What do you think of this pizza, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of this pizza, Veeky Forums?

I got it last night from a hole in the wall with the rather generic name of Napoli Pizza.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x09fCDjCnaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks fine. Like an above average NY style slice. /thread

My pizza > yours. sorry bro

>not eating 'go'za
I almost feel sorry for you plebs

Pretty much this. That looks like a solid-ass slice of pizza.

There is so much oil there that America will soon propose to give some "freedom" to your pizza !

No, really, I'm not even Italian, and I can't call this a pizza.
It may be good tasting, but basically, it's bread, tomato sauce and (grassy) cheese.

At least, add some garlic or other topping.

If the dough is good, you have done half the way for a half decent pizza.

You better not live on staten island otherwise ill have to put you in my Bolognese sauce for going there instead of Generos

Za rate thread? Had this za Saturday night on the NY state line

Pretty standard slice of NY style pizza.

>I am a pretentious, unlikable faggot

I can't tell what those white chunks are but it looks like a white pizza to me, and white pizzas are fucking delicious

Looks like artichokes to me. I'd smash.

>oil

That's what the grated parmesan cheese is for. Just shake it on and it absorbs the oil.

My pizza best pizza

Utility pizza is generic staple food in NY. Always good for ¢ .99

Yep. Standard slice joint pizza you'd find anywhere from Providence to the Jersey Shore. It's the dominant of the dozen or so pizza styles you find in New York, but not the best one. It's the kind of pizza you take for granted until you find yourself in a place where you can't get it. It's still trash though. The dough is likely made fresh, but the sauce usually comes from a can and the cheese is shit. Still very tasty for a quick, cheap bite.

Indeed I'm, but when I order a pizza, I want a pizza, not this flat Lahmacun-like oiled disgrace, nor a japaneese mayo pizza kawaï...

I eat a pizza yesterday on an italian restaurant, damn, it's almost healthy !
And you can eat the "crust" because its like fresh bread.

But again, OP's pizza can be very good to eat. Just don't call it a pizza, or at least, not italian pizza.

>it's not Neapolitan style pizza! ITS NOT REAL PIZZA!
I bet you're a riot at parties.
Neapolitan is also hands-down the most overrated pizza style in the world. I'd rather eat those disgusting-looking hotdog and corn pizzas they sell in japan.

Funny enough, I eat everything and don't fear for me, I party just fine.

The only fact is that if it's not a pizza, don't call it a pizza.

I will gladly taste and even appreciate OP's monstrosity, but please, don't call it italian pizza.

I eat degenerate food probably as much as good food, but when I cook something, I do it as stated, and when I try my luck, I don't call it what it's not.

I reee enough when my veggy brother call mayo something made with cereals. It's delicious, and I will eat it, but it's not mayo.

Can I cut the blog off now ?
Or maybe should I answer some of your questions ?

>implying I would ever go to a congregation of normies

>Not even Italian, but this pizza, man, it doesn't even have leaves. Italian pizzas are exactly the same but they have leaves on top! I can't call it pizza.

But his slice IS pizza.
There is nothing about it that doesnt make it intrinsically not pizza.
Naples is only a tiny region of Italy, the rest of the pizza you'd find there is nothing like it. If anything Sicilian pizza is very similar to NY slices.

>Neapolitan is also hands-down the most overrated pizza style
Spoken like someone who has never had a good example of it, and generally doesn't believe nice things actually exist. Just shut up and eat your stuffed crust meat lover's Pizza Hut abomination, or your BBQ chicken pizza.. Adults are talking here.

It's literally a new york pizza with less cheese and some basil leaves on top instead of in the sauce.

You're tauting a hot dog with ketchup swizzled on in a pattern as being superior to a hot dog with ketchup simply applied down the length. Over rated. Over hyped. You don't even have an argument.

You sound like the same type of faggot that insists I've never had a REAL philly cheesesteak, as only REAL philly cheesesteaks can be found on this obscure corner sold by an arabic man who speaks only five words of english.

Not quite.
As I said, half the pizza is the dough.
OP's pizza is flat as hell. I'm pretty sure that half an hour after it will be rock hard.

The other half is ingredients and cooking.
The coking seems nice, but, clearly, the ingredients are first price and not first choice.
Cheese will never be this greasy.
Tomato sauce look like tomato concentrate without any cookings, herbs or scent. It's dry as fuck.

As for the "leafs", you put it after the pizza is done. It may be added to OP's "pizza", it will not give a nice italian / scicilian / whatever pizza, it will just be left floating over greasy cheese's oil.

It is a pizza, but not an italian like the one selling it implies using "Napoli Pizza".

It may be N.Y. style pizza, I never taste one ever.
But surely not an italian one.

This.
Also, nice dubs dubs.

>It's literally a new york pizza with less cheese and some basil leaves on top instead of in the sauce.
Proof you've never had a good example of it. A real Neapolitan pizza uses fresh mozzarella instead of shredded low moisture cheese, and is baked in a wood fired oven at much higher temperatures than gas ovens can go. You need that high temp for the fresh cheese to melt without getting watery, and it gives you the bonus of a little char on the edge of the crust. In terms of looks, texture and taste it has a lot more going on than the greasy slice in OP pic, which is the pizza equivalent of a hot dog.

>As I said, half the pizza is the dough.
You mean what new york pizza is known for?

>I'm pretty sure that half an hour after it will be rock hard.
It won't. Your ignorance really doesn't help your argument. Anybody who has been to the tristate area knows he'd be able to fold that slice up a full day later with no problems.

I stopped reading your post there, honestly. Please add a trip so I can ignore you.

Cheesesteaks are garbage. Roast pork with broccoli rabe and Italian cold cut are the superior hoagies by a longshot.

>Implying no new york pizzerias use brick ovens.
>Gas ovens can't go as high as wood fired ovens.
Why post when all you're doing is demonstrating you're retarded? You also fell for the "fresh" buzzword.

>As I said, half the pizza is the dough.
>You mean what new york pizza is known for?
No, I mean that for a nice and tasty pizza, if your dough is not soft and nice like freshly backed bread, half the pleasure will be gone.

>I'm pretty sure that half an hour after it will be rock hard.
>It won't. Your ignorance really doesn't help your argument. Anybody who has [...]
As I said, I never tasted N.Y. pizza. It may be a really nice N.Y. pizza, but all I know is italian pizza, and as OP stated that the sellers sold it as one, I said that it was not.

>as OP stated that the sellers sold it as one, I said that it was not.
Oh, you were just on one of your autistic misunderstandings. I'm sorry for not noticing earlier. The restaurant name can be Napoli pizza because the owners probably have their roots in Napoli before they immigrated over. OP never claimed the NY slice was an "italian" slice.

The old school NYC pizza joints use coal ovens, and there's over a dozen of them still around Totonno's in Coney Island is probably the best. All of the upscale pizza joints have wood ovens. They generally run between 700-900 degrees F. Commercial gas ovens top out around 550. Those are what slice joints use. Dom DeMarco uses a modified gas oven that can hit higher temps at DiFara so he can use fresh cheese on his pies without them getting all mushy. But overwhelmingly most places with gas ovens are using low moisture cheese, resulting in slice joint style pizza like OP pic, not Neapolitan style, which requires a wood oven.

Then, why the Fudge stating it's Napoli Pizza.
It's misleading.

I mean, call a hooker bar a hooker bar, if you make NY pizza, why give an Italian feel to your stratoria ?

The only reason I can see is that NY asimilate pizza to NY pizza, and italian to quality, thus, creating a 'italy like' "restaurant" will give you a fake impression of quality.

And no one answer to the most important question : was it a nice meal, whatever the name we whish to give ?

A lot of Italian joints in NY are named after the towns in Italy where to owner's family came from. So calling your slice joint Napoli isn't the least bit weird. Nor is it confusing - no New Yorker expects to find real Neapolitan pizza at a slice joint. You go to a wood oven place for that, and there are plenty of those around.

Oh, great then.
Here, most of the time, name is used to confuse buyers.

So, I answer to OP's great question, I told him what I though about his pizza, job done, I go back to >>>life
then.

Thanks for your participation.

Are you can Keanu Reeves?

lol heck u go to he** (heck) u big g*y hom*s*xual (faggot) lmao eat aa big mcdonalds fatburgey lamo suck it fats*
[butthole sounds]

You know, I hated pineapple on pizza until I had one where it was combined with jalapenos - almost like a salsa. That was very, very good.

don't you dare try to derail this thread faggot

>wops think their opinions matter

But user, you know pineapple pizza is the best, don't you?

this is the best, although op tastes nice too

Are you that soda bread user?

Pt2

Fug, forgot file

>Tomato base

Sucks

Stopped by Giordano's last night. Classic spinach stuffed.

Magnificent as always.

That's a lot of cheese to eat in one sitting.

Looks like two day old garbage. Trash!

It's not as much cheese as it looks like, really, because it melts down the sides. The actual layer of cheese at Giordano's is only maybe 1/3cm thick. Maybe that's still a lot for some people but I'm white so dairy poses me no issue.

Sorry user, I'm not.

I found the "soda bread user" quite unpleasant and bad minded (I don't know if bad minded exist ? he is an asshole if you prefer).

You don't "win" over people by saying that their food is shit.
I don't believe I "win" over OP. I just express myself and find that selling something for some other thing is what mislead people and, in the end, leads to bad food and global ignorance toward real recipes.

As an example to illustrate this, here, most people hardly believe that "Cordon Bleu" is fried mechanically precessed turkey meat filled with soft cheese sauce.
And really, good or bad (most of the time, bad indeed), this recipe is not the real one.

Please dear food hobbies, do not sell stuff under an other name.

For this particular thread, OP's pizza may be good, I don't know (nobody tells), but it is not what I call an italian pizza (italian as suggested by the "restaurant" name).
Then some user tells me that everybody implicitly knows it and also know where to eat "real" italian pizza, so it's okay I guess.

Looks like trash. Go to dominos instead. Would even eat pizza hut or little caesers before eating whatever that hell is on your plate

A good Neapolitan pizza pretty much blows away any other pizza. The hard part is finding one that's really good outside of Italy. You have to live in a really big city.

I think that's what you call New York-style pizza. It looks unappetizing to me too.

fuck you I visited Chicago a few months ago and I miss this more than literally anything else.

>spinach and artichoke hearts

Fuck man I just ate, you can't do this

I usually don't post comments like this but you need to kill yourself IMMEDIATELY, my man,

Rid the world of your putrid existence, you pretentious, braindead piece of garbage.

I recognize that slice, its from NY finest pizza joint

looks like pretty standard fare. i'd eat it.

shit crust on that one, and all that fucking grease

Please m8, just open your mind.
I can eat and enjoy everything.
But call a cat a cat.

If you want to sell some trash composed of leftover beef, soy and beetroot, don't call it a minced steak.

That's just my point.

You are free to agree or not and to say whatever you wish, but I don't understand why my post was more garbage or eyecatching than any other of this thread.

At least I tried to put some argument to my post.
You just bash me without any explanation, who's braindead?

Looks p good. 'go 'za is delicious but on a normal day I would rather a generic NYC style slice

if you paid a dollar for it

I would tell you to kys, but spergs like you make me look good so please continue for many more years

I prefer Lou's when I go to Chicago. Their sausage is amazing

Not bad if you paid less than 2 bucks for it, mediocre if you paid the regular price. Shit man, slices have gotten expensive. Some places are getting up to 3 bucks uptown. Good thing the GOAT uptown joint, Patsy's is still 1.75 for a slice; I make sure to stop by when doing Costco runs.

reverse image search showed 0 results.
holy shit, he might be keanu reeves.

OP here. What if I told you that this slice was from central Connecticut?

>call themselves napoli pizza
>don't serve napolitan pizza

It's a pretty shitty slice but at least it is not Chicago pizza stew ffs.

This

Yes, I shall continue to sperge as much as I can !
This way, as a living garbage, it will make (you) feel better and have more utility in society than (you).

Derp derp, what a shitty pizza kek, don't call it a pizza any more cause it's not a pizza.
Fresh pizza is way fresher with slice of garlic, an parmesan is made to absorb excess grease anyway.

Sorry m8, I'm not.

but that's exactly what the real Keanu Reeves would say

Best garbage pizza coming through. This stuff was overly sweet and looked radioactive but it was the perfect flavor for downing a whole pie by yourself.

Were you fucking eating it in your fucking car?

That looks like a bus/train

youtu.be/x09fCDjCnaM
I'd rather have Pizza Hut's cheesy bites pizza

hey, I manage a place in FL with that style of pizza and I make the sauce myself and the cheese is fukken $80 a case right now

this is the first sicilian I made

we make them to order and don't have special dough for it so it takes at least an hour, so usually only regulars bother with it because people call and ask and they're like "wtf 2 hours no thx"

this was before I figured out that if I mist it with a water bottle it won't dry out, which wasn't a huge problem but it made the crust a little hard to penetrate

Add mushroom green peppers and onions...and jalapenos and you got some Za bruh

what brought about that realization was when only our lower oven was working

normally we put stuff up on top of the upper oven for faster proofing but it wasn't hot up there that day, so what I had done before was to put what I wanted to proof INSIDE the upper oven, and there was a little heat coming from the lower oven to help it along

well earlier that day I had the upper oven on so there was still enough heat in there to just suck the moisture out of it.. the pie came out looking OK but was very tough, and sadly it was my mother that ordered

that was when I remembered misting the bread at Subway™ before proofing, problem solved

This is the last one I made. Unfortunately despite pre-baking the mushrooms and wringing them by hand they still released so much water that the cheese couldn't brown before I had to pull it. I prefer to get them unsliced so I can slice them super thin myself, as this seems to solve that problem, but it's hard to pass up the sliced mushrooms from the farm because there's always so much else to do besides slice 10 bags of fucking mushrooms

looks like pita bread with tomato sauce and a thin layer of cheese, no toppings. 1/10, doesn't classify as pizza.

meatlovers, italian classic, bbq chicken

I don't fuck around

wish I had more photos but seems they've been purged

is it still a pizza if i toast one of these and cover it in shredded chedder and add pepper?

>Maybe that's still a lot for some people but I'm white so dairy poses me no issue.
Nice.meme

fold it in half. its a quesadilla

Its fucking olive oil u fucking pleb.

You do realize that in cheese there is a small amount of lactose? That's why most of the ppl can eat it without problems even if they are lactose intolerant.