Suppose the farmer's market was closed again...

Suppose the farmer's market was closed again. To what extent would you consider halal meats to be an ethically acceptable alternative to the sustainable, ethically raised meats that you usually get? Please understand, most halal butchers are not part of the CAFO carnist system.

To the extent that I enjoy lamb.

does anyone actually enjoy lamb or is it one of those things like ducks or rabbits where people pretend in order to seem "unique"?

lamb is just a shitty, gnarly, tough, expensive version of beef that smells like an old sweater

>in b5 /pol/

Meat Minimalist, I don't care about animals. I buy meat from the farmer's market because it tastes better, but if they're closed, I'll buy whatever's cheap at the grocery store.

>he doesn't like lamb OR duck

Jeez, man.

>ethically
nah, bleeding out is a kinda shitty way to go, thankfully >animal ethics >2017
>fresh from an actual butcher rather than nitro-packed half a state away and shuffled around for a week, may taste like something, price isn't being driven up to the $8 a pound for fucking chuck steak that "muh 8oz protein a meal" white people have caused at all the local grocery stores
yespls. the halal butcher for mutton and exotic beef cuts is a stop on my weekly list right after the chinese market for pork and fish.

>To what extent would you consider halal meats to be an ethically acceptable
No extent at all.
If you absolutely need to have meat, at the very least don't get kosher/halal animals that were slaughtered unstunned.

Here's an exercise for you guys.

Next time you go to a butchers/supermarket- ask what is halal. You will be suprised....

How's a valid ethical question for food /pol/

Any by that I mean ask which meats they are selling which are halal.

Apparently lamb taste like shit when overcooked.

Only time I had it was when I made keftas and it was delicious.

>Ethically acceptable meat (an idea often associated with liberals)
>Halal
Reeks of a /pol/ack trying to bait other /pol/acks

When you're rules-lawyering "good way to be killed for someone's momentary enjoyment" and "bad way to be killed for someone's momentary enjoyment", it reeks of lack of perspective, weaponized autism, and suggestive subtext hidden about as well as a HS sophomore's boner in his bball shorts as he watches the cheerleaders practice.

And if you're assuming Veeky Forums are farmer's market lurkers who prioritize sustainable and ethically raised meat, you're probably not from here, which does leave us picking from a shortlist of places likely to crossboard raid.

>going to the farmer's market to buy meat

>the sustainable, ethically raised meats that you usually get
This is funny joke.

Into the factory farm you go, chickens and pigs. Your suffering is surly worth $2 a pound less in price.

holy fucking shit, never post here again

>hates lamb and duck
I'm sorry.

It's fucking delicious mate. Duck too. Not a fan of rabbit though. However for some lamb and duck is more of an acquired taste because they see it as a different version of beef / chicken.

BTFO
T
F
O

>everyone should have the same attitudes about food as I do or they're a nazi
Ok

when i come to local FARMER MARKET THERE ARE ONLY WEIRD PEOPLE who are trying to buy "natooral" and "no gmo" without any "artificial flavours"
I COME to FAMRER'S MARKET TO BUY RARE VEGETABLES(especially round cucumbers-they are rare and this is the only thing which is affordable and which i can put it up my ass)

I'm curious, what other rare vegetables I can put up my ass?

OP

Halal, just like kosher, is a way of ensuring food service jobs for Muslims/Jews. It artificially restricts the market to get the religions a foothold in society.

maybe if i grew up on lamb or duck as a staple meat i'd be sick of it, but since it's less than an occasional meal for me I love the gamey flavors.

Fuck no, supporting halal shit is literally supporting terrorism. If moderate muslism want to live in the west they need to assimilate or they can fuck off back to their retrograde nations and cultures.

Oh look, was right.

I'm a lolbertarian, I don't browse /t_d/

I've seen how halal shops get their meat. Unrefrigerated stinking vans covered in blood and worse. Never buy from them.

I love lamb, but you need to get it from a butcher who A. Can source good lamb and B. knows how to butcher it.

You also need to know how to cook it; if lamb is tough, you're doing it round.