Scam foods thread

What are some things that should be avoided by anyone who cares about their grocery budget? Pic related;
>$3 for 12.5 ounce can
>almost half full of water
>nearly $7 per pound of actual meat

Not to mention it tastes like crap and has the texture of Play-Doh.

Makes you wonder why canned tuna manages to be pretty cheap compared to frozen.

Canned tuna doesn't need to be 1 chunk of meat
It's essentially the scraps from the good parts

So that's why canned tuna tastes like cat food.

Sure its overpriced but its ready to eat and you can make it work if you season the shit out of it. I season it with taco seasoning in a bit of water and use it for quesadilla.

Is there any merit to canned tuna? I love tuna so should I just stick to pouches?

They're the same, just in a different package. You have shit taste user.

Whats a better cheap fish food? I buy cooked shrimps sometime from my local joint but theyre $7-8 a pound $$$$

Tilapia and cod are cheap, you can get a couple pounds of some good frozen filets by for around the same price as that pound of shrimp. Their flesh is mild and sweet, so they can accept a lot of different seasonings.

cheap chicken is the most disgusting meat on the planet, even fresh, its one of the few meats where you can tell the difference from organic vs non-organic

>chicken is the worst meat

I agree completely but why are places like KFC and Popeyes who use shit chicken have such expensive prices?

>non-organic chicken

HOKAY

>he doesn't eat chicken-analog silicon-based lifeforms

because they can
autism

If a package of processed imitation cheese has the words 'cheese food' on it, it's mostly vegetable oil and will not melt. it's not cheese but looks very similar and is about a dollar or two cheaper than actual dairy cheese. fuck that shit and fuck the companies that make it even more.

But... there's 28% more, so it's a good deal now.

Potato chips, breakfast cereal, lots of bagged and boxed goods come in packages that are way too big. make sure you understand what you're buying

apart from the other suggestions, crab sticks are a surprisingly good deal if you don't have access to ethnic markets. they're just east asian fish sausage with a red stripe painted down one side.

>canned tuna

To our non-readers in the group, that's a can of chicken.

>avoided by anyone who cares about their grocery budget?

Anything that comes pre-prepared for you.

not 30 our 25, 28 thats how you know it's the real deal.

Have you ever considered the fact that there are many different species of Tuna and the canned Tuna is a different species to ones commonly used for steaks?

Silly organic carbon based life form, when skynet rules the world you will not have the luxury of tasting the difference between chicken and CHICKEN SUBSTITUTE NO. 98.

Measure your words carefully.

>almost half full of water
This is true for canned vegetables too, which is why it's better to get frozen instead.

Swai

>Half-full of water

I ran into a brand that was called Good Day. I thought I was going nuts when it didn't melt.

Aren't vegetables 99% water anyway?