Gluten-Free Food Ideas

Alright so I have celiac disease so I can't eat foods with gluten (wheat, due, barley, most oats unless gluten free).
I'm a hungry skeleton rn and I need food and recipes. I'll take whatever you guys got, though healthy foods are preferable.
If I missed a sticky, it's because I didn't see one when I looked and I'm new here.

Thanks a million and remember, a gluten free diet sucks

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/glutenfree-asian-noodles-121367
therebelplate.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/i-hate-baking-aka-how-to-make-a-banana-flour-mug-bun-for-one/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good luck in your quest for food user

It's a fucking arduous one

I've done a little research on this, and an asian diet is usually pretty good. Just watch out for soy sauce, there's wheat in it. Get Tamari, very similar taste, but be careful with that. I went to go get some and I found out that Kikomen still uses wheat to expand the flavor. Also, almost all noodles have gluten in them, so watch out for that.

thekitchn.com/glutenfree-asian-noodles-121367

Has some listed that are gluten free.

Thanks mi
I know the ropes to what is good to eat and what to watch for, but cooking something worth the time is my problem. This helps.

>Alright so I have celiac disease
no you don't you fucking attention whore

Oh shit I guess that bloodwork, endoscopy, and professional diagnosis of celiac disease was fake and those bowel problems I get from eating wheat was all a ruse.
Thanks for letting me know.

you never had any of that done you fucking malingerer

Whatever makes you feel superior on the internet

Recently saw a recipe for a banana flour mug cake which I want to try, not had the chance yet though.

therebelplate.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/i-hate-baking-aka-how-to-make-a-banana-flour-mug-bun-for-one/

My girlfriend has a wheat allergy and is also dairy-intolerant. Fucking sucks.

I'm approaching this from a weight-gain perspective.
Just eat with a side of fruits and veggies if you want to lighten things up:

Breakfast ideas:
Whole egg omelette with fatty gluten-free breakfast sausage + tall glass of whole milk
Make (or buy) gluten-free granola with tons of high-calorie nuts and seeds. Serve with full-fat milk or on top of full-fat yogurt.
Weight-gain breakfast smoothie: whey powder, peanut butter, banana, whole-milk, fruit, etc.

Lunch/Dinner ideas (Serve every meal with full-fat milk):
Spaghetti bolognese on gluten-free pasta. Use fatty ground meat (70/30) and make sure to add a few splashes of olive oil to the sauce.
Chicken alfredo on gluten-free pasta.
Meat + rice + veggies (Veeky Forums diet)
Chilli (use fatty ground meat) with or without rice
Stew (use fatty stew meat)

Snack ideas:
Dried fruit
Nuts & seeds
Going off of the above: Trail mix (900 calories per measured cup! - Kirkland brand)
Peanut butter in any way you can eat it - on gluten-free crackers, on apple slices, on celery, off of a spoon, etc.

not op but damn user, that soundls lovely

I'm OP and this does sound amazing
Probably going to try this

My dad got this when he was diagnosed as a diabetic. Got a copy for me too, but I don't have much use for it since I'm a vegan.

Anyway it has some good recipes. I make the kale chip one whenever I go to the movies.

please do everyone a favor and never work in the food industry. you'll kill someone

I always found this question to be confusing. Why do people say it's so hard to find something to eat that's gluten free? The vast majority of foods contain zero gluten.. You can eat:
-all fruits
-all vegetables
-any kind of meat, poultry, or fish
-shellfish of any kind
-legumes (beans, lentils, etc.)
-eggs, dairy products (cheese, yogurt, milk, cream, etc.)

The only things you can't eat are bread, pasta, or certain breakfast cereals made from wheat. So where exactly is the problem here? It seems that most recipes are gluten free by default, and the ones that aren't are obvious and easily adapted.

Most of us are creatures of habit and have a relatively repetitive diet (which you can afford to as an omnivore, since meat/dairy/eggs despite their downsides are good at filling nutritional gaps). Yanking a intimately familiar texture and diet element out of our lives hurt. Whether it be meat, bread, pasta or soda.

Call it a lack of maturity if you will, but that changes little.

>Yanking a intimately familiar texture and diet element out of our lives hurt.

I can see that. I fucking love bread so I'd be pretty upset if my doctor told me I couldn't eat it anymore. But being upset about being unable to eat a beloved food is a totally different thing than being unable to find gluten-free foods.

He didn't say "gluten allergy", sounds legit to me.

OP here
What sucks about celiac disease and being gluten free is how the alternatives are crap. The texture of the food and the taste is bland. You would think that it isn't too bad and you'd be right and wrong, but it is especially bad when stuff you have to give up is replaced by B- grade alternatives if even that. It's not fun.