Go to "authentic" mexican restaurant

>go to "authentic" mexican restaurant
>every dish is beans and rice with some meat and shitty lettuce dumped on a plate
Nice cousine you got there.

Actual mexican dishes are more like some strings of beef or chicken, one piece of tomato, on a very small tortilla soaked in oil and then a squeeze of lime juice.

I don't get why they even bother with a "salad" -- its always just plain iceberg lettuce and tomatoes, no onions or dressing, and its always warm because they don't use a seperate plate.

restaurant?
just looks like border taco shop stuff, not really authentic

>cousine
yeah thanks

Post some pics of authentic food then.

yes

their entire cuisine is the same 6 foods rearranged/fired/stuffed

Actually it's mostly seafood. Clearly you've never been to mexico.

>Clearly you've never been to mexico.
I enjoy having my head attached to my body

>Actually, it's mostly seafood
That's pure bullshit. Most Mexican people live too far away from the coast to acquire fresh seafood. In Northern and Central Mexico, people eat way much more chicken, pork, or beef than shrimp or fish.

That looks like a nuclear accident.

all you need is tortillas and this wouold be tacos or burritos

this expensive jamaican place near me does it too, even adds shitty ranch dressing from a bottle. I go there for the meat and to a lesser extent, rice. just leave it at that.

Anything can be turned into a taco, or a torta (a Mexican sandwich). So what?

>>all you need is tortillas and this wouold be tacos or burritos
Just like most American dishes would be sandwiches if you added bread.

>not adding a cheap as fuck staple carb to your meal
OK mr moneybags

This......

tbqh though senpai, Chili rellanos are pretty amazing....only thing decent from spic cuisine

I don't deny the food is good

it just gets old if you eat it more than once per week

Look op...
If the sign on the restaurant says "authentic"...it's not. Everything on that plate except the bagged salad and cheese was microwaved after being scooped from a #10 can.

> The shredded lettuce meme

For what purpose? Is it a salad?

It wasn't the sign but the reviews.

That's why you're better off saving your money and going to Taco Bell.
>for me it is the volcano quesarito

Dude, just buy a pack of tortillas over at your local supermarket, heat them up on a pan, open a can of pinto or black beans, and season 'em with some chili powder. It's much cheaper than any taco you can get at Taco Bell.

If only Taco Bell had margaritas. There would be literally no reason to go anywhere else.

Tex Mex is the best thing to come from Mexican food.

THEY DONT FUCKING MAKE THE VOLCANO SHIT ANY MORE WHERE I LIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

seriously, the volcano burritos/quesaritos were the best things at taco bell.

same could be said about all cuisines

Not American cuisine.

america is white bread, corn syrup and hormone meat

find a place that makes mole. My friends grandma used to make a mole every sunday and it was the best thing ever.

When the restaurant calls itself authentic, its just to trick white people op.

kek rekt

that's clearly not real Mexican food

Well yea, tortillaa were like forks back in the day.

>lime juice
why do you amerifats believe lime juice is a pilar of our cuisine? It's actually small green lemons juice that we use mostly

This is goat Mexican food.

School shark empanadas

>make a steak
>use Mexican words on it
>Mexican"cousins"
Wew lad

Chapulin taco. A small tasty grasshopper.

>Mole Sauce
Truly one of the best.

Wtf are you talking about? Truly bait. I saw limón in Mexico. I didn't see lemons at all. Lemons are not grown in Mexico.
I love most of

>The term carne asada literally translates to "grilled meat".
>usually skirt, flank or flap steak.

>"Mexican words"

If this isn't trolling then please proceed to the microwave with your hot pockets please.

That's "chiles en nogada" btw.

Tortas. Yea they are pretty different than sandwiches.

yeah but the cheese sauce tho

Cecina, salted beef dried in the sun. Be careful though, it can be dangerous. It's original fr spain I think, but It's pretty common here.

Then what the fuck is pic related? i'm mexican, i actually know what i'm talking about and those are lemons or limones in spanish, unless the definition of lime and lemon i was taught is wrong then i have no idea what you call a lemon and a lime.

Tamalea. They can be sweet or salty.
La gente piensa que nuestros limones son limas pues son más ácidos.

De eso es lo que me estoy dando cuenta, después de una breve busqueda en google, pinches gringos pendejos, traten de usar nuestros limones en lugar de limas y van a tener una muy mala experiencia

This is a rule violation.

Fuck it, you pissed me off

Those are limes..

Hakuna your ta-ta's.

>mexicans sperging out about fruit and posting pics of their shitty peasant "cuisine"

No one cares faggs. Well maybe that autistic janitor who deletes pepes.
We have "Mexican lemons" which are small and acidic. Limes are more aromatic and bigger.
Ignorant post.

I love Mexican food. It's all delicious. I never get tired of it.

Free clue: Taco Hell is NOT Mexican food!

Looks like key lime.

You measure a Mexican restaurant by the spic to gringo ratio.

I live in the 'burbs of a mid-sized Southern city. The only Spics we have are all illegals. When I go to the Mexican joint I like, I am the only gringo in the place; everyone else is some 5'2" Mexican covered in paint or mud. Most of the staff doesn't speak English. The food is fucking fantastic though. They treat me like a King b/c I'm a gringo that orders lengua and cachete. The first time, they said "are you sure you know what that is?". I replied "Hay buena carne en la cara".

This kinda stories make me cringe.

Try eye and "buche".

Superior Oaxacan dish.
Gringos will never know.

how are tlacoyos?

Just imagine a baja blast margarita. Oh lordy.

They are simple but fill you up.

>hurr look at me, I'm an alt-right badass who calls people spics

are you from Oaxaca? do you know where Puerto Escondido is?

hey bruh can you pls post a picture of the glory bird? How you been?

Did you mean Italian?

In Oaxaca...

total bullshit

Tex mex is shit m8, even worse when salvadoreans do it an call it authentic mexican

And it seems you neither, seafood is like 1/4 of all our cousine

well, i mean, have you been there?

dad moved there and i'm visiting in the fall

i'd like your recommendations on Oaxacan cuisine, please!

The green one is far superior

It's a tourist place so it isn't really that authentic. Go the capital city for a richer culinary experience. Try bitchside local restaurants if you are in puerto though, specially those who have catch of the day.

>Nice cousine you've got there
But doesn't she look almost exactly like Laura Palmer?

Mine used to make red mole at our birthdays, it was the best part of my birthdays, she's been dead for two years, this years i almost killed myself

/thread

Ps. Go to the markets and sit in a place that looks relatively clean. Try "tlayuda con asiento", "chapulines" and "mole"

Kek Oaxaca is card-cloning-ville and its normalista zone, the food is good but a doña pelos in mexico city can do the same

I didn't said it was safe, but its more authentic. Also, there a lot of mushroom eating gringo hippies for it to have safe zones in the town center.

Don't try chapulines. They're a meme no one actually eats them.

I eat them.

What do they taste like?

Salty and delicious, a good snack. Try some tortilla with spread guacamole and lemon for a delicious treat.

>>hurr look at me, I'm an alt-right badass who calls people spics

Nope, Libertarian / Classical Liberal that supports an extensive guest worker visa program. I would actually like to be able to deport the "alt-right" dipshits that can't comprehend the concept of the average of an aggregation.

>buche
I am used to stomach being called tripa. I like it in menudo, but I never really liked the texture of beef stomach.

>Classical Liberal

>authoritarian trendie

>taking memes from the internet seriously

Taxes are theft? Yeah yeah tell it to the judge kid.