Muh minimalism

>muh minimalism
>there's too much food on the plate!! we can't let customers get their money worth!!!

this guy is the worst.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cm2XN5mbepg
troisetoiles.de/2017/05/25/restaurant-gordon-ramsay-post-smyth-aera/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong.

>if it doesn't come in a trough with a bib I'm not interested

Only reason to be minimalist is if you're one of those tasting restaurants where they give you a ton of really small dishes. Otherwise, the diner should feel like a fatass after finishing their meal.

>muh monis worth

how fat and american can single person be, holy shit! Just go to diner and shovel in a mountain of waffles you pig.

It's about portion control. I'm American and I have heard, "that's too much food" believe it or not.

literally every fine dining restaurants serves at least 8 courses. You will never see them selling just one menu item.

Back to Mcdonalds you amerifat! Chow down 20 mcdoubles and get your big belly full!

>what is portion control and food costs
>lmao money worth
You must be some marxist leftist cunt that thinks the restaurant owes you more than what you pay for
Welcome to capitalism

Most ingredients are dirt cheap for restaurants, it's the preparation you pay for

it's the preparation, and the rent, electricity, water, natural gas, cleaning and repairs to the storefront and general labor costs.

If you're at a fine dining restaurant and getting an appetizer, a soup, a salad, a cheese plate, palate cleansing ice cream, an entree, and a dessert, then you don't want huge fucking portions otherwise you won't even have room for dessert. Small portions make sense so you can taste a larger variety of things.

>Otherwise, the diner should feel like a fatass after finishing their meal.
This is what all you can eat buffets are for, not proper restaurants.

If the majority of customers are not eating everything on the plate, you are wasting food and therefore money by putting on their plate. This isn't rocket surgery.

Your picture is very bad, please remove it.

You tell em' StephON.

You tell him, Cletus

Will do, StehpON.

Alright, Cletus. Not sure why you keep saying my name like that, it's just "Steve".

I usually eat only whole plant foods, which are much less dense, so I'm accustomed to high volume and low fat meals. My typical breakfast is a liter of food. Most restaurants leave me unsatisfied.

How to eat at those places without feeling like a wanker for eating there?

Your boyfriend's going to get jealous of you keeping pictures of other men on your computer, like that, StephON.

>Americans

>Americans
>Using "Cletus"

Choose one.

The worst part about the quack known as Gordon Ramsay is that he drenches everything in gollups of olive oil

trailer park folk don't get fine dining. this is not a shock, it's not new, and it's something to be ignored.

Are you people in fucking middle school?

t. StephON.

youtu.be/Cm2XN5mbepg

What does anyone think of the first recipe?

Seems like a good way to go for a new recipe, maybe keep it over night and have for breakfast

ON THE HEAT

>moaning over the donuts

though this is probably bait, i'll bite. The entire concept of fine dining isn't to eat until you are stuffed, the concept is minimalize what is on the plate to highlight it. if a master chef serves you a plate with one scallop vs. a plate with 100, which do you think you would concentrate on more? if you have only one scallop to eat, you take in all the complexities and subtle notes, you meditate on that item instead of shoveling them down until you can't eat any more. going to a fine dining restaurant to get full is like going to a wine tasting to get shit-faced.

Fat fucking Ameritard

The point of fine dining isn't to feel full, it's to experience meals made by chefs who are masters of their craft, with tastes you won't get elsewhere.

>being this retarded
consider killing yourself imbecile.

>going to a restaurant to be nourished by adequate amounts of delicacies

FAT FUCKING FUCK REDNECK TRUMP FUCK

"finishes" it with olive oil :^)

If you go out to a restaurant to get stuffed, you're a goddamn alabama redneck piece of garbage.

But there's no depth to cooking, so you can make it all yourself if you're not a stupid helpless poopy diaper baby.

so you know fuck all about cooking then. Read Ferran Adria's books or.. well basically learn the least bit about food.

LOL

>I ONLY RECOGNISE SATISFACTION FROM THE PHYSICAL FEELING OF MY STOMACH BEING TOO FULL OF SHIT

topkeks all round

I have. It's pretty flat. Stuff doesn't stack much. Baby's first brogramming class is deeper. Is that alginate shit still trendy?

whatever, gimp. Go troll somewhere else.

I'm not saying restaurants don't have value, just that each individual dish can be prepared by anyone with the will. It's not feasible for a home kitchen to make all of them at once.

fckn lol, its the exact opposite.
whenever i saw "Appetizers" in his shows like hells kitchen, its more than a fucking main course in europe.
fucking ridiculously oversized portions in his restaurants

Snob

Only works with multi course tasting menus. The op is referring to Ramsay's advice for most normal restaurants. People like to feel full when they go out for dinner.

People with a greater than 100 IQ:

>likes Gordon Ramsay
>Understands the importance of minimalism in cuisine
>Good understanding of flavors and cooking in general
>Open to trying new things
>Inhabit coastal states

People with a sub 80 IQ:

>likes Billy Bob from the hit Middle American cooking shows such as '101 uses of Miracle Whip', 'The Christian Science Behind Potato Salad' and 'Monster Trucks & Roadkill: The Great American Tour'
>Thinks ranch dressing goes on everything
>Constantly refers to over-spicing meals as 'flavor town' and ranch dressing as 'finishing garnish'
>Says 'Wa la' when the TV dinner is ready
>Thinks anything that isn't slathered in bacon bits, buffalo sauce or ranch dressing is un-american and thus inedible
>Is still enacting a personal emargo on France for not supporting the US war against Iraq in 2003
>Inhabit flyover states

Cunt.

If you don't have to settle for the expectations of the lower classes why should you? If going out for a belly buster is your idea of a good time have at it. But if you can do better than that there's really no reason to settle for it, unless gluttony is your thing.

>topkeks
back to your containment board poltard

do americans really do this?

>Colorado

flyover

>kek

troisetoiles.de/2017/05/25/restaurant-gordon-ramsay-post-smyth-aera/

a recent meal in one of G R´s 3 star restaurants.

Just because you fly there doesn't mean anyone else wants to.

coasters are just salty from the oceans

you might go to a restaurant to eat the food
I go to a restaurant to taste the food

>everything I like is good
>everything I don't like is bad
Great post.

>sugar

triggered

>muh pol boogeymen

This one isn't remotely pol related, fucking hell stephen.

Just the coastalcucks.

>ignores the huge influx of people who have moved there in the last couple years beacuse of DUDE WEED
Please hang yourself

Colorado is one of the fastest growing states in the US, retard. People that bought houses there 8 years ago or less have seen their value double in some areas. Not every state located in flyoverland is like MS.

CO is the healthiest state, probably because your moron-trap coastal dystopias are more densely packed with niggers and spics (the fattest people on Earth and the only reason USA is in the top 30 fattest countries).

>voluntarily going to LA

>I willingly pay $20 for a single scallop

Euros are fucking retarded.

It's as if were on the internet.

Here comes the Colorado Internet Defense Force.

No one cares about your flyover state with cheap real estate.

Pretty sure he says that because these restaurants are going out of business and they're making large portions of sub-par food.

>9 courses and 4 desserts after

Except he's literally never complained about that and more than often he's telling them there's not enough

There actually is a few epsiodes. They were basically giving retardedly large portion sizes to customers.

i fixed your map, la scum

as a transplant in CO. I like other places better. CO doesn't have any food scene whatsoever. Buncha losers out here

and yes, majority is DUDE WEED

>waaaah Americans are fat and stupid, now excuse me while I pay 150 dollars for a raw plate of scallops

why are all non Americans kids insecure losers with superiority complexes? even people in the fucking U.S. aren't this delusional

>pay 150$ for a meal
>still hungry.
>have to buy some hot pockets on the way back home

this is why I always go for Chinese/Thai places, they always serve large portion.

>likes Gordon Ramsay
>IQ over 100

>likes
Still says likes. Not in 4th grade.

>diner
>restaurant

Pick one.

whats your bmi

I've spent $20-$30 for a meal and still came out hungry. But spending $50-$100? Have yet to come out hungry. I think the real thieves are these non-stared places putting on airs with prices that exceed single Michelin stared places.

>London
Do they even have food?

Why did his daughter have to grow up, I really wanted to fuck her when she was this age.

>overheads don't exist

>LA
>not a flyover
pick none you faggot

Sea level Flatlander scum detected