refuse to eat it. They also hate trying new things when it comes to food to. I grew up in a super redneck white trash town and people considered the town's shitty chinese take-out to be "fine dining" because it was foreign and exotic.

I wouldn't characterize it like that, but the fact is these products are aimed at poor, usually poorly educated people. While it's wrong to categorize them all as dumb and trashy it is wise to adjust your marketing to take into account the fact that some of them are xenophobic.

José Olé calls them what they are, and they taste better than they have any right to.

There's no real difference, just two different words for the same thing from different regions.

holy kek, is reddit down or something?

It's just basic marketing. If your target demographic doesn't feel so positive about foreigners and the product has a foreign name you make up a new one. That's why hot dogs are all American, and no one calls them frankfurters anymore. Increasingly you see the "ham" disappearing from hamburgers as well, because burger sounds less foreign. Foreign sounding words only work with the crowd that sees the word "imported" as a mark of quality.

Corn version is vastly superior to the flour version.