ITT: Favorite Types of Tea

Other urls found in this thread:

fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/USDA-2005.tea_.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

green

but that's none of my business

Yorkshire

im the type of person to make tea out of leaves found in my backyard, but when it comes to teas i actively purchase, earl grey is mandatory

Gyokuro, Longjing and Yinzhen

African Red

Darjeeling FTGFOP1 2nd flush
Assam CTC 1st flush with masala powder
Any sencha green

The plain white teas

Barley

Pu-erh

Oolong or just black tea, usually

dragon well, lapsang souchong

high mountain oolong

the best

Occasionally a nice refreshing rose tea, with a slice of lemon.
Best when clipping a rose head off the bush and brew within a day

>tfw I fell for the twinings meme
This ranges from barely drinkable to undrinkable and I've accumulated 6~ tins before I found out how much other, similarly priced brands were

Black and green tea with honey is good

How much better other brands were*

I'd like to stop being a chamomileonlyfaggot. Where do I go from here?

Jasmine tea

So how long should I brew rolled oolong? Tin is full of moon runes and unhelpful English, meanwhile the internet is giving me numbers between 1 and 8 minutes. I also can't really find any information about the specific brand online

Meant unhelpful Engrish if that was worth clarifying.

Lemon. I really like citrus in everything, though. Foods, savoury and sweet, beverages, cool and warm whatever it is, really. I cannot not insert citrus in some way into all of my recipes. It's really a problem and I'll likely need to check myself into a rehabilitation clinic at some point because of it.

Green or Sweet iced tea.

Assam

I suggest once getting a kettle ready, take it off the heat for about 30 seconds then brew for 5 to 6 minutes

If you choose non caffeinated, go with any other floral, or venture into rooibos.
Or caffeinated then try white teas first.
Once you do that, then venture onto greens and blacks

Thanks familia, I'll take notes.

Moroccan tea is the correct answer. A constant stream of that with live belly dancers is an experience.

I really like Darjeeling and assam.

Gunpowder Temple of Heaven

Iced

>lightly flavoured flouride spiked water

Yeah nah I don't drink that shit because I'm neither retarded nor a liberal trendy.

Use a brita filter or something you pretentious fag.
That said hibiscus petals and dried orange steeped for a good 6 minutes is really nice. Little bit of cane sugar to sweeten.

>pleb thinks pleb-tier brita filter will solve the issue

kek you small people

Not a big deal if you don't use fluoridated water in the first place.

>liberal trendy
You know tea has been around for a couple thousand years, right?

Depending on the tea it's way worse than whatever the government does. Black tea can have upwards to 6-10 mg/l of sodium flouride

fluoridealert.org/wp-content/uploads/USDA-2005.tea_.pdf
Compare these values to the levels of fluoride found in most toothpastes. Also, filtering your water would be helpful.

Brushing your teeth with flouride toothpaste makes you ingest about 0.3 mg of flouride. If you drink pure white teas this is roughly what you get per litre, its not much of an issue, but green tea is worse and black tea is much much worse, some black teas containing up to 10 mg/l of sodium flouride. Drinking a quart of that would be like brushing your teeth about 35 times per day. Keep in mind that sodium flouride is an accumaltive poison, there is no safe dose.

Dong Ding

Then you'd expect to see effects in places like the UK, Southern US, or India, where they drink a lot of cheap black tea. But every proven case of serious negative health effects I've seen was in people who drank abnormal amounts of the stuff for decades.

But this my last Newport tho

That's fallacious, most of the expected symptoms will not be reviewed by a toxicologist, that's only in very extreme in odd cases, 99% of the time it will be regarded as effects of aging or because of a bad lifestyle, like it is with all soft poisonings.

oooooolong

That doesn't sound right to me, or is my math wrong? For simplicity, lets say black tea has 400 mcg of fluoride and lets round the 180 mL to 200. The pdf I linked says the adequate intake of fluoride per day is 4mg. So if one drinks 1L of black tea, they would only be getting half of the adequate limit, right?

There is no adequate intake of flouride and even if there was it would be something like 1mcg, not fucking 4mg lmao

anyways black teas have varying flouride levels, some have 5 times that amount

Oh look, conservitards are bringing up politics for no reason while advertising their stupidity again

Rooibos, red and green.

Don't expect too much from them. They get worn out from the drumpf circlejerk on /pol/, crawl out of their containment and shit up other boards for a change of pace.

My fucking nigger, Yorkshire with whole milk anything else can fuck off.

Trust me I'm aware, /pol/tards have been shitting up my home boards for years

>>>/britpol/

Immoral shitter.

the wrong brother died......same with the beegees

Chai. I've had it in India and it's way better there

I was never much into tea, always had yunnan tea at home and drank that day in day out.
Recently I bought Twinings Earl Grey and I like it more than I thought I would, great smell and great taste.
What is the consensus on Earl Grey?

Earl Grey is my go-to tea. It should be the standard to which all other teas are held.

any tea is good. I usually drink cheap sencha I get in 1/3 kilo bags for $10. Grown in Japan under the finest artificial shade.

Bergamont is not actually pleasant
Twinings' Lady Grey is a nice blend, more lemonny

I like it, but I'm finding a new brand after I finish the tin I have. Twinings' bergamot flavor is too inconsistent.

I prefer anything loose leaf.

My preferred is anything chai, Chinese oolong, or simple with rose petals (well the whole head of the flower).
Harvested wild lavender, or dandelion is also good.
Or for the needed pick me up, English breakfasts or earl grey

>actually, legitimately thinking flouride is a bad thing
You are literally retarded.

coffee

fuck you

tazo green ginger is my favorite commerical tea hands down, i'm thinking about getting really into it but i don't want to be a faggot

otherwise i'll take earl grey if i'm at a coffeeshop or something

Came here to say this.

Sorry that you missed that get btw

Earl gray.

Throw six bags in a water jug and set it out in a sunny window sill for a while and you got yourself a nice batch of iced tea.

>Ah'll have the chicken biscuits with a jug of sweetea sugar.

Where do you go to purchase this?

this is the most american tea post i've ever seen. why do you need so much tea in one gallon of water?

I know I'm a pleb, but it reminds me of home.

With lemon and sugar.

>twinings lemon & ginger for mornings
>japanese rice tea for evenings
>strawberry milk tea for nights
or
>liptop black tea for nights

I've recently started getting into trying out lots of different brands of fruit teas. I drink up to 3 cups a day and even though it probably does nothing for my body, I like to pretend I'm being healthy, plus it makes me feel good.

Been drinking dancongs recently, just rediscovered da hong pao

Maybe because its one fucking gallon?

You fags put whole teabags in cups with less than an actual cup of water.

>any tea is good
This, with a single caveat: It must be hot.
Cold tea is utterly repellant.