Has anyone tried the Impossible Burger...

Has anyone tried the Impossible Burger? There's a place locally that just started selling them and I wanna know what I'm in for.

Other urls found in this thread:

impossiblefoods.com/burger/
youtube.com/watch?v=CHayzP41CLc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that the vegetarian "burger" that claims to be impossible to distinguish from meat or something like that? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Nowhere here sells them.

What is it?

I want to try it just to see what it's about, but then again I don't want to enable them with my money if it's bad. We'll call it a draw.

It's supposedly a very realistic plant based meat burger
impossiblefoods.com/burger/

Autism.

Saw some youtuber eat one

Apparently it's amazing, but he was quite likely paid to say that.

OP here. Decided to take the plunge.

yo is it any good?

I've had it

looks and feels like real meat, but the taste isnt quite there.

not a vegetarian so I dont know how it compares to other veggie burgers

Tastes very beefy. Like legit beef. Not fake beef. Texture needs work. The charred surface feels and tastes like it's supposed to but the middle feels off. It's spongy and feels too soft to be real meat.
8/10 - impressed with the product and would eat again. Definitely the best plant based meat substitute I've ever tasted.

oh shit I think this is the burger mai waifu ate

youtube.com/watch?v=CHayzP41CLc

>"waaah i wanna eat beef eat but can't because of muh morals"

I seriously hate shit like this like, what's the point?

You literally said the point.

What is the price point compared to a regular burger? Been curious about them but haven't seen them in my area.

Not him, but no he did not. Try this

>"waaaah i wanna murder homeless people but can't because of muh morals"

And your answer is "Have you tried fake-murdering someone?". It's nonsensical.

Whats wrong with that? In either case, no death occurs where it otherwise would have.

A better anology would be "wahhh I wanna murder people but I can't cause muh morals" "well have you tried murdering the homeless"

Is it? Cause some people do this. Some men and women also like rape roleplaying.

It's just a niche, nothing to get upset about. A lot of vegan/vegetarian patties don't go out of their way to emulate meat. Black bean burgers, the classical vital wheat gluten patties with chunks of vegetables etc. To each his own.

Additionally, the process of using cows to turn plants, bacteria, and fungi into meat takes a lot of resources and causes a lot of pollution.
What I am really waiting for is when we master the technology to grow real meat in vats and 3D print our cuts of meat for much less cost than animal grown meats.

>"waaah i wanna eat beef eat but can't because of muh morals"
>I seriously hate shit like this like, what's the point?
The point is probably something along the lines of "i wanna eat beef eat but can't because of muh morals".

Average price of a burger at the place I got mine at is around $8.75. The Impossible Burger was $14. They're definitely going to have to work on that price-point if they're going to gain market share.
I bought it mostly out of curiosity. I'm definitely a meat eater otherwise. I believe they are marketing this product to meat eaters not only to prove a point that they're confident in the quality of their product but also because it's a healthier and more environmentally friendly alternative to cow meat that won't offend the taste buds of people that are used to eating the real thing.
At the end of the day it's a unique product among the meat alternatives on the market. If they can fix the texture and get the price down, I really think it could be a game-changer.

I think the whole point of this burger is to create "meat" using less resources so that everyone could enjoy beef flavored stuff

It might be more expensive now but the goal is for the prcess to become cheaper than producing real meat

If it uses less resources, why is it more expensive?

Uses less natural resources. Uses much more intellectual resources. Pretty sure the extra money is going towards research and development.

Even if 100,000 of these are consumed instead of real burgers, what if the intellectual resource (human) goes and buys a private jet?

Collectively, all of the humans and resourcees to manufacture the jet would amount to much more than 100,000 burgers worth of environmental consumption. Hell, the employees required for building and researching the parts for the jet alone would consume more than 100,000 burgers.

Seems like it's just a reallocation of burger consumption one further step away from the silly people that would fund this endeavor.

An analogy would be the cost and resources and resources required for designing, building, and manufacturing solar panels.
Initially the cost is more expensive and requires more resources than alternatives, but as time passes the return on investment increases and after passing a threshold solar panels become a much more cost effective alternative.

Keep dreaming, give your money to assholes selling garbage if you want to.

There's plenty of ways to make tasty food without meat.
Trying to make meat substitutes is just plain fucking retarded.

>very realistic
It's not. Vegans rave that it is because it "bleeds" but they wouldn't very fucking well know what meat tastes like.
People who try it out of curiosity but arent vegans remark it as "good, but nothing like real beef"

Imagine telling that to the first people to develop artificial sweeteners.
>There's plenty of ways to make tasty food without sugar.
That's basically what we're looking at right now with this product. Sure it's not needed, but there's a huge market for it and if it takes hold it has the potential to be a good thing for everybody except the beef producers.

If it's shit just get a refund, or even write to the company. But to not buy something for fear of the potential of it, something is wrong with you.

OP here with an update. Ever since impossible burger, I have had the nastiest farts.

that doesn't look like a burger

big if true

my vegan girlfriend described it as "close enough to be tasty, not close enough to be creepy"

apparently the texture is perfect but the flavour isn't quite there yet

thats literally what video games are

> for everybody except the beef producers.
And people who like beef.
Artificial sweeteners are literally only used by people who cant stop from chugging down 30 gallons of sugar water a day, or people irrationally afraid of sugar.
And diabetics I guess.

Why are they assholes

Sounds like a benefit