Read 13 books on coffee and espresso making, production and roasting

>read 13 books on coffee and espresso making, production and roasting
>get a job as a barista
>take to the job really quickly applying all that i have learned
>coworkers and manager doing everything incorrectly and get mad at me for doing things the proper way
>coworkers literally tamping whilst espresso grind is overflowing and going over the sides
>"You don't need to clean the portafilter when there are some used grinds in there, it won't change the flavour"
>get called into manager's office
>"Sorry but you're just not taking to the task of coffee-making, I don't think you're suited to coffee-making. I'm going to have to let you go."
>mfw

kiss ass lol

hey friendo, it always sucks losing a job but maybe take this opportunity to reflect on developing a real skill set, ya know one that isn't easily replaced by shitty robot or immigrant.

In any job, you don't get paid to things correctly. You get paid to do the things that the manager wants you to do.

>reads 13 books on how to perform a minimal wage job

Perhaps we all are a victim to autism?

This. Especially in an area as fickle as the service industry. Nobody follows proper protocol ever

Do you need to dress like a numale to get a barista job?

I feel like they'd reject me simply because I can't handle smalltalk and I don't really care to start any.

>I can't talk to people
>in a service job

Gee user.

That's not my problem, I just can't fill silences with insincere idle chatter, I never really learned to do that and there's no use starting now.

It's a business, not a coffee taste room for people to lick each others bean flavoured ass.

make yourself good coffee at home

enjoy that shit gotdamn

The best way to fill that space if you have a hard time doing so is to ask questions to the other person so they talk and you won't have to. Just some advice

Socialization is a muscle that you can work out or atrophy. You can learn how to chit chat just as you can learn how to be a stony silenced autist.

I'm still working on mine, but to rip off Dale Carnegie, the biggest tip would be to be genuinely interested in the other party.

Kind of hard when everything and everyone sucks, and you want to kill yourself, but I digress...

I'm the same way. If I NEED to talk to someone, I'm the sweetest, most charming motherfucker on the planet. But if I don't feel like I have something to say, I don't fucking say anything.

For some reason that pisses people off.

It doesn't matter if it's made wrong, since 99% of people have never had it correctly made and then they put so much sugar in that the taste itself is irrelevant

is this why people keep asking how my day is going?

Start your own coffee shop if you want to do it right.

this

This, gotta suck dick and lose your dignity

Probably yeah

This is true. But never forget the difference or it will eat into your work.

Im laffin

then stay unemployable. everyone has to put up with the bullshit of everyone else and pretend to like it. that's just the way things are. if you can't pick up the bare minimum of essential social skills then you may as well live in a cave