Honey

Hey cu/ck/s, I wanted to kick refined sugar and store-bough sweets out of my diet for good, and I was thinking about replacing it for honey. Know any desserts or baked goods that can use it as a substitute for sugar? Or ones that use it in general.

honey is sugar. don't eat honey.
my favorite sugar substitute is walmart aspartame.

afaik, you can replace anything that uses sugar purely as a sweetener with honey. Things that require sugar structurally (like shortbread), you can't. Keep in mind honey will impart a flavor that won't necessarily compliment everything.

Also, it'll be more expensive, and you don't really benefit at all from doing the swap. A smarter move is to reduce intake.

Baklava, the Mediterranean's gift to the world.

Honey is often flavored rice syrup. There is a criminal racket to replace it with cheaper alternatives like the whole olive oil scam the mafiaso pull.

I am also trying to cut down on my sugar intake. I am aiming at less than 25g a day, but it's hard since almost everything has sugar.

buy less premade stuff
eat it
????
wala

>almost everything has sugar.

I don't see any sugar here. What else could you want? Seafood? There's no sugar in that either.

just as a technicality, produce has sugars :^)

>I don't see any sugar here
pls

I'm surprised. Normally the pedantic spergs take longer to show up. This time you guys were on the ball!

>glucose
>fructose
completely different planets desu

you run that risk when you speak in hyperbole

>pedantic spergs
You did write a statement that was false, and people responded. Nobody called you a retard yet.

Both are sugars.

Honey is still refined sugar

Try agave nectar

Pure it tastes like butt, but it's a great sweetener, because it doesn't taste through, like honey does.

Retard.

There's no hyperbole, just the assumption that we're talking about "added sugar" rather than sugar in general. OFC all foods contain naturally occurring sugars. That's so basic it's not even worth discussing.

Are you the same guys who drop in to a discussion about organic food and:
>>durr hurr all food is organic it contains carbon
? Just curious.

>There's no hyperbole, just the assumption that we're talking about "added sugar" rather than sugar in general.
While that assumption can be made in regards to OP, it cannot be made in regards to the person you responded to .

>Just curious.
You are only digging your hole deeper.

"added sugar" is a stupid distinction though
lots of things are naturally high in sugar and that doesn't make them healthier
also what said, if you want to cut down your sugar intake, someone saying "meat and veggies have no sugar" is counter-productive
>Are you the same guys who drop in to a discussion about organic food and:
>>durr hurr all food is organic it contains carbon
no but I should start doing that