How do I make authentic American hotdogs?

Hotdogs vary wildly depending on the state. Some states consider ketchup mandatory while others will punch you in the fucking throat for even asking for it.

Having said that, the "basic" hot dog is extremely simple. Just steam the hot dog and put it on the bun. Add some fucking mustard if you want or whatever.

Oof...you're playing with fire, user. Answering this question could start a shit-storm, since every region of the US has their own favorite hot dogs.
BUT, one that's universal everywhere here is the campfire dog. Roast your hot dogs over an open fire, and then warm your buns (either over the fire to toast them, or wrapped in foil to keep them soft but warm), and then put a tiny bit of ketchup on the bun and a good squiggle of mustard over the hot dog once you add it to the bun. It's a classic, and indisputable.

Can I use an oven instead?
Things I have:
>hotdogs
>buns
>ketchup
>mustard
>tomatoes
>salad

>google mantinga hot dog buns
>ukrainian company
>american-style buns
>made in france

my brain is melting

- get the tomatoes and salad the fuck away from this entire operation
- yes you could use an oven but even a microwave is more "authentic" desu
- toasting the bun is optional but i like to do that

boil or microwave them

POPPY SEED BUN
STEAMED ALL BEEF HOT DOG
MUSTARD
ONIONS (RAW OR GRILLED)
GREEN RELISH
TOMATO WEDGES
PICKLE SPEAR
SPORT PEPPERS
CELERY SALT

Sure. You can roast them in the oven or if you have a griddle to use on your stove top, you could use that too.

As far as the tomatoes and salad, leave them off unless you also have pickles and peppers, then you could make a facsimile of a Chicago dog.

>microwave

FUCKING NO, dumbass.

I bet you don't even make bacon in the nuke.

Who the fuck would? PLEBS, that's who. I cure and smoke my own bacon, I'm certainly not going to fuck it up by nuking it.

if you put condiments on your hotdog you're a fucking faggot.

microwaves are fine.

Even though I'm from North Carolina, I prefer the New York style. Chili just doesn't do it for me on a hot dog, far too much meat and far too messy.

>get erection
>chop your dick
>immediately ties both end
>grill for about 5 minute
>grill the bun
>put your sausage in the bun
>add ketchup and mustard

enjoy

Microwaves are for cooking instant prepackaged foods, defrosting frozen foods, or reheating leftovers only. Using it for anything else just doesn't get good enough results to justify the time saved.

No, they're fucking not.

I just ate a Danish Hotdog exactly like decsribed in the picture. I think the sausages where bad though, as I puked 15 minutes after eating it.

Grill the dog, put in a bun, apply sweet pickle relish, yellow mustard, and tomato ketchup.
This may be vastly improved by using dill pickle relish or green tomato relish, spicy brown mustard, and toasting the buns on the grill.

this, although microwave popcorn is a gift from god for a quick snack of tasty popcorn

1. buy ungealthy shit
2. put more shit inside
3. serve with shit sauce all over it
4. Die of heart cancer

Grilled dog, sauerkraut, black seed bun, non shit mustard

>put an imitation sausage on an uncooked hotdog bun
Bone apple tits

>steam
I believe you misspelled "grill" user

A classic american hotdog requires you to microwave it until it explodes

the results are fucking fine you fucking retard.

gay fucking meme. 'oh i'm sophisticated because i don't use microwaves to cook a hot dog' no you're fucking retarded. get a god damned life, jesus christ.

>latinos do hotdogs better than Americans
>trump wants these people out

Authentic American hot dogs are made with 100% beef not yano polish pork.

you're fucking retarded if you think anyone has ever eaten one of those hot dogs. it's a gay ass fucking chart and you're a gay stupid nigger for falling for that shit. and condiments are fuccking fgaggotry.

i am very glad i live close enough to chicago to get authentic chicago style dogs where i live, but not live in the gun-free nigger hell hole that is chicago.

You seem a little mad user. Perhaps take a break from the internet for a bit and get some air?

Are you ok?

Make sure everything is as processed as possible. The more ingredients the better. That's basically it.

Before you make the authentic american hot dog, you need authentic american chili first.

If you're using a microwave to cook hot dogs, you're fucking STUPID. End of story, your IQ must be like a fucking turnip.

please fucking kill yourself immediately

>this is the best a moron can do

You're ridiculous.

First off, get the fucking tomato and shit away from the hot dog. (Save tomatoes for when you have all the ingredients to make a Chicago Dog).

How to cook your hot dogs:
1. You can boil them
2. You can put them on a metal stick and cook them over a flame (yes, even your stove).
3. YES, you can even microwave them. Don't listen to the faggots that say you can't. If you want a taste of "Merika", there's nothing truer.
4. Grilling (best method)
5. If using oven, you may as well make bacon wrapped dogs. Wrap dogs in bacon, preheat oven to 400fh (204-210c) and cook for like 15 minutes. Otherwise, no one usually bothers with oven baking hot dogs.

You can toast the buns if you desire.

For basic hot dog (What you should try first to understand what a basic campfire hot dog is) you should use the following:

1. Ketchup
2. Mustard
3. Sweet Relish
4. chopped raw onions (optional)

Enjoy. All the other methods of toppings you will need special ingredients for, like celery salt.

Lingonberry and sauerkraut. Only fucking toppings you need.

I put buffalo sauce on my hotdogs, am I weird?

>grilled all beef frank
>Weober jalapeño mustard
>Spicy Hela sauce
>dill cabbage kraut
Classic American Hotdog

Get (or make) yourself some shredded dill pickles and stay 1000 feet away from any kind of "relish".

>hotdog culture
>attacked over ketchup
You have just changed my whole perspective of the US.
>"i like Michigan hotdogs"
>"Son, this is an Ohio hotdog household!"
>*applies ketchup*
>"YOU'RE A FUCKIN ABORTION!"
>*gun shots*

Sauerkraut
Relish
Mustard
Nothing more, nothing less

I've never seen someone get so angry and autistic arguing for microwaving hotdogs. Are you feeling ok user? Do you need to sit down?

what the? why kind of flyover shithole do you live where you haven't tried any of those?

t. small city in west Texas

grill those onions for fucks sake. I almost gagged looking at that picture.

Georgia here.

Chili slaw dogs are the norm down in the dirty south. Hot dogs (in a pinch) can be microwaved. Generally they'll be grilled, boiled, or even cooked on a campfire if you're out and about.

- Heated or toasted bun.
- Hot dog.
- Raw chopped/diced onions. These may be omitted, or added before or after the chili based on preference.
- Chili. Please note that hot dog chili is not equivalent to standard chili. There are no beans or veggies, just meat and seasonings in a tomato base. It also isn't generally chunky, but smooth and thick with small pieces of meat.
- Slaw. Recipes for slaw vary, but the usual mix will involve cabbage, mayo, salt and pepper. Some add vinegar and sugar as well.
- Squiggle of mustard across the top.

>the results are fucking fine you fucking retard.

Who wants "fine"? "Fine" isn't good enough.

I want "fucking delicious". And you're not going to get that without more complicated methods or additional ingredients.

>doll relish
>not sweet relish

Please leave.

Unfortunately, the Jews produce the best hotdogs.

Some places (not all, but some, mostly smaller ones on the west side) in Chicago and elsewhere will literally verbally berate you if you request ketchup on a hotdog. It's not a meme, I've seen it firsthand.

A-are there any places in Virginia that do Sonoran hot dogs?

>start a shit-storm
>a tiny bit of ketchup

You done goofed.
Hotdog + bun + mustard is the only acceptable answer to OP's question. This combo is the quintessential, patrician choice that will receive zero blow-back in any region if the grand old U.S. of A.

Fuck your ketchup. You have the pallet of a 9 year old.

Hot dogs ain't from the US , user...

kek at doyer dogs

the Danish dog is so not like that at all. only a madman would put remulade AND ketchup and mustard, also, wheres the fried onion, the fresh onion?

Vafan är den svenska korven?

>You have the pallet of a 9 year old.
Ah yes...the old 'pallet's of nine year olds' rebuttal...

What brand hot dogs do you guys generally eat?

I like Nathan's and Hebrew National. My favorite so far is called Klement's but the only place nearby that carries them has them for like $10 a dozen

Lately I've been digging these

>beef
kys yourself idiotmaster