Is Halva good?

Is Halva good?

bumping for interest, bought a halvah bar at the local durka spot today and haven't tried it yet.

thumbs up from me

If you happen to like sawdust it's ok.

Yeah, it can be a strange taste at first but it's enjoyable

It's ok, but it has a fuckton of calories and is generally inferior to chocolate as a sweet

it's one of those a bite once in 10 years kind of things

good in small pieces with a herbal tea or rich coffee.

yes, but it has heavy, tiring taste. Also quality is important.

The grocery store near me has like 50 different kinds but they all have artificial flavor in the ingredients. Fuck that shit. Is that what they put up with in the middle east too? Why can't confectioners understand that I'm willing to pay more to avoid brominated vegetable oil, DEET, plutonium, and GMO garbage in my food? More importantly I will pay ZERO if you insist on dumping substandard garbage into the product just to cater to the price-sensitive hoi polloi.

Yeah very nice. Crumble it on vanilla ice cream with honey.

>price-sensitive hoi polloi
I.E. Jews

don't know why don't you halva go at trying some and let us know

It taste like a weird sort of nougat

Oh, fuck that explains everything, I never made the connection with the halva. It's a store frequented by tons of jews and they even have the fake israeli hummus made with mayonnaise. It's quite disgusting and it's why I check everything twice before putting it in my basket when I'm shopping there. Some good stuff there so it's still worth it as long as I'm careful.

So if I go across town to the arab store you think it will be better quality?

Not as good as Fulva.

Probably, Jewish store Falafel taste bad compared to durka ones, might work the same way

halva what?
depends on what im getting halva!
halva million dollars? yes please!

I eat halva with banana. It is nice mouth feel

I've only ever had halva in Haval bars. They are godly delicious though, especially the fudge covered kind. They're rediculously rich, but that's okay since you are not meant to eat the whole bar in one sitting. Cut off small slices of that shit with a knife and keep it in the fridge.

Underrated

Thanks Dad.

Yes. It's fucking delicious. And I'm a white boy. It's lightly sweet, crumbly, and nutty, fucking addictive. My favorite is the kind full of pistachios (which is really common, but I love pistachios ).

When it is made properly (ie with a good amount of tahini) then it is awesome in moderation. Sometimes we used to melt it slightly in the microwave with dark choc and spread it on crackers. Having a small amount with coffee is good too. It's just supposed to be a spoon sweet you have like Italian's having a small espresso.

Overly sweet, good for survival situations. Tastes like sawdust with sugar added. Fuck no. Sweetened condensed milk is where it's at.

not sure, but i'd sure like to halva taste.

>to hoi polloi
>using the nominative case after a preposition when the correct dative case should be tois pollois

Βάρβαρος εἰσί, kίναιδε

exactly

You halva try it to decide for yourself.

Its very delicious, but dangerous since its hard to stop eating it and it is loaded with calories.

Dont buy choco or vanilla flavor, pistaccio and walnut are by far the best

Try it, you'll have a halva good time.

You do know that halva in the west is shit, indian halvas are the best.

Looks like candles

It's okey

I don't like the sawdust texture

fuck yeah halva is good. you should also try halva from semolina. it's so tasty