Veganism

Although posting this on Veeky Forums might not be the best idea, i'd like to know why you other vegan, are not eating eggs ? Meat is murder, Milk is murder and torture no matter how you gather it, but eggs, isn't this a bit different ? I mean, of course most of the egg industry is just a supersized concentration camp with disastrous exploitation conditions. But what about this : if the chickens are free to go where they want, not force-fed, not tortured, not killed, if you're basically "interacting" with them only to pick a few eggs from time to time, is it still wrong for you, and why ? I'm a vegeterian trying to go vegan, so i'm not judging anyone, just curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7W95cXU24E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm on the same boat as you, meat is murder, milk is torture but eggs ? That shit's fine as long as you choose wisely the eggs you buy. And it's super healthy unlike milk

Vegan here.

The most common issue with eggs that come from hens like that is that those hens more than likely came from a hatchery where animals are abused, the male chicks are tossed in a macerator, and they're bred to suffer (overproduce, etc.). So you're still contributing to the industry.

But in the extremely rare case that the hens were rescued or were not bred to suffer, etc., then I wouldn't think it was wrong, just really gross and stupid. The hens benefit from the nutrition of the egg if they eat the eggs, and so does the soil. So why would you choose to eat a hen's menstruation that came out of her butt, something that's filled with ridiculous amounts of cholesterol with little nutrient benefits when you could just eat plants?

>The most common issue with eggs that come from hens like that is that those hens more than likely came from a hatchery where animals are abused, the male chicks are tossed in a macerator, and they're bred to suffer (overproduce, etc.). So you're still contributing to the industry.

Oh, and forgot to mention that I used to work at a feed store where is the likely place you'd buy those hens, and they're shipped in boxes and the hatchery adds extra hens they like to call "packing peanuts" because they know some of them will die during shipment. So they're shipped with their dying/dead siblings. Then they're probably kept in a small space where they're likely to peck each other, and then one of the managers will probably brag about how they went to the back to snap the neck of one of the ones who were pecking.

It's not healthy at all lmao. It's not even legal for the egg industry to claim eggs are "safe", that's how unhealthy they are.

chickens are all assholes anyway they deserve it

Chickens are assholes if you treat them like assholes. They actually make great pets though and become attached to you and will follow you around. They also love hugs and can play the piano for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7W95cXU24E

OP here, thanks for the wise answers (except for you even though this getmad-govegan is quite hilarious)

>really gross and stupid [...]menstruation
Well, I guess this is a matter of opinion, even though I dont eat eggs anymore, I used to enjoy their taste. And who cares if it's menstruation, eating a flower is eating a vegetal dick, eating fruits most of the time means eating a shitload of semen, i'm fine with that ...

>The hens benefit from the nutrition of the egg if they eat the eggs, and so does the soil.

You're right on that, i'll think about it.

> extremely rare case

I live in south of France, near of rural area, where this cases arent so rare actually, but i'm aware we can't feed a planet with this kind of egg production

looks like someone got cucked by a cock, tell us your story user, did he cheat on you ? Were you in love ?

great grandma farmed chickens
they kill each other for no reason, straight up rip each other's guts out. Chickens constantly fight each other to establish pecking orders
that kid's lucky he didn't lose an eye, don't fall for vegan propaganda

I used to work with chickens....

If you have them in stressful conditions then yeah they're going to peck a lot. But that's rare otherwise. And don't try to act like humans aren't violent.

>vegan propaganda

fucking kek

Where did I act like humans aren't violent
we're the fucking worst
we're so fucking violent that we have to make peace with each other or we'll all die

which is another reason we're better than chickens, chickens ain't gonna do shit

Ok we got it, thank you

Did you also work with roosters? Try dropping one, or better yet; two, into the coop and see how nice and peaceful it stays.

I get this, but what if you have your own chickens?

fucking slaveowner kys cracker
>LIBERATE ALL OPPRESSED ANIMALS
ANIMAL LIBERATION FRONT --- HO!

I am not convinced dietary cholesterol is good for you. I need to atone for a lifetime of eating like a devil may care maniac.

(OP)
also some vegans say that its not theirs to take from the hen

>father owns chickens
>they produce more eggs than they can eat
>always giving me eggs
>chickens are like this because they've been artificially selected by humans to be this way for 1000s of years
>I'm supposed to feel bad for eating them

yeah, that's the main thing other than the whole not wanting to eat another animal's excrement that fell from their all in one vagina ass orifice

I'm not a vegan for morals in the first place, I'm a vegan for health. Cutting out all meat for health purposes included eggs for me.

>a hen's menstruation that came out of her butt

Why would you eat a plant's sperm that came out of its uterus, which manages to be even more fucked up than how mammals reproduce?

>something that's filled with ridiculous amounts of cholesterol

Literally doesn't matter at all. That isn't how heart disease works.

> with little nutrient benefits

Eggs are a satiating protein source rich in vitamins.

My question for you is this: how solid could vegan ethics be if you have to resort to infantile icky-poo-poo games and blatant lies about nutrition to prop them up?

why don't vegans eat stone crab claws? harvesting them doesn't kill the animal, and they even rip of their own claws in nature all the time

"The Florida stone crab loses its limbs easily to escape from predators or tight spaces, but their limbs will grow back. When a claw is broken such that the diaphragm at the body/claw joint is left intact, the wound will quickly heal itself and very little blood is lost. If, however, the claw is broken in the wrong place, more blood is lost and the crab's chances of survival are much lower. Each time the crab molts, the new claw grows larger."

seems to me to be pretty harmless to harvest a part that's just going to grow back better and would have popped off soon anyway

vegan here

i don't give a shit about humane treatment or whatever, have fun with heart disease eating eggs

You faggots know like 80% of vegans who show up to events and talk on online forums and shit are female right?

>muh can't meet women cuz I hate vegetables

OP, in case you didn't know, veganism isn't about whether or not an animal is harmed. It's about not eating anything that is made from, or comes from them.
Do you eat eggs? Then you are an ovo-lacto vegetarian. Period.
If you want to be a vegan, start by not eating anything animal-based. Don't be a fucking retard.

>why don't vegans eat stone crab claws?
see

>he relies on online vegan chatrooms to meet women

>being so thirsty you'd swear off staple foods for some granola skank's freebleeding gash

>No source.

Ok, champ.