Strange breads

Came across this half dome bread, so strange with sticky top

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/94864/preserved-thousand-year-old-eggs-in-china-are-even-more-toxic-than-they-sound/
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/unless-you-like-toxic-chemicals-skip-this-chinese-delicacy-696090/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

k. Thanks.

Did it taste good, though?

looks very erotic

It's called a jizz loaf in parts of East Asia.

Looks like a pampushka.

Looks like bao

Tasted savory, sweet and meaty
A bao? I don't know how to pronounce it. Got it from this China immigrant man that spoke few english words but keeping saying good taste.

I was shocked to think red colored pork is edible. Initially I thought it was raw pork when broken open.

Hey new fag welcome to Chinese cuisine. The pork is perfectly cook it isn't raw pic related it's the seasoning it just has a shit tone of red dye.

>Seasoned Chinese bbq pork, also known as char siu.
>bao is simplified Chinese for bread.

A simple use of cayenne and vinegar to get the nice red color is what you need to get that red coat for the meat, then comes for the flavor soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hoisin sauce. It's mainly a liquid base and few spices for it.
Granted yes, those pre-packaged mid for it does contain heavy use of red dyes

>r to get the nice red color is what you need to get that red coat for the meat

Lolno. The red color comes from pic related if you're doing it correctly.

It comes from red food coloring if you aren't.

>cayenne
uhh no chef john chinese bbq is not spicy

So it will make the pork look glazed with that packet?

What spices are used?
Will I gag if I ate that? Doesn't look safe.

that's a really fucking nice 叉燒包

gbread is even, glazed properly, not too much bread inside the bun, lots of nice pieces of meat instead of cheap shreds and gristle

you lucked out for your first try

I guess?

Came across this strange rice soup with black eggs. China immigrant employee said good delicacy and for virility. Is this even edible being black in color?

Here are the eggs I ate around.
Rice soup warmth on a chilly morning. There was small tidbits of meat, possibly pork.

Those look like century eggs. Eat it if youve wanted to try one or reject it, its kind of a strange thing to eat

They are a century old? Shouldn't the FDA do something about this kind of food?

No, that's just the name. They are aged/cured though. Same idea as curing ham or bacon.

>>Shouldn't the FDA do something about this kind of food?

Why? If you like it, buy it. If you don't want to eat it then don't buy it. Simple as that.

>If you like it, buy it. If you don't want to eat it then don't buy it. Simple as that.

SUCH CHINESE, MUCH CANCER, SO PROFIT!

And you thought poisoned rice was bad. Chinese state media reported over the weekend that thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate rather than baking soda to speed up the maturing process.
The black-yolked translucent delicacies are also known as “thousand-year-old eggs,” though they actually only take two months to make—copper sulphate reportedly cut that time by a month. Nanchang produces 300,000 tons of the eggs each year.

> According to a boss at one of the factories, “there won’t be a problem if you don’t eat too many of them.”
>“there won’t be a problem if you don’t eat too many of them.”
>“ if you don’t eat too many of them.”
>"“don’t eat too many of them.”

LOL

Chinese businessman at work

>Chinese state media reported over the weekend that thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate rather than baking soda to speed up the maturing process.
>The black-yolked translucent delicacies are also known as “thousand-year-old eggs,” though they actually only take two months to make—copper sulphate reportedly cut that time by a month.

The Chinese will sell melanine laced toxic baby formula to their own neighbors.

What do you think they're selling to white people?

qz.com/94864/preserved-thousand-year-old-eggs-in-china-are-even-more-toxic-than-they-sound/

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/unless-you-like-toxic-chemicals-skip-this-chinese-delicacy-696090/

Even in China, our parents tell us to never eat more than 2 a day.

that's congee with century egg my man

the congee is what happens when you simmer rice down for a long time. it's plain, hearty, and nutty tasting right?

so you add stuff to it to flavor it. some people put stock in the congee but you also mixed stuff in like century eggs.

they're just regular duck eggs that are preserved by chemical cooking until they turn green and taste like soft cheese. they're tasty as fuck.

would highly recommend buying taiwanese century eggs. they have western health and safety standards.

>duck eggs
>turn green
>Dr. Seuss

Pffttt....chinese cukture

Saw this new item and the chinese man called it a China fly bread and was crispy. I don't know if they meant fry bread but looked interesting.

Here is cross-section of such fry bread.

>wiseass goes to chinese restaurant
>pretends to be retarded
>Veeky Forums actually tries to teach him

what is even the point of this?

thing of it as savory crispy doughnut or something. you should dunk it into soya bean drinks.

Veeky Forums so diverse in knowledge of food and cooking. Legends reside here.

Does dairy milk work too?

that shit is fucking delicious, not gagworthy at all. i love to spoon a chunk of it into hot soup with a bunch of the oil. i's super savory, salty, and wonderful with a strong fermented flavor. i can't remember what it's called, but i got a jar of japanese fermented whole black soybeans and dropping a scoop of those fuckers into miso soup with some spicy pickled cabbage is 10/10

it works. i pretty much dunk it into anything. coffee is a good choice too.

Depends, if it's Made in USA, it's probably safe. If it's Made in China, it's probably full of toxic chemicals and rotten bug parts.

Just overwhelming.

Looks like made in China.

They use red yeast powder and fermented bean curd. Also probably red food coloring.

Interesting wrapped fry bread in rice noodle. Looks like fry bread would become soft and limp. Is this wierd?

My mom told me this bread commemorate 2 lovers that was boiled alive in oil because of a jealous king or something but I loved it as a kid; greasy as fuck though. Taste like crispy dough on the outside and chewy slightly-sweet and soft bread on the inside. Its deep fried dough basically.

Soft on the outside and the bread does get soggy but also very chewy. Great with dipping sauce.

zhaliang is preposterously delicious for such a simple dish

>Came across this half dome bread, so strange with sticky top
Well I mean it's probably sticky because you've came on it.

Chinese people so savage.

I guess carb on carb is ok for China people.

Absolutely disgusting.

So early to find fried rice.
I thought fried rice only available during lunch time? Strange how its available and looks like its got red colored meat.

that looks so fucking gross dude

I'll stick with Americanized Chinese food thanks

Carb on carb is popular throughout the world.

the red meat is cha siu

>but i got a jar of japanese fermented whole black soybeans and dropping a scoop of those fuckers into miso soup with some spicy pickled cabbage is 10/10

I have the korean fermented black bean paste, but here's a protip. You heard it here first, folks.

Put that shit in chili. I'm serious. It adds a depth of flavor similar to worcestershire sauce or dark chocolate but more complex.

does anyone have the flesh bread image that was from here?

this looks like utter shit

>know the difference

>good chinese food

Strange produce found, they taste sweet, sour and slightly astringent. What do they call these? I have never seen Safeway ever carry these.

Lychee

Are these rarest fruit of Asia?

>
>Are these rarest fruit of Asia?
It says products of Mexico.

You want to eat the ones that are very red in color. Lychees are so delicious, probably my favorite fruit.

I don't knwo about rarest, but if you're looking for exotic, I'd go with jackfruit, which is the ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS if a bit rubbery seed coverings of pic related.

You could also try Durian, which are like pic related only smaller and more spiky, which I personally can't stand. Some people say it's incredibly sweet and creamy, but for me it smells like a gas leak, and tastes like raw onion.

Longans are better

just to vent my racism

but it really hurts their image (the chinese) when the best they offer, without any nasty shit added in or shady stuff done in the back of house, is still unremarkable at best.

also chinese tourists. why why why? are these people civilized?

Found this golden triangle, what interesting development.

it's old now, man.

>smells like cum
yeah no

Cross-section of meaty pocket goodness.

wtf man that looks gross...fried shit

So this is actually REAL Chinese cuisine? Where can I find these foods in Chicago? I have never seen any of these on the menu (except the fried rice) of any Chinese restaurant I've been to. Maybe I should start looking around Chinatown...

fried dumplings are hardly worth the calories

chinatown you fucking idiot

Never eaten smoked ham?

So, take Japanese food, and make it Korean. Right.

BEANS DON'T GO IN CHILI.

END OF.

Chinaman here, that's a yo-tiao. It's basically a Chinese donut made with super glutinous flour. It's a popular breakfast item, usually served with congee or soy milk. It's great to wake up to when freshly made.

Hi there Mr. Chinaman, these Chinese foods have been very interesting and mysterious at the same time.

These I heard have been popular staples, here I got these pork shoomai and eggplant pocket.