Do you grill a fish whole or fillet?

Do you grill a fish whole or fillet?

I don't eat foul-tasting third world foods because I don't have any white guilt

I prefer whole but i'm scared of the bones.

Whole.

...Not knowing whites have been eating fish for as long as we've been boiling snow. I mean shit look at those nasty ass Viking foods.

I've always eaten fillets.

Drinkin' beer and cookin' a whole freshly caught fish on a stick over the fire is one of life's simple pleasures. I'm truly sorry you let myopia and politics dictate your gastronomy.

Stop watching leftist travel food "documentaries" and get some real food, pussy

>cattle rearing and firearms aren't a major part of several African and Muslim nomadic tribes

Seems like you are the non-white here bucko.

>well done
>steak is less than 1 inch thick
Yuck

I've always had fillets, but after spending time here, I want to grill a whole fish with the organs removed. Walleyes are abundant around here and are the most delicious fish I've ever eaten, so I should try it with one of those.

Walleye are some of the best freshwater fish, bar none. This thread makes me want to go fishing now.

make sure you oil it up before tossing it on the grill. Fish is notoriously sticky

I'll try to remember that. Had a lot of problems in the past with sticky salmon skin.

Whole fish is the best. The bones definitely give it a lot more flavor.

>"real food"
>thin cut overcooked dry steak with garbage searing
>BUT LOOK HOW MANLY I AM I DRINK SHITTY CHEAP WHISKEY AND TAKE PICTURES OF MY PEA SHOOTERS

Depends on the fish ya dummy. Trout, tilapia, bass, and perch get grilled whole. Anything else gets filleted.

Nice job on destroying an already shitty steak Autismo

Depends on the fish and the occasion.

If I want it to look all nice-nice, obviously filets, but if I'm "celebrating fish", grilling up something not really worth filleting, or cooking for people who don't mind the look of a fish with the head on, I'll just do a basic cleaning.

I like whole because it makes me feel like a cavemen.

Fillet because they carry too many nasty parasites these days

is depend on the fish ey
bones and skin both allow the flesh to stay moist and flavoursome whilst cooking
so stuff like trout is perhaps better done whole
whilst larger and oilier fish can be nice as a filet

another good thing about keeping fish whole is that once gutted they can be stuffed with herbs, lemon, butter, and suchlike to tasty effect

Why would that matter? Parasites die at a very low temperature. If the fish is cooked then the parasites are dead, whole or fillet.

Nice job going to Walmart and buying a steak you rippling paragon of masculinity

Whole if at all possible.
The bones & skin help keep moisture inside, and provide structural integrity so it's easier to flip without falling apart. The cavities where the guts and gills were can be stuffed with tasty aromatics. Plus the tastiest meat is on the head.

Pretty much this. Outside of a tuna steack or salmon filet while is undisputably the best way to grill fish.
Grilling filet in a pan is okay if you can get your hands on fresh ones and feel a bit lazy. But you need to be attentive to avoid under or overcooking it.

Grilled whole seabass with some kumaras, potatoes and garlic cloves baked in the oven, a bit of salad and all sprinkled with lemon juice is one of the best meals on earth

Recommend these

>An animal has parasites but a portion of it doesnt
???