Good morning, co/ck/ suckers

Good morning, co/ck/ suckers.

What are you eating?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ohte57763KY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bought some fancy looking beef at the supermarket. Think it was called Matshisuka or something. The butcher recommended I use A1 steak sauce on it so i did. Was really good!

I'm gonna make steak and eggs in an hour or so. Wish I had chives on hand.

First time on Veeky Forums and I piss people off...what gives? Should I have taken a photo after I cooked it?

Pure diabetes. I stuffed the French toast with whipped strawberry cream cheese.

>whipped strawberry cream cheese

I'm eating these, like ... 2 an hour... I think I'm going to die.
youtu.be/Ohte57763KY

Purist faggots.

Dont worry about it, most people, including me, think meat is just generally better without sauce and sauce should be kept on the side rather than with the steak, but you do you user. Sounds good to me, too.

I used a shortcut with this shit and a bit of sugar. If you want to cook your own syrup with strawberries, water, and sugar, it'd give it a "fuller" flavor. I'm lazy as fuck at 7 am, though so this works to. Bakeries would have easier bread to work with, but I'm fond of this bread.

Nice hack user.

If you want to go the alton brown route, You can replace the storebought syrup with your own.

just throw one part water, one part sugar, two parts quartered strawberries. mix the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the liquid is crystal clear, then throw in the strawberries and bring it to a boil for about 10 minutes. Bring it to a simmer, and then reduce. You can make it as thick as you like, but if you are mixing in whip cream you should go on the lighter side. Easy strawberry syrup.

I like your Reddit frog, user.

I was thinking of doing that, but to make strawberry lemonade. I've had complete shit luck finding good strawberries for 2 weeks now, though.

That sucks man, suprising too considering they are in season right now.

But yeah, strawberry syrup is an awesome thing to throw around to taste.

Another good syrup is mint. With mint syrup you can make some wicked lemonade and iced tea.

Its also good in cocktails.

>Mint syrup

That sounds amazing. Same cooking instructions as the strawberries? Because I've got a ton of tea and lemons laying around.

To

Basically the same but its quicker. throw in the mint leaves with the sugar at the start, and boil it only until the sugar dissolves, while stirring, then simmer until right consistancy. Generally keep it on the watery side. filter out the leaves and you got yourself some awesome flavor for drinks.

You want to heat up the leaves with the water, so flavor is actually extracted instead of just cooking them.

I'm keeping this. Thanks user!

Do you blanch your mint leaves first? How green does this thing get?

I dont know how well it does with frozen herbs, but I do not see why not.

You do not want it to be old though, thats for certain. Fresher = better here.

When I make it I use mint leaves from a plant in my garden.

I wouldn't lose any flavor by blanching? I want my syrup to be as concentrated as possible. Why blanch?

Oh, nevermind, im retarded. Just looked it up.

Go for it!

I would go by taste, its hard to aproximate.

Usually when I was done it was about the same greenness as an apple.

POH-TAH-TOES