Are eggs are the best food ever? I can't think of anything that even comes close to them in terms of versatility...

Are eggs are the best food ever? I can't think of anything that even comes close to them in terms of versatility, affordability, and effort required to make them into something delicious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E4frrEw_AL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eggs are indeed the best food ever. I would eat one or two for breakfast every morning if I had time for that shit

I like me some eggs. When I try eating healthier, I keep my carb intake down pretty low. Maybe a bowl of oatmeal and fruit with breakfast and that's it. I usually have a couple steamed eggs with it. Sometimes I scrap the egg yolk, and just eat the white. The extra fat will come through the day inevitably.

For me it is rice the perfect ingredient. It doesnt feel like a meal if the dish contains no rice.
Also college food is pretty good here but somedays I skip even the meat so I have more space for rice and beans.

I bet you're Filipino.

Eggs are so-so for me. They just kind of taste like nothing in my opinion. I really don't think I'm making them incorrectly or anything; in fact, I'm pretty sure that I make great fried eggs. I've made omelettes, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, poached eggs, soft/med/hard boiled eggs, quiches, etc. They're always either meh or used as a food vehicle for cheese.

The only reason I get them at restaurants is because I don't like pancakes.

I wonder what human caviar tastes like...

Potatoes beat them in everything you listed, but they are poretty close.

>Falling for big food conglomerate propaganda to make you eat their disgusting packaged filth in a box "cereal" for breakfast and encourage you to eat McShit food.
Americans

they're pretty versatile but if i get them too often i get sick of them

>"eggs are cheap" meme still circulating

The only sensible way to assess the affordability of food is by cost per calorie, or cost per gram of whatever nutrient you are interested in. Stop judging things by the price on the shelf.

That's not even an internally consistent conspiracy. Instead of eating grains/cereals directly, feeding chickens grains/cereals and eating them/their eggs generates more profit and more consumption because of the reduced ecological efficiency on higher trophic levels.

How easy is French Toast to make
That's essentially an egg meal, yes?

I really want to like eggs on their own. I love custard and scrambled eggs, but can't stand them boiled or over easy. Help.

>one or two
I scramble up 4 eggs in the morning at least 3 times a week, usually have them on wholemeal toast

Omelettes always

always

give me diarrhea.

Why do you scramble them instead of eating regular style

I scramble them because they taste good that way, recipe is plain and simple and they taste nice with a sprinkle of pepper

I do enjoy eating them the regular way but I usually eat that in a sandwich form where I add some beef and salad to the mix or cook them into an omelette with some capsicum, onion, pepper and parsley

Enjoy the clogged arteries and heart attack by age 35

Are you supposed to add salsa to the finished eggs when they are ready to be eaten, or do you add salsa to the eggs when they are still being cooked in the pan?

I fucking love eggs
But every time i eat them it gives me worst shits ever

White people genetics, everyone.

I'm white and I never get diarrhoea or bad shits from eating eggs.
The other guys are probably eating eggs from a bad source or they just have a really poor diet

How the fuck do potatoes beat eggs in effort

Potatoes still exist, user. They are cheaper, take less effort and also let you do a shit ton of dishes.

Closest thread I could find and I need to bitch.

My brother woke me up complaining that he was hungry, wouldn't leave me alone. So I finally rolled out of bed and made eggs in a basket with the last of our butter and the little faggot is refusing to eat it because the yolk is runny.
Nigger eggs are supposed to be creamy/runny fuck you.

Pickled eggs are tasty as fuck. I either buy them in the great big jar, or I'll boil some up and put them inside the jar with my pickles.

>They just kind of taste like nothing in my opinion. I really don't think I'm making them incorrectly or anything
Depends on the quality of the egg. American factory farmed eggs are absolute garbage.

Finished, it's cold on top but whatever.

They contain practically every nutrient a human body needs. I'm pretty sure you could live on nothing but eggs.

So yeah, eggs are the best food ever.

Alright

Eggs are the best.

I'm black.

I didn't know you all ate eggs like that, huh

Chinese state media reported over the weekend that thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate rather than baking soda to speed up the maturing process.
The black-yolked translucent delicacies are also known as “thousand-year-old eggs,” though they actually only take two months to make—copper sulphate reportedly cut that time by a month. Nanchang produces 300,000 tons of the eggs each year.

Copper sulfate is one of the more carcinogenic substances on earth and is highly toxic.

>Chinese state media reported over the weekend that thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate rather than baking soda to speed up the maturing process.

The chinese will sell Melanine poison laced baby formulas to their own neighbors with a straight face.... and now mass producing these Cancer Eggs and killing their own people.

fucking disgusting

Who would actually fucking eat rotten eggs

>muh cholesterol
Ok grandpa

>a 2 month old copper sulfate free egg is not carcinogenic

It's like shrimp paste. Smells like shit, but when prepared/cooked properly, it's fucking amazing.

Easy af dude

>Who would actually fucking eat rotten eggs

Billions of chinese people do... like every one of us... these things are fucking ultra popular.

But who fucking cares... if you don't get cancer here from the air, you'll get it from the food or water.

I think we Chinese have all pretty much resigned ourselves getting cancer at some point in our lifetimes.

>16.
>A coward believes he will ever live
if he keep him safe from strife:
but old age leaves him not long in peace
though spears may spare his life.
-Havamal

>thirty companies producing preserved eggs in Nanchang county had been closed by authorities for using toxic copper sulphate

When the Chinese take action like this, it usually means it is already a wide spread epidemic.

Doesn't matter if they're closed down. Chinese will just open another factory across the street with a different name.

How do you make french toast

Eggs are indeed cheap, versatile, and important to many recipes, but I just don't like the taste. I pretty much never eat them outside of sauces, breads, or casseroles.

>source: eggs-fact-sheet.pdf

I don't enjoy eggs anymore unless they're put in a hamburger or a chicken burger. I ate a fuckload of eggs every day for years up until a few months ago. Can't stomach them by themselves anymore.

Leave it to the shitskin to get triggered by fucking eggs of all things

nigga just fry up some bread in butter or oil and cover it in cinnamon. serve with maple syrup. finito

Fuck if I know

>buying or consuming any product made in china

You take slices of bread and and submerse them in beaten eggs, then take them out and fry them in the pan until the coating is browned just a bit and no longer gooey.

You're one person and there are many ethnic groups under the umbrella term "white people". Which is why the guy you responded to is retarded for saying that

It depends where you go. I go to king soopers or Safeway and the eggs are 2.59 per dozen. There's a mom and pop general store in the next town that sells them for 5.00/5 dozen. I could only use that many eggs that quickly a few times a year, though. Saddens me to not take advantage of that deal.

Poached eggs man. The salt in the water flavors them so nicely. I never liked eggs by themselves until I had them poached. Let it soak into some toasted bread and unf

Are you guys white? Middle class? Grew up with a mom who always made your steaks well done and wouldn't let you eat cookie dough? He's afraid of the eggs man. That's how my mom was and I didn't have a good egg until my twenties. Tell him to just try one bite and remind him how rare it is to get salmonella.

My eggs always look really fucking pallid when I cook them and I don't know why.

>>>/flatearthsociety/

Surrender your bread into beaten eggs and don't bathe for 2 weeks

woah man that's pretty hardcore to be eating runny eggs without mommy around

Your post has a typo.
I only felt the need to let you know that because my girlfriend has never made a typo before.

See

I hate scrambled eggs.

aren't scrambled eggs the 'regular' method for eggs?

youtube.com/watch?v=E4frrEw_AL8

gimme that runny yolk nigguh

Holy shit man life shouldn't be that way

theyre probs using a lot of cheese, milk or butter its probably not the eggs lmao

Fuck me, I've been lurking the thread ever since I made it and I didn't even see it until I read this.
please apologize to your girlfriend for me

I'm trying to soft boil 36 eggs. What's the best way to do it? Right now, my plan is to either do them in batches, or use my12 quart and drop all 36 eggs in with a big basket that fits into the pot. Would there be any complications with the second method?

Why so many eggs?

Why do people make omelettes? Honestly, they're just so much more dry (except for the inside, but with scrambled all of the egg can be soft and puffy), hard to make and take more time.

I'm making a bunch of ajitama for an event.

cant wait to trigger those who think they can die from eating this

Eggs are a staple, I probably eat 12-20 per week. Scrambled, fried, or poached, occasionally hard-boiled. Incredible health benefits and a great way to get in nutrients if you're not stuffing bread, pasta, and chips down your maw

Omelettes are only dry if they're overcooked.

Fried eggs are deadly?

the fact that they're half raw would probably trigger a lot of the spergs here.

Hard-boiled on a salad are amazing, just had it for lunch

It's not that you'll die, it's just disgusting.

>half raw
They're either raw or they're not.

>Billions of chinese people do... like every one of us... these things are fucking ultra popular.
>But who fucking cares... if you don't get cancer here from the air, you'll get it from the food or water.

This... if you're Chinese, you pretty much have given up on not getting cancer. Especially if you're young and work in a ultra polluted urban city... which is pretty much everybody.

Bitch that's nothing, I have 3+1 eggs every single day, 3 cooked along with some bacon or sausage, and 1 used to make potato pancakes.

Hell yes it is. Best ingredient to use when learning how to cook as it can be prepared in so many ways. It's the Bob Ross of the food world.

Are you suggesting that it's impossible for an object to have different temperatures in different locations on that object?

The outside of the egg is cooked. The interior of the egg is still raw. People who aren't on the spectrum commonly refer to this as "half raw"....or if you prefer, "half cooked".

You can see the same concept in pic related. Notice how the color shows us that the exterior is cooked but the inside is raw.

Got it now, spergling?

It would help if I didn't forget the pic like a retard.

Nobody calls that half raw.

and then develop diabeetus.