Made Dinner, Pan-Fried Tilapia Filets

Made Dinner, Pan-Fried Tilapia Filets
What does Veeky Forums think?

tilapia is bottom feeding garbage

Looks good to me. What side(s) are you having with it?

Looks good
Could you elaborate on the recipe

don't bully bottom feeders

How smelly is your home right now?

>not liking catfish.

Down here in the south, we call people like you "tittybaby."

You fucking fairy.

Lightly fried fish filets

>57
I garnished with cilantro
The sides consisted of corn and rice

I usually bread and bake tilapia fillets. How'd you bread yours for pan frying?

I breaded the tilapia and then lightly fried it in a pan after that I garnished with cilantro.

Looks like you and my question

I used some coating mix

Tilapia was my first fish for cooking. I used it for almost two years. Its not really cheaper than other fish, it has zero flavor, and the rumors I see here and elsewhere are that they are farmed in filth. Just get trout, or fucking anything else I really dont get it anymore.

Its literally cheaper to buy trout than tilapia and they taste a million times better! Im not shitting on you maybe it was a gift or something?

tilapia isn't catfish. tilipia is almost 99.99% farmed, in vietnam, and in the worst possible way imaginable. if you see the shit conditions they raise these things in and the "quality" of the food they eat (literally sewage) you would gag at the thought of eating tilapia

I'm in the south and don't eat it, wasn't aware people were offended

Show me user.

>What does Veeky Forums think?

Looks delicious.

Some lightly fried fish filets eh?

I imagine that the south, just like everywhere else, has local Tough Guys who defend the most idiotic aspects of the local culture

Here in New York they wear BROOKLYN hats and believe in asinine rivalries like the Mets vs the Knicks or some shit, and rave about how they'd totally beat the crap out of anyone who dares ask for directions in midtown.

Half the time those kinds of people are not even from the area and are just trying too hard to fit in.

I think I could like catfish anyways but it's always served in the greasiest dumb way of southern "soul" food atire

Try again with some cod or flounder

I like catfish but tilapia is garbage lol and is particularly bad for deep frying

i love good lightly fried fish filets

Newsflash, a lot of food is farmed in the worst way possible. You would vomit if you ever saw any of your food being farmed or produced.

Unless you are some hippy that only buys at whole foods

nigga have you ever breaded anything in your life? looks like shit my dude.

there's a reason tilapia tastes like fucking shit. you don't have to be a fucking hippy to realize that.

Whole Foods doesn't exactly have high standards either. Plenty of CAFO garbage. I don't buy meat, dairy, or eggs there.

Looks pretty decent user.

Though I prefer cat fish.

I remember a segment of Dirty Jobs;farm raised fish; the tank had striped bass in the upper half, then a grate; the tilapia were below eating the missed stuff and the bass shit; so no.

Isn't that what lobsters do? And cows, since we live at the bottom if an ocean of air.

Wow that's efficient!

Looks very tasty. You can take it to the next level by turning it into some fish tacos.

How would you make it better, user?

Who gives a shit? Pigs eat their own shit. Are you gonna stop eating bacon?

Mechanized fish farming is actually really cool. Some people combine it with hydroponics so you have fish shit feeding the plants and vegetable scraps feeding the fish. You just have to add dirt and do maintenance.

Tilapia taste like literally nothing, it's a flavorless fish when it's fresh (after being flash frozen probably). I only use it for fish tacos, you are buying into all that American catfish farm propaganda. If you don't want to eat animals that eat shit and trash, you might want to cut out a load of shit like pork, chicken, lobster, halibut, most shit like mussels and scallop, etc.

I'm not american and have never eat catfish. I have however grown up eating tilapia. It's fucking shit.

I don't eat seafood, but it looks cooked well.

I tried to make this once and all the bread crumbs fell off the fish. How do you get them to stick?

Same way you bread anything else:
Pat the food dry. Coat it with flour then shake off the excess. Dip into beaten egg. Then coat with breadcrumbs.

Its shallow fried so 80% of that breadibg is going to fall off

Enjoy you constipation and heavy metal poisonimg

>Some people combine it with hydroponics so you have fish shit feeding the plants and vegetable scraps feeding the fish
That's called aquaponics.

I heard they had chicken cages over the tilapia tank and the fish ate the chicken's dookie.

I saw that being done on some nat geo prepper show