Fml

Veeky Forums, i find your lack or dickered cook-alongs disturbing, hold my beer senpai

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread

PATTI
A
T
T
I

first gotta bag up deez shrimp cuz my food reservoir is is dwindling

bam!

Are you drinking two different beers at once?

patti looking rlly qt there
she crie bcuz onion is mean food

It's called "multitasking"

I took the OP pic like a day ago when i got groceries pls no bully

lol

gonna clean the kitchen a bit then ill cook something unhealthy

ok gonna make burger and fries, i splurged and got the big ass TX taters

gonna go for some big ass steak fries, will be par boiling them in a sec

fact: this is enough meat for no more than 2 burgers

k shits bout ready

assembly

Op can you make grilled cheese sometime I like cheese a lot n I'll bet u know some dank wizard cheese secrets. No gross stink cheese tho. Pls. Just cheddar or something normal. :p

I never bother to load more than 1 or 2 of your pictures because it literally takes 5-10 seconds.

>inb4 slow internet
I'm on 100/20. Veeky Forums has shitty servers..

atleast they upload .jpgs

Don't listen to the shit these threads are consistently the only ones that are actually cooking related. Recently lost everything (job, gf, home) and am cooking all my family meals (among other household tasks) to earn my stay until I get back on my feet. They've been really cool about it. Been thinking about posting in these threads since I'm cooking so much again, so tell me what recipes to try and I'll post a cook-a-long for your enjoyment/derision. Keep in mind I'm an average or maybe slightly above average cook at best and am looking for new stuff to make.

BAZINGA!

wait how heavy is the patty

Guessing by the fact that he said theres no more that two burgers coming out of that package, and the package weighs about one and a half pounds, after cooking I'd say one patty is a little under 3/4th's a pound.

What brand of pickle chips did you use on those OP?

Welp, I'm making curry fried rice this weekend, and chicken tacos.

Damn that's lookin real good OP...
Can I come over for dinner ?

OP post breadhead patti NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She looks like a normal sized cat to me

He did it last thread.

But Giblet totally pulls it off better.

Amy's hot in the grossest, most shameful way

Huh, I can almost make out the OP in the reflection off her eyes.

>letting disgusting fleabag animals near your food

GTFO

thank you. please do other breads.

That cot is cutee but why do you let him on your food counter? That's gross.

This guy, posting more things.

Found some gorgeous ivory carrots at the market and decided to make something out of them.

Carrots after being steamed for initial cook. They're really beautiful, almost translucent and white throughout.

Carrot top-pumpkin seed pesto. Basically carrot leaves, really nice olive oil, grana padano, toasted pumpkin seeds, and a small green chili for a bit of kick.

Carrots got seared on the flat side in a hot skillet. Also pictured: burrata from a local farm, which will be the base of the dish.

Caramelized grapefruit. Basically put cut-side down into a ripping hot skillet and then pulled off heat so the caramelization can get nice and deep but not burn.

Finished dish. Torn burrata at the bottom, ivory carrots, carrot top pesto, pickled chilies, popped beluga lentils, caramelized grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest, olive oil, and carrot leaves.

The lentils I boiled in quite salty water until they were just slightly overcooked, then drained and allowed to dry for several hours before quickly frying. they pop like popcorn and have a really nice light crunch.

Next up- parisienne gnocchi. This was just a meal to get me through the week, not a full on dish like most of my posts. Parisienne gnocchi are amazing though so I figured I'd put it up.

Basically, these are made of a savory choux paste (the stuff you make cream puffs/eclairs out of) that you pipe and cut into boiling water.

Starting off with the dough, melting together butter and water with some salt.

Once the mixture comes to a boil, dump in your flour and beat the living fuck out of it with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until the starches are completely gelatinized and the dough is beautiful and smooth.

Once that's done, mix in your flavorings- in this case black pepper, nutmeg, grana padano, and a touch of dijon- and then beat in eggs, one at a time- making sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding the next. Once the dough is finished, put it into a piping bag and let it rest for 20 minutes.

Get a pot of salted water up to a boil and pipe a constant stream of dough, cutting it at intervals with a pair of scissors so you get nice cylinders. I made a huge batch- two sheets like this- and rather than cooking the gnocchi fully, i just blanched them until they floated to the surface, then froze them for later use.

Next up, making the sauce.

Starting with some nice house-cured pork belly, basically salt pork. Diced that up nice and small and cooked on very low heat until totally rendered and well caramelized, then added a few thin sliced shallots and cooked those down until nice and soft.

Then I added some minced chilies, thyme, fresh corn, and cherry tomatoes, and cooked it out until the tomatoes had burst and formed a sauce. Finished with more grana padano and a bunch of chiffonade of fresh basil.

Last one for today. Picked up a squab at the market- pic related- on Sunday. Looked like this at the time. I gave it a quick brine and then dry-aged it hanging in my fridge until this evening.

looks like patti doesn't like onions
pleb

It looked like this at the end of that time.

Broke that sucker down, removed the breasts for cooking, and removed and deboned the legs, overlapped them, and then rolled them around a filling made from the squab's heart and liver, as well as some minced shallots cooked down with a little brandy. Wrapped it nice and tight and refrigerated for a few hours so the roll could set.

Found some beautiful local summer chanterelles and some equally beautiful little crimson chard, as well as some first of the season new Warba potatoes.

Poached the wrapped galantine and then finished with a quick pan sear in the squab fat I got from roasting the carcass for stock. Pan-roast the breasts.

The breasts are resting with some butter on them to preserve moisture.

Sauteed the chanterelles in some squab fat and butter. Boiled the baby potatoes, then doused them with a solution of salt and aged muscat vinegar and let them absorb it. Wilted the chard leaves down with some shallots and butter, and pickled the stems.

Someone once made traditional paella on here with his mom at their restaurant in a full scale pan and the thread was pretty much dead with only three original posters but there was a fast food thread at 320 replies.

spoiler: I was that guy and it hurt that Veeky Forums doesn't actually care about cooking.

but I am enjoying this thread. Continue posting photos of your food.

Solid cook on both pieces. Squab breast generally you're looking for about medium rare.

Post more pictures of your cat, she reminds me of my ded kitteh.

Once squab bones were roasted I simmered them down with some chicken stock as well as the chanterelle trim, some caramelized shallots, and some thyme. This squab stock I reduced down to a jus, seasoned with salt and sherry vinegar, and mounted with butter to finish.

I also made a lacto-fermented perny date puree. Basically just took a bunch of dates, covered them in a mix of whey and water with a little salt, sealed them in a jar, and let them go. I was super happy with the results- super complex flavor, a little sweetness, some good acid- everything you could ask for. The puree was literally just pressing these now-super-soft dates through a strainer and mixing in a little of the liquid to loosen the texture.

Finished dish. Pan roast squab breast, galantine of leg, fermented date puree, squab jus, wilted ruby chard, pickled chard stems, Warba new potato, summer chanterelles.

you fucking champion that looks amazing

Thanks. I feel like it needs some work still presentation wise, but it was fucking solid flavor wise, if I do say so myself. The fermented date puree was incredible, definitely something I will play around more with.

I'm fucking jelly. Well done op

Try cooking Japanese?

This reminded me. I used to work in the meat department at Fry's, if you go there to get shrimp you're best off buying the frozen 10lb bag they have in the freezer, all they do is take a couple bags off the shelf, thaw them in warm water and then put them in the case.
Also shamrock milk is a fucking scam. All they do is charge a little more to put a sticker on a bottle of Fry's brand milk. It's the exact same milk, just one is more expensive cause shamrock put their sticker on it.

>80/20
Enjoy your dry burger

i dont make grilled cheese much but i will prob make a variation in the next few days, that scene from the movie Chef is pretty accurate desu

(´;︵;`)

thx and pls post whatever u want i dont have a recommendation but something you like or your family likes would be cool

like 3/4 lb, i made a patty out of the rest and vac sealed and froze it

famous daves bretty gud

sounds good m8

:)

lol

am i being doxxed m80 lol

ok

this looks wild cant imagine wat it taste like
this looks very dank

thx, sometimes there is very exciting things happening at mcdonalds it happens

:(

thx m90

at HEB they got previously frozen and fresh i got the ones that never been froze

wasnt dry what are you using 70/30?

pic related is my fav she aint bout that shit

makin some quick nuggers with this fat chickin titty

gee OP 2 cobs?

Am drunk

Srry for the delay I got the doggo blues

Ooomf

Doggo approved

Based as always OP, I especially like the look of the corn.

Also I have to ask, how does Patti respond to Doggo? Canine seems pretty chill so hopefully they get along.

Thx m80, doggo is my friends, only Maria my bottom bitch has had to deal with that cunt on a daily basis

this is hardcore stuff

I've never had squab before. Does it taste like chicken? Or more like duck?

It's definitely a red-meat type bird, similar to duck. The flavor is pretty distinct, a bit more intense than duck and less fat.

BAD KITTY, GET OFF THE COUNTER

where is the beetroot mate?

Comfy solo grilling yesterday. Chimney gets stupid hot so had to finish in the oven

Corn too. No fresh market corn yet but it'll do

That's a cool idea

Are you ready, OP?

I did gumbo tonight. Chicken thighs and andouille sausage. Going to do the full cookalong in a bit.

t. fellow houstonian

Not OP, but nevertheless ready for gumbo.

that's a heck of a dog
my cat and dog were best friends after like two days together

prepare you ranus

I'm using a ceramic dutch oven for the festivities

prep first

Have everything ready or you'll fuck everything up.

Holy trinity (onion + celery + bell pepper) and a small bit of jalapeno

chopped "rustically"

You must be very careful with your garlic.

See this garlic?

Be careful with it.

>wah what are we going to do under the knife onii-chan~~

This is the easiest way I've found to chop a bunch of garlic.

Press F to pay respects to garlic-chan

After you've smashed all your garlic cloves, just rock your knife over 'em a few times to get a rough chop.

I'm not using all of this for the gumbo. Some of it is for the bonus dish.

Popped some chicken thighs in the oven for a bit to roast 'em. They're going in the gumbo.

The other side is more brown, I promise.

Andouille sausage

Ain't it purdy?

sausage sliced into coins

At some points during this, I had the dutch oven heated with some oil, the veggies were sauteed until tender, stock was applied to deglaze, and all ingredients, including seasonings, were introduced into the pot.

Everything goes in with the stock and seasonings.

Get the heat up until it's glomping (technical term), then lower to a simmer.

bout an hour later, it looks like this, but it's not quite ready.

Needs about 3 hours to get all nice and married.

By the way, gumbo is always, ALWAYS better the next day after it's sat in the fridge overnight.

Money shot.

Came out fantastic. Lovely rich texture, spicy, and hearty. Served over rice, garnished with green onions and parsley. A local louisiana hot sauce and Tony's were on the table for anyone who wanted more heat and salt.

On the side: shrimps that I sauteed with butter, lime, cilantro, and the rest of that garlic on the side.

I probably should have mentioned that the roux is the most goddamn important part of this whole thing.

Equal parts flour and fat. Moderate heat. Constant whisk. Must get to a dark, chocolatey color, and you'll smell a wonderful toasted flour aroma. Blonde rouxs need not apply.

how do you get your roux so dark? I try and try but can't do it

prowarning: I've only tried twice

Medium-high heat, don't stop whisking.

IT WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 20-35 MINUTES.

As soon as it looks like a chocolate labrador's butthole, throw your holy trinity in to prevent further browning.