Also fucked up naming thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qaW4mUf2xOs
youtube.com/watch?v=dOBhf8f7cXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but it looks like a pinecone

see

Kids these days

This, and the term was actually started by French explorers who named every fucking thing an apple. Pomme de terre and shit.

and they think fish is a fruit
fruits de mer

which came first, the pine and the apple or the pineapple? what if the fruit part is a apple and the weird alien tree hat is the pine?

how drunk do you have to be

I mean, I guess as drunk as a french, but still. what. fucking frenchies...

KIdney Beans LoOLoLOlIlLol amirote?
Me no take human anatomy classes

The egg plant.....
Im from south thailand
When a women asks for a cucumber 99% of the time Im copulating that a$$

>isn't ham
>isn't a burgher

inb4 it comes from Hamburg. Wrong!

Not food related, but I know a nigress named Amyanique (pronounced like "I'm unique"). Bitch has an identical twin sister named Tiajwana (no: not like the city, Tiajuana. No. It's "Tia J'wanna").

Then why ananas?

Ananas is the native island term for the fruit, everyone adopted it to their language.

But user...

It does indeed originate in Hamburg, monganon.

Milk + chocolate syrup + seltzer = "egg cream"
???

The Patty comes from Hamburg, putting it in bread with condiments was invented in America.

So calling it a hamburger is pretty fitting.

That's ananas though.

>putting it in bread with condiments was invented in America.
keep telling yourself that.

That sounds disgusting.

Do you have a single source saying otherwise? I'd honestly like to know because I just googled it and all three articles said it originated as a chop steak in Hamburg then was put on a bun for American factory workers so they didn't have to fiddle around with cutlery during their short breaks or hold the meat with their hand.

>hops
>doesn't jump

You have to hop to pick it, it grows very tall.

>tack
>doesn't stick things to the notice board

>grits
>isn't used to as a means to sort sandpaper

the arrangement of words "chicken fried steak" confused me for some time before I found out it meant cotoletta or schnitzel

you mean cutlet

any "cut" of meat that is taken off another "cut" of meat is a "cutlet", but congratulations on trying to be special and pedantic.

As far as I know, it originates in Philly where it was made with egg, chocolate syrup and /cream soda/ (rather than seltzer), called "chocolate egg cream soda," a name which makes sense for its ingredients. It was made popular by a Philadelphia doctor, Philip Physick, in the early 1800s, believing it to help with gastric disorders (ulcers, in particular). His included egg, but not chocolate, and was appropriately called "egg cream soda."
Someone sometime later added chocolate syrup to this mixture of cream soda + egg. There are few places, even in Philadelphia, which still make it this way, though you can find a handful which ape at an imitation, using powdered egg instead of whole.

Not a dig at Jewish cheapness but more due to turn of the century Jewish poverty, New York Jews swapped out the cream soda for seltzer and the egg for milk because those ingredients were cheaper at the time. NY being a bigger, more influential city, this variant caught on.

ananas

>Peanuts
Not a nut, be botanically related to peas, so i guess it's a draw, but still, why no name it properly? Same in German: Erdnüsse. Literally earthnuts, same thing. Grows in the earth, but it's not a nut.

Also, Potatoes (just like in french) can also be called Erdäpfel - earthapples. Again, nothing to do with fucking apples. some dialects call them earthpears, at least that's closer to what their form is.

Pamplemousse

Muskatnuss!!
>youtube.com/watch?v=qaW4mUf2xOs

Fish is poisson. Fruits de mer are everything else (seashell and crustaceans).

It's ananas in French like in every language but English.

well, the green "fruits" of a potato look similiar to apples

not any less retarded

french just have a boner for apples
>get tomatoes from the west indies
>THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOLDEN APPLE, GUISE

youtube.com/watch?v=dOBhf8f7cXM

It looks line a pinecone, which was originally called a pine apple, in reference to it being the "fruit" of the pine tree.
Don't be obtuse.