Why do American drink soda at breakfast?

Can they not go a minute without their syrup drinks?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sugary
dictionary.com/browse/sugary
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We drink coffee like normal people and save the sugar water for lunch.

Not all of us do lol. People need to remember there are over 300 million of us and we dont all eat the same. Believe it or not, some of us dont drink soda at all.

What's the big deal? It's the equivalent of having 4 glazed donuts with a cup of coffee. Pretty average amerifat dessert, really.

OBSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSED

I don't. I drink tea or coffee. Depends on what I'm eating. Soda is a lunchtime beverage in my house, wine or beer with dinner...again...depending on what I'm eating.

Related question: why are Canadians parasitic commonwealth people that not only depend on border shopping in America to survive as a country, but gibs from the British government as well?

It becomes routine at some point. I used to have a cola with every meal when I was young, now I rarely have any. Once you back away from cola you realize you just taste the sugar, and if you want the flavor you can drink other shit

>Diet Coke contains sugar

European education at work

Diet coke is literally the perfect drink, there's nothing it doesn't go with. Not even American.

Uh, no. I know a ton of people who drink a monster energy drink with breakfast. Then they drink about 3-4 20 oz bottles of soda throughout the rest of the day. It's no wonder obesity is such a problem here.

I for one enjoy watching fat people get fatter. Despite the economic implications I personally consider it thinning out the herd.

It actually reduces the cost of health insurance. If a fat fuck dies at the age of 55 because they drank a gallon of soda a day, it means we won't be paying for their healthcare late in life.

Fair point. I never thought about it in that context.

meanwhile, "healthy" people living into their 90's are 100X the drain on healthcare than those who die younger.
Use your head, son

Yeah, it annoys me when people say fat people are a burden on the healthcare system. No they're not, people who live a long time are, this has been proven time and time again. I say let them kill themselves if they want.

But people that live older had healthier 60-80's lives, thus lowering medical costs.

Also higher chance to die of old age (no costly diseases)

I'll have some diet soda and frozen pizza for breakfast tomorrow
I'm already excited

Neither "people who live a long time" or "fat people" are neceissarily a burden. It all depends on what conditions they have.

My Grandfather died at 99 years old. He never once was hospitalized. The only time he had to go to the doctor was to have his ankle looked at after he thought he broke it. Turns out it was just a sprain so that was the end of that.

Likewise if some fatass gets a stroke and dies at 40 there's little strain on the healthcare system either.

But anyone that has frequent or major health problems is a strain on the system regardless of their age, weight, etc.

shit taste

kys

shit taste

kys

OBEEEEEEESE

diet coke is unironically terrible

At least try a good diet coca cola like Coke Zero or Tab

Even diet pepsi shits on diet coke

Coke Zero is disgustingly sugary just like normal coke. And Pepsi? Vile.

I bet you you like Root Beer too.

OBSESSED

There's no sugar in coke zero.

Individual cases and your 99 year old grandfather don't mean anything. Overall, on average, healthy people who live a long time drive up the cost of health insurance. This has been proven with research. My grandparents lived to 88,90,88, and one of them is 86. They weren't ultra-healthy, but they were all moderately healthy. They had all kinds of diseases: cancer, heart attacks, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer's, you name it. And they still lived a long time. One succumbed to colon cancer, one died from Alzheimer's, another died from old age. My last remaining grandmother has survived cancer. It cost a lot to treat them.

Sugary means tastes like sugar, not contains sugar.

Maybe in your special dictionary

>The absolute state of American education

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sugary
dictionary.com/browse/sugary

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sugary

I've never once heard anyone refer to a diet soft drink as sugary. Also, modern internet dictionaries are pretty bad. It's better to go find an old dictionary from the library. Then you'll see the truth, that "often" has a silent "t" and any other pronunciation is incorrect.

Got any more excuses?

diet coke still a shit

>Arguing over sugar water.

Great thread.

Brand loyalty is how we affirm our identities. I'm a Coca Cola classic man myself. Pepsi? That's kid stuff. For the "new generation".
Get out of here with your crazy talk. everyone drinks soda. I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life and never met anyone who does it different. You honestly sound like you've never even set foot in America and probably are jealous of us for myriad reasons, not least of which being our superior Wisconsin cheese.

>I've lived in the same place my entire life.

Cool blog bro. Have you ever taken a deep breath, sat back and considered making the executive decision to shut the fuck up you uncultured swine?