Go to expensive ass restaurant

>Go to expensive ass restaurant
>You have to cut your own food
>Wielding big knives at a family dinner
>Sound of clattering on the plates

How do Europeans justify this?

I dunno but I like the handle on that Shun.

So, you have to have your waiter cut your steak into itty-bitty bites like mommy does for you?

If I'm paying over 100 dollars he had better fucking chew it for me too.

Are you asking why the restaurant doesn't cut your food? Aren't you allowed to use cutlery or something?

Why the fuck not? I came here to relax, not do more pheasant work

>Why the fuck not?
this is obviously bait, but hey, why not?

1) the steak will cool down faster and lose it's juices if it's pre-cut. Cut it as you eat it.

2) there's nothing quite like the feeling of cutting into a nicely cooked steak. Who wants to miss out on that?

So you spend your time foraging for food and laying eggs?

>be American
>Save up enough to take family on European vacation
>Get off plane in London
>Applaud nonstop from the moment we land until we reach baggage claim
>Get out of airport around dinner time
>Decide to have the national dush of England, fish and chips
>go to a "halal chippy"
>theses Bongs have such colorful language
>the man behind the counter is clearly deformed, with crooked yellow teeth, and is wearinf a small white fedora
>Tip him £15 and order 4 meals of fish and chips for my family and I
>Waitress comes to our table with a huge tray
>She slaps two whole, fully grown Atlantic haddock and a half-dozen whole potatoes on our table
>None of these have been cut, cleaned, or processed in any way
>But they have been battered and deep-fried
>Waitress plops down a bunch of fucking butcher's cleavers next to the food
>"Enjoy yous meal guv'nah!" she sqwauks and sprints away before I can say anything
>mfw I leave a £45 tip and applaud before leaving the restaurant

why don't you just butcher the animal yourself sweetie :)

You make some good points, but I was arguing more about the waiter part, not the food part.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth you know

Cutting ones own food with the european style of switching between the fork and knife in the right hand encourages slow eating and conversation during a meal

>the european style of switching between the fork and knife in the right hand
No passport: the post.

>cut your own food
You mean like regular adults? The horror!

>>be American
>>Save up enough to take family on European vacation

Lol @ thinking 'mericans still have any savings.

>>>be American

Crushed by university debt for the next 20 years

Crushed by national debt for the next 75 years

> How do I Canadian?

>there's nothing quite like the feeling of cutting into a nicely cooked steak. Who wants to miss out on that?
Me because it's a pain in the ass.
>steak undercooked
>have to saw through it for an hour with dull restaurant knives
>the fat is basically rubber and doesn't cut
>would rather take a bite out of the whole steak than fuck around for an hour trying to saw it up

wtf? @ your fucking president doubling your national debt in one fucking term?

And you people fucking make fun of Venezuela?

Fucking hell.
Is it really this bad?
Kind of scary if true.

>Obama's first term was 2008 to 2012
>Char clerarly shows the national debt increased from around 10.5 trillion to 16.1 trillion
>"Doubling"
No but I do make fun of foreign education.

Trips confirm the USA for a toxic debt fuelled, consumerist wasteland.
The rot is terminal.

The US can only sustain debt as long as we keep printing money...

And we can only keep printing money as long as the dollar is the world reserve currency...

But that is changing as we speak...

If we can't print our way out of debt anymore, then it means we'll actually have to pay it off...

Then we're fucked...

I for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords

>pheasant work

Im aware most people in europe dont actually eat that way but switching the fork to the right hand to take a bite is referred to as the european style while keeping the fork in your left is called the american style

Are you for cereal?

I fucking wish I've never had this happen Europeans are right

They do that in Europe? That's gross.

why does that Tabasco bottle have a knife?

PHEASANT WORK!

PHEASANT WORK!

PHEASANT WORK!

PHEASANT WORK!

It's called "cutlery" and it's how most people prefer to eat. If you don't like it, I'm sure there's nuggets on the childrens' menu for you

>retard right doesn't understand concept of slope
>mfw the slope flattens under Obama

>pheasant work

British can't do food. Gotta go to Italy or even Germany for that good shit.
>inb4 Gordon Ramsey
>inb4 other celebrity kitchen bitches
The average British restaurant food is rubbish.

>wielding big knives at a family dinner
>having untrustworthy, unfilial europeans in your family
this is how

>steak undercooked
>fat is basically rubber
Stop eating at cheap """"""steakhouses"""""" like Logan's and Texas Roadhouse, you dumb fucking chimp.
I guarantee even your average retard can follow a "how to cook a good steak" video and shit out something way better than places like that give you.

It's not. Europeans keep the fork in the left hand. Switching the fork to the right hand is purely an American affectation.

You're too young to remember 2008? How can you be here?

>t. ESL

allow me to tard rage abot how dumb this is for a moment plz. if you are right handed, we will assume you are gonna have your fork in your right hand when you eat vegetables and shit ok. so you are switching utensils when you pick up the knife in your right hand int eh first place. so your supposed to eat the rest of the food with your fork in your non dominant hand and leave the knife in your dominant hand which you wont use that much once the food is cut up just to appease some kind of englishter? if i was having brunch with some kind of english i would go out of my way to have something to cut up, and pick up the knife with my LEFT hand and keep the fork in my right hand and awkwardly saw the food apart while im clickin and clankin and dropping shit off the plate everywhere. that would prolly blow some minds huh. oh well who cares.

You have bad eyes bruh. The slope got steeper.

>if you are right handed, we will assume you are gonna have your fork in your right hand when you eat vegetables and shit ok.

What hand you are doesn't matter a damn bit. You have two utensils (knife and a fork), and only one preferred hand. So no matter what you're going to be holding one of your utensils in your off hand.

>>and awkwardly saw the food apart while im clickin and clankin and dropping shit off the plate everywhere
You grow out of that phase when you're a young child. Using your off hand to eat is a great way to learn better dexterity in that hand. If you are constantly switching to whatever feels easiest for you then you won't learn to use your off hand as effectively.

Made my day user ty