Last night I finally had my very first flat iron steak, cooked a perfect medium rare. What did I think of it?

Last night I finally had my very first flat iron steak, cooked a perfect medium rare. What did I think of it?

You probably thought to yourself
>I should have just gotten a ribeye

nigger it's like less than half the price

Get a job nigger

sure

and i'll get more money from that job if i don't spend it on ribeye steaks

I was at a longhorn steakhouse and trying to decide between a ribeye and a flat iron. i always go with the ribeye though. what am i missing?

>What did I think of it?
you hated it, i remember you told me

Steak is over priced. $12 a pound on sale. Fuck that.

ribeye will likely be the better of the two cuts. they're both well-marbled and flavourful but ribeye has more varied muscle structure. flatiron is less expensive so you can get a really good steak off a more expensive animal for the same price.

>Steak is over priced. $12 a pound on sale.
Hahahaha you sweet summer child.

>not buying half a cattle every year from your neighbor and filling your freezer

With steak, you want to make every bite count. That's why I use A-1 Steak Sauce. A-1 brings out every single bite of steak or even hamburger. Mmmmm, delicious. For me, there's only one steak sauce, A-1. Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count.

Idiot. Twice the flavor and satisfaction too. Flat iron steaks are tender but have zero flavor.

Flyover privilege.

>Flat iron steaks are tender but have zero flavor.
You have no idea what a flat iron is...

Actually I do. It's cut from the same place as the Chuck etc. Shoulder tender, flat irons etc are nice and tender but again unless you add flavor there is none. Nice try dipshit

Literally everyone disagrees with you about the flavor..it's deep and mineral rich.

they're the opposite of how you're describing them user. they're a working cut with good marbling, obviously they have flavour.

Another one from Thomas Keller. You have no idea what you're babbling about. I shake my head at this place sometime.

Ask a butcher bub.

na, I'll take the word of a 7 starred michelin chef with pages of other accolades. But nice try, dipshit.

don't take anyone's words, for fuck's sake, use what's in your head

>being so poor you have to freeze meat

I've eaten flatiron. It's chewy and mineral like, very beefy. it's from a well used muscle so it's what you'd expect. Stop being stupid.

i agree with you you fat eared snotty turd, i'm saying, arguments about whose 'opinion you should trust' are boring as fuck

Flatiron is massively underrated because people who don't know to make a good steak overcook the shit out of them

>citing sources is dum.

I miss when Veeky Forums would post/share a shit ton of cookbooks. Now it's youtube shit retards like the flatiron is "tender and flavorless" guy