Vegetarian

>vegetarian
>not very active
>still eating eggs and cheese, drinking milk, don't really have any cravings for anything
>start exercising more
>after exercise intensity increases salivate at the thought of red meat and the taste of iron and keep thinking about it
>every vegetarian/vegan discussing this says to eat more beans, nuts, and leafy greens
>i already eat a decent amount of those foods
>remember a few years ago i got the same cravings once i started exercising more on a vegetarian diet

I really feel bad about animals being mistreated in factory farms, their poor quality of life, food waste, etc. and I really want lab-grown meat to be available in stores, but I'm not sure if it's affecting my health to not eat something that I'm craving.

Iktf, I can't really exercise without dead animals in my body either.

if you're worried about the ethics of factory farming, think about getting some wild seafood, game and game birds on your plate

Fuck the animals. Who gives a fucking shit. Its not you on the farm. Stop being a fucking faggot.

I'm poor but I guess if I'm only going to eat meat once in a while I can afford to buy the better stuff instead of having cheap meat more often.

I don't think that's a proper way to think about it, since buying the food supports what's happening. Even though eating meat might be necessary that doesn't mean it's okay for animals to suffer unnecessarily.

take iron supplements or your hair is going to start falling out no joke

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

Eat it every now and then as a treat. My friend does this and is still vegetarian as far as anyone's concerned. You don't HAVE to go all or nothing, ya know.

I don't think I'm lacking it that much, since I don't seem to have any symptoms of iron deficiency except the cravings. Dunno if it would get worse though.

Yeah I'm thinking that's what's best. I just figured if I felt fine for so long without having any meat there was no reason for me to start eating it again.

Solution: Hunt for your meat. The animal lives its entire life in its natural habitat, eating whatever it wants, living with whomever it chooses, etc. One day, it's nibbling on some greens, it hears a POP sound in the distance and then everything instantly goes dark because it got shot straight through the heart.

It could also be B12. Get checked right now. Pernicious anemia cripples and kills you if untreated.

>I really feel bad about animals being mistreated in factory farms, their poor quality of life, food waste, etc. and I really want lab-grown meat to be available in stores, but I'm not sure if it's affecting my health to not eat something that I'm craving.
What the hell is up with this board and not understanding vegetarian, vegan, omivore, carnist, etc?

Vegetarian means you don't eat animal flesh. It doesn't mean anything with regard to factory farms. You can buy meat that doesn't come from factory farms.

Also as someone who is extremely active and didn't eat meat yesterday, and only had a small amount of meat the day before, you're obviously not measuring your macros. This isn't voodoo. If you aren't hitting your protein requirements you're going to have problems. Protein powder exists for people who aren't willing to autistically structure each meal around their minimums. For the most part if you're not doing something weird, you should rarely if ever need more than one scoop a day. Most days I don't bother with it at all but if I'm going to come in under 50g I'll have a scoop either before I leave for work or when I get home.

Pretty much the only way to come in under 50g is to eat pure garbage all day. Donuts and fries and shit like that. 50g is my minimum because that's what works for me. The garbage about everyone needing 190g of protein or they'll die is GNC propaganda.

>hears a POP sound in the distance and then everything instantly goes dark

t. Doesn't realize the bullet travels faster than sound.

They'd be conscious long enough to hear the gunshot. For them to not hear it, you would have to destroy the CNS, but head shots are generally not considered humane in hunting since the target is smaller, more heavily protected and a miss could rip off their lower jaw, for instance, leaving them fully capable of escaping the hunter, but being unable to eat anything, leaving them to bleed out or starve to death, whichever comes first.

not to mention subsonic ammo is used in hunting

You aren't getting enough of something still. Likely protein or iron.

However, if factory farms are your reason for not eating meat, I'd suggest you do what I've been doing for a while: eat meat infrequently (1-2 meals a week) and buy really good meat raised on good farms with good quality of life. Supplement with wild-caught seafood, particularly things like mussels and clams and such that don't really have much in the way of a nervous system.

Unless you find the killing of animals for food to be, in and of itself, unethical, then there should be very little problem with this.

Lack of empathy is a sign of autism.

A strategy some people use to stay consistent is only eating meat on the weekends. Doing this is a lot easier for many people than cutting out meat all together, but with this diet you still eat less meat so it's better than nothing.

>not using supersonic AP rounds to punch a hole clean through the deer's skull and out the other side
You haven't even lived.

If factory farming is what bothers you, look into local farmer's markets, butcher shops, or even just meats at your grocery store labeled as free range. There's a growing movement for meat that comes from more humane sources, and it's getting easier to find meat sourced from farms that treat their animals well.

Are you Hispanic? Everyone I met with this edgy attitude has been some form of Hispanic.

>t. Thinks the animal instantly dies when you shoot it in the heart

Just eat some meat
You don't have to go full on carnivore, just a steak every once a month
You know
Like a normal person

Metal.

Eat mushrooms. They're a great meat substitute. Give seitan, tofu, and tempeh a try. You can bake or fry that stuff to make it taste like meat.

Your body wants protein. At the least, have some protein shakes or just stop being a vege-bitch and start eating meat again.