Did your dad cook at all growing up? Or just your mom? Were they good?

Did your dad cook at all growing up? Or just your mom? Were they good?

No. Traditional family unit. Dad worked, mom was a stay at home mom. They are midwesterner white bread folk so dinners were always hot dish or some other kind of bland, preservative-laden mess. Sometimes pork chops and veggies with buttered noodles or similar. Mom never went out of her way to experiment, though. That's ok. We always had plenty of food and attention. Great family/upbringing. I learned how to cook when I moved out, and I'm no worse for wear. Thankful I didn't become a picky little shit,

Yeah, luckily you just became an entitled asshole that thinks he built "character" while growing up as a privileged white boy.

My dad would grill stuff sometimes. He was actually pretty good at that, but he was absolute shit at any other method of cooking. I have many a fond memory of him grilling up some London broil, Polish sausage, or just hamburgers and hot dogs. The old man knows his way around meats, but not much else.

Whew lad, your sourpuss is showing. Sorry your home life wasn't as charmed.

Mommy got caught up in 2nd wave feminism that told her she could "have it all." As a result mommy was average at best regarding both her domestic skills and parenting.

Your time will come. The resistance is taking hold everywhere except the "United" States. Resistance against hate, bigotry, and archaic social structures. I hope you're ready, because there's a storm already sweeping across Europe and it'll tear up the very foundations of your cushy white boy life. Trump's impeachment is just going to be the icing on the cake.

>privileged white boy

He literally described himself as a flyover redneck.

Actual privileged white "boy" here. I went out to eat 4-5 times a week growing up, and both of my parents switched off cooking the other 2-3 nights. Maybe I was just better nourished, but I had to work just as hard as anyone else, not realizing when I was young how I was privileged in other ways. That said, things came easy to me throughout the first 2/3 of my life. It's not because I was privileged, but because I had intelligent parents who made enough money to properly raise a child.

I don't know what your life is like, but stop making yourself out to be a victim when it has no relevance to the conversation.

>b-b-but I had to work hard!
Not nearly as hard as PoC of any variety. Your privilege has afforded you many rights and opportunities that other people could never dream of. Stop being a butthurt little white fuckboy and just acknowledge that you've had it much, much easier than everyone else in life. You haven't had to work for shit because the system is already designed for you. Fuck you.

t. trans man

Stop being racist.

My dad cooked when he got seafood or some type of game usually 5 times a month or so. My mom cooked regular mom shit all the other time.

>grow up poor and without a father in the most meth-ridden state in the country
>xDDD just use ur wite privlege lol

Unironically kill yourself.

When my dad was around, he mostly just grilled. He wasn't very good at it except for the grilled whole fish he made. That was fucking delicious.

>PoC
whats this?
piece of shit?

>boo hoo no daddy :'(
>boo hoo drugs nearby :'(
Congratulations, you had a small taste of life for a vast majority of PoC. Go fuck yourself, white boy. I can already tell that you don't use your experience as a way to help understand other people and help them, but you use it as a source of hate against other people, as evidenced by your reply to me. Take your own advice. The world will be better without your racist and bigoted troll self around.

Is this really how /pol/ users think actual human beings talk

My Dad always cooked because it was just me, him and my brother. Also because being a chef and learning to cook is almost mandatory in my family.

This desu

Old school Italian senpai...Dad worked, mom cooked. But mom had the deep knowledge--being older now, half those recipes are passed-down only..."only your mother and aunt know what's in the breading"...great variety too...steamed artichoke, grilled asparagus, pasta from scratch, butterflied fried chicken, lemon chicken...homemade meatballs, fried calamari...thin, square pizza with just the basics...this super clean orzo soup from a fresh chicken stock. Goddamn...then desserts; fugetaboutit. My older bro and I are trying to notate all the original ways that she and her sisters cooked...as expected, it's always a mix of improv and secret techniques...

I think it's funny that bitch is talking about other people having daddy issues. I mean ... wow ... just look at that shit. Someone needs to ramp up their weekly hours at therapy, because damn.

Honestly, I don't know what's sadder. That you might actually believe that or that you're trying this hard to troll a Singaporean moving pictures forum's cooking board.
Either way, please find the tallest building in your area and do a flip.

>PoC

opinion discarded. no one worth listening to says that.

>different user, and not sure if you're serious

How the fuck do you think "white boy" is an insult? I'm white, but the privilege I've had in life is above all economic, not racial (yeah, yeah, there's a correlation with the current system).

I'm all for equality and will fuck and fall in love with whoever I find myself inside of and fall for, regardless of color or socioeconomic background. I didn't fucking vote for Trump, but I'm not going to apologize for being born to parents who actually had the means to raise a child, or act like I don't have character because I got a good education and didn't spend my childhood trying to sleep in the backseat of a car while my crackwhore mother was turning tricks in the front seat just to buy me a box of animal crackers.

i wish my family had culinary culture, my grandparents were all on the poverty line while raising my parents (my mums mum still is) so all my mum knows how to cook is poor people cuisine (stews and curries out of a jar), my scottish grandmother (dads side) makes some nice stuff but it doesnt have any culture behind it.

>>/pol/131485196

>>boo hoo no daddy :'(
>>boo hoo drugs nearby :'(
Except those are the two most positively correlated factors that determine the success of a child, more than race, more than sex. But I know that numbers make your brain hurt buddy.

This post reads like a really shitty r/the_Donald shill. Return to Reddit whenever you feel like it you white apologist nigger lover. Fuck off kike.
t. /pol/lack. Someone linked your thread to our board.

You missed the entire point of the post. Is it hard being as retarded as you are?

Fuck off back to your containment board.

>we were well off and everything was easy for me growing up but i wasn't privileged
that's quite literally the definition of living a privileged life. it's ok to admit it. some people are poor and others aren't and being wealthy affords you luxuries not everyone has.

Back to your containment website.

>pay no attention to the mountain of evidence, focus on my babycrying and rampant speculation instead!
Really gets my almonds to the upright and locked position.

Another /pol/tard here.

You came to our board and it seems that some left-winger started talking about politics in this thread first, not some /ptg/ nigger.

My wife can't cook so I always prepare food for her and her son

That was the point of the post. user experienced what a bunch of minorities experienced so he should use that to gain some perspective.

That's one half though--over the years I've learned that all traditional cooking has a survival element as the base--so you actually have a rooting in the most elemental side. How to thrive of of what's directly available around you...stews and curries go a long way...Jamaican cuisine has this kind of vibe; sure it's jazzed up now, but back in Jamaica...in a small village...it's all good, man.

>being wealthy affords you luxuries not everyone has

Yeah. I lived in a bigger house in a better neighborhood than most of my friends growing up. We still went to the same shitty public school, and we all applied to colleges (well, not all of us) without our race having anything to do with the application, and I still have a lifetime of school debt to pay off.

I had a comfier childhood than lots of people, but at most that only made me have to learn to succeed because I wanted to, rather than because I needed to. I'm nowhere near a success, btw.

My parents were terrible. They figured if I had enough to order our with, I wouldn't starve. It sucked. Now that I've taken classes, I've come to realize they had no idea what to do with a child.

>nowhere near a success
That much is obvious.

I literally have a scrawny body and low protein to get strong with. : Not because I'm lazy, 4 years in the army infantry. : Nutrition is a huge factor.

Cooking chills me out. Who the fuck is angry after a good meal? SHOW me that person and they have a lot more problems than they themselves realize.

Mexicans and Middle Easterners usually freak out after eating in an attempt to not pay the bill.

Dad made some kickass steak. He taught me, but I mostly forgot the deceptively simple recipe. I remember you'd butter up bread to make pan toast on the juices of the meat though. We called it "dirty steak". Put a slice of cheese on the meat while it's cooking and maybe a fried egg, put it all in the "dirty" bread and you're golden.
His sunny side ups were pretty good too but he called them "Eggs à la Picasso" since they always came out crooked.
Otherwise he either ate what my mum cooked or microwave meals, or easy to cook stuff after they divorced. He was great at churrasco (Brazilian style BBQ) but he was too uninspired for it in his last years.
nigga was a good cook desu

sandniggers out of Veeky Forums reeeeee

Let's see.. my dad was a cook in the army, then sometime after that a cook for the San Diego Country jail, then a cook at a restaurant when we moved out to Iowa then we moved back to California where my dad started doing IT so he hasn't cooked as a paid job since the mid 90's.

So, hell yeah, he cooked for us growing up. It's also why, even though I do understand why the meme exists, the "white people can't season" meme bugs the hell out of me. My dad makes a damned good & well seasoned chicken, my dad's chili is delicious anything but bland and usually has a good kick to it (although, sometimes he'll back off on the spiciness for the sake of my mom. Incidentally, my dad is also a counter to the "white people think yellow mustard is too spicy! LOL" when he has chicken it's nearly always with Sriracha, he puts Tapatío on his eggs, etc.) Hell, once when we were broke and between paychecks we didn't have any meat to work with but, we did have a decent amount of spices/seasons in the spice cabinet plus some uncooked pinto beans and he made this fucking phenomenal vegetarian chili.

In short, I'm on places like Veeky Forums because with all the delicious home cooked meals I've had in my life I couldn't possibly go to a live of frozen tv dinners and shit like that. Thanks, dad. Sorry for the life story, everyone.

>piece of chit

Dad could cook. Mom couldn't. Dad worked, mom didn't. I've learned almost everything I know from helping him cook as a kid.

Parents divorced when I was seven, dad got custody. Before that mom would cook, poorly. I remember when I was like six and my grandma made me mashed potatoes with gravy an I thought she'd shat on my food because I'd never seen it before.

Dad was good. He taught science so he had a good technical grasp on everything, taught me quite a bit although I could never remember any actual recipes (except for French toast lel). Sometimes experimented, sometimes came up with pretty novel stuff, like grilled cheese and tomato soup, except the cheese was sweetened cream cheese and the soup was chocolate.

Both.
My mother is a prison guard and work odd and long hours so it's was often fast, easy and bland.

My father is a decent cook when it comes to... classic cooking , starch, meat, limp veg and gravy you can stand a spoon in.

dad is a better cook

I grew up in a pretty traditional family - mom worked part-time in a retail store and cooked every day for my siblings and I, and my dad worked full-time and never cooked.

My dad is almost 70 and to this day it's an accomplishment if he can cook Kraft Dinner. My mom was a fucking amazing cook though - made amazing pastas, soups, knew how to grill everything, and made cakes and desserts for people to earn extra cash. She passed away 8 years ago though. I miss her a lot :(

My dad doesn't cook much but he makes great salad dressing.

Yeah, my dad can make a bowl of cereal or ice cream and nuke frozen burritos like a bad ass.

Seriously though, my dad worked full time sun up to sundown, 6 days a week ( he's a rancher), so mom always cooked everything. She taught at a culinary school, since that's what she studied in school, and later went back and got her degree in science so she could be a science teacher instead. But she still did all the cooking even then. Now that their both older and have no kids at home anymore, I think they go out to dinner more often, but mom's still a he'll of a cook.

*they're *

I hate auto correct when it subs the wrong word.

I used to think that, until I understood that dad-cooking is consuming anything that is really tastefull in huge quantities.

I mean my mom is a very good cook but always uses 2 strips of bacon in a carbonara portion 1.5 eggs etc.

If my dad was to cook one he would use like 10 strips and 3 eggs, and propably all the cheese he could get his hands on.

kys shitskin

If mom cooked, it was pepper steak.

If dad cooked, it was kraut and sausage or salisbury steaks, with the occasional steak/baked potato.

Rest of the time was whatever frozen shit I had to microwave.

All fucking niggers WILL fucking hang.

Are you fat ?

Whats your diet now, do you still eat shit food?

Serious question.

Not fat, diet now contains salads and meal prepped chicken/veg or salmon/veg because of work.

I'll occasionally treat myself to a bacon egg and cheese bagel from McDonald's for breakfast, but it's not often, maybe twice a month.

Weekends I usually grill chicken and steam brussel sprouts or brocolli. If I'm feeling froggy I'll sprinkle some Swiss on the brocolli.

A little bit. 2 income household.

It was pretty good at the time, since kids growing up are always hungry. In retrospect it was probably microwave crap and easy to make shit (burgers and grilled cheese and shit)
PS: not a fatty

Good for you bro, most people I observe who used to eat shit food as a kid, continue this trend and even pass it on to their kids.

Like I was only allowed to eat cheetos once a month when I was a kid, and some of the kids I've seen in my day have consumed more fast food than I have in my lifetime.

>PoC
>working

He did admit it you bellend

They're trying to say "colored people" in a way that does a poor job of hiding their legitimate racism that actually surpasses some of /pol/'s

I grew up on a farm. So my Dad was gone 16 hours a day seasonally. Even during those days he would find time to cook us lunch on fridays (short school day) or breakfast. During winter he would cook a lot more. I liked my Dad's cooking a bit more than my moms, but his was very unhealthy. It was always meat and potatoes kind of stuff, not much veg.

It was supposed to be a better term for "non-whites" (because "non-whites" makes it sound like "white" is normal and good and therefore non-whites are lacking something)

but nobody except black people found the term or its twisted logic appealing, so now it's just an incredibly awkward term for "us black people" usually used by out-of-touch "we wuz kangs" types, and out-of-touch white racist /pol/esmokers who think they're being funny

>A Spectre is haunting Europe

2spooky4me

He knew how to make lamb taste pretty good but his burgers were too raw for me. Mom was a better cook but her chicken was so dry.

so will this rainbow-police cart protect me from muslims that want to lynch me for being gay?

My father didn't cook nearly as often as my mother but everything he did make was better than whatever my mom made.

Impeaching Trump will make Republicans stronger than ever before.

Say hello to president Pence.

>
>>b-b-but I had to work hard!
>Not nearly as hard as PoC of any variety.

Ya... your a twat... probably never travelled either... shallow and raging against your irrelevance... the well off families in the far east have a far better level of living than those you hate around you. Even in the middle east. Dubai...Singapore...Hong Kong... Japan... Korea... I've been there. So you can rage against your fellow gutter rats all you want but your no better than the average nigger rioting and burning his own neighborhood. Small tip for you too.. the Asians dont care about your POC crap either...

Yeah, my father cooked sometimes, he was a great cook and still is. Every time I see him I eat until I explode, I learned pretty much almost all my knowledge about cooking from him and so I'd like to think I'm a good cook too. Not to say my mother didn't cook well but my father was a perfectionist in what he did, so he'd always attempt things to the fullest.

I enjoy both their cooking.

I know I'm equally at fault but can't any of you dimwits recognize a false flagging troll from /pol/ who's not even interested in cooking.

My dad didn't cook too much, but he loved baking cookies. Around Christmas time he would always make like 5-10 different kinds if cookies ranging from chocolate chip, to oatmeal, to gingerbread. They always tasted pretty good. My mom was the primary cook in our house, but when she wasn't home, my dad was compitent enough to make dinner.

Dad wasn't bad at grilling/BBQ, and he could do basic stuff like cook pasta, fry eggs & bacon, etc. Otherwise he was useless in the kitchen.

Mom literally grew up on a small farm so she was a fantastic cook. Bread from scratch, homemade sausage, grew veggies in the garden.

>their legitimate racism that actually surpasses some of /pol/'s
What do you mean by this? The entire point of social justice is to fight against racism.

No its not, the entire point of social justice is bored housewives and female college students that have such a perfect life that they need someone else's problems to bitch about. Social justice warriors label everything, everything about race, any off colored joke is racist to them. Everything.

Comment on someone's phenotype, racist.

Make a joke about ethnicity, racist.

Vote trump for economic reasons, racist.

The thing is sjws make everything to be about race, they call way more attention to it than normal folks. Most SJWs that I know are far more racist than most poltards I know

Black people don't need you fucking white women to fight their battles either.

Not him but calling people PoC is really racist if you think about it. You're making a term that lumps all the non-whites together. Even though the term is mean to highlight white privilege IMO it's a divisive and demeaning term. Referring to people by their race is garish anyway but to not even refer to them by their race but just their lack of whiteness is downright ugly. Doesn't matter what your motivations for doing so are.

Black people are black

Stupid Nigger

>the entire point of social justice is bored housewives and female college students that have such a perfect life that they need someone else's problems to bitch about.
Or that they feel guilty about having good lives where people barely eke by. Which imo is noble but the solution is to try and uplift the poorest in the world, not the mildly discomforted middle-class folks in your own country. But it's easier to fight about the wage gap in the US than to try and make the 3rd world self-reliant.

What wage gap? According to relevant US data men and women make roughly equal pay when you factor in the fact that men often hold higher paid positions due to the fact that they work high labor jobs, compared to the fact that women rarely work such jobs, and often work part time.

Don't feel bad, you don't have it easy. Living day by day in the middle class is hard. Sure it might seem easy if you are a stay at home mom, but as the working half of a family, I can say it isn't.
I work full time to support myself, have some savings and health insurance. I got a good job because I worked hard in school and payed my way through college.

White men, don't let them keep telling you that you have it so easy. It's a lie. You worked hard to get where you are like your father and your father before you. So be proud. Those people in the streets don't suffer because they don't have your privileges, they suffer because they don't have the resolve and dedication you do.

White men, be proud!

My father was in a different state and never paid child support. Fuck him.

lol dude do you come armed with /pol/ propaganda to all cooking threads? My post implied that the wage gap isn't a big concern. Also, eat a dick if you think people in Bangladesh would be as rich as middle America if they just had more resolve and dedication

No no, they would be rich if they didn't live on a chronically overpopulated subcontinent that's mostly dessert. If anyone deserves the blame it's their government.

But what do you expect from people who shit in the streets? Filthy Poo in Loos

>No no, they would be rich if they didn't live on a chronically overpopulated subcontinent that's mostly dessert.
They wouldn't have any problems with starvation if they lived on a subcontinent that's mostly dessert. I assume you meant desert.
Bangladesh is mostly delta and their problems are with flooding, not desertification. And if anyone deserves the blame it's the British for causing the worst famine in recent history (way worse than the potato famine)

Regardless, my point was that hard work =/= success for everyone. Which you couldn't disprove so you didn't even try.

Don't have to prove anything, I'm white.

Fuck yeah.

But honestly they did pretty well under colonial rule, they never should have left it. The British brought them prosperity, and now without them, well just look at that country...

My dad cooked all the time. My mom would only make one or two dishes and even then as she got lazier and more depressed she stopped helping at all. My dad made some pretty good food, but it was mostly recipes he learned from his mom. I more or less credit him for my love of food.

My mom was the main cook, but he would sometimes make omesome traditional Nigerian foods.

>Don't have to prove anything, I'm white.
But you do, else you wouldn't be doling out the usual /pol/ crap in the afternoon on a work day. Fuck yeah indeed.

Also the GDP per capita for India is 5 times higher now than it was by the end of British rule adjusted for inflation. And it was the second highest in the world (behind china) when the British took control. Also, funny how the country in the region where the British didn't "bring prosperity" Thailand, is doing far better than any of the others.

It's okay dude, we don't win all our internet battles. Just continue LARPing as a nazi and it'll still be a productive day for you all things considered.

my parents divorced early, both of them cooked
somehow my dad can just throw together some shit in a pile and have it be fucking delicious, I really have no clue how he does it
he ran a thai restaurant with his wife but they shut down and it put him in some debt, but they made some tasty food

Good troll

This post is really funny and really sad all at the same time.

Mom does all the traditional cooking
Dad does all the grilling, the man is a fucking artist with bbq chicken.

>ctrl+S "poc"
>8 results

Am I on the wrong website?

I grew up in the 1970's Northeast suburbs with a stay at home mom. My father has never used the stove nor chopped a vegetable in his life. On summer weekends he would make a big project out of grilling meat out back, and we'd eat outside at the picnic table. Mom would make various salads to go with it. Beyond that the most he did to contribute to meals was carving roasts with an electric knife.

He had no reason to do more than that. He worked hard and made a fuckton of money. I didn't realize how good I had it until I got out on my own and noticed most people I met didn't have it nearly as good.

stay mad blackboi

My dad did all the cooking and my mom worked. My mom couldn't even cook frozen pizza without burning it