What's the deal with oysters?

what's the deal with oysters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4Yj-baShEY
articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-06-10/entertainment/bal-the-rmonth-rule-for-eating-oysters-20140610_1_oysters-r-rule-refrigeration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

salty sea boogers

this + bacteria

they give you the shits

They're delicious.

But, this is seasonally off-topic anyway. Oysters should only be eaten in months that contain "R". (Unless you live in the southern hemisphere I suppose. )

>Oysters should only be eaten in months that contain "R"
So then June is a safe month because it is 六月?

get them from a reputable vendor and vibro won't be a problem

Nope.

I posted this recipe in a topic a little while back

You need

Champagne vinegar
Chopped chives
Minced shallots
Cracked black pepper

Oysters
Caviar(you can use the real stuff if you're a millionaire, or just use the cheaper fish roe)

Mix the first 4 ingredients together to make a dressing. Steam the oysters(or just shuck them if you prefer them raw)

Remove the oyster and place on a half-shell. Top with the dressing and a small dab of caviar.

To eat, just pick up the shell and slide the whole thing into your mouth at once.

I could really go for this stuff right now, but Publix only occasionally carries oysters, and I'd have to drive 30 minutes to get the caviar.

who knows

Mix horseradish and cocktail sauce, more horseradish than cocktail. Small dollop on oyster, knock it back. Fucking delicious.

Love em but they give me intense stomach cramps everytime. Had em in three different places

They're the most incredible food in existence.

it irritates me that its not always served well. bad experiences include shell in the liquor, serving it luke warm, and washing the liquor out with water. the only place i know that does it flawlessly is harrys in delaware. a bad raw oyster is not fun to eat. a well prepared oyster is amazing, with a little horseradish. it amazes me just how something so fucking simple can be fucked up by small errors

I love that they're briney and chewy and cold and salty, it's a great combination of flavor and texture

antiquated rule. retail oysters are pasturized and most communities with heavy recreational shellfishing test the waters in the summer.

'liu yue' doesnt have an r

Wrong. The only pasteurized oysters are the kind sold in jars. For fresh oysters, in their shell,the rule still applies. I live in a major oyster farm area, and they use summertime for seeding and such, even they stick to the "r" rule, as do all the restaurants around here. But by all means, go ahead and risk getting sick.

They give you nightmares
youtube.com/watch?v=o4Yj-baShEY

Oysters rockefeller are delicious

>Unless you live in the southern hemisphere I suppose
when can we eat oysters?
for xmas every year my family does raw oysters and kilpatricks

Egg ad flour+oyster crackers, then deep fry that shit.

I also live in a major oyster farm area. Not baltimore though. The rule may apply to seeding but not for eating.

articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-06-10/entertainment/bal-the-rmonth-rule-for-eating-oysters-20140610_1_oysters-r-rule-refrigeration

Oysters boost the shit out of your testosterone.

I buy these cans buy the dozen. Never ate fresh oysters, what is the difference?

If you eat oysters caught that day, it's no comparison.

i love the fuckers, but ive twice had food poisoning from bad ones..............really puts you off, shame cos theyre good