British Beer

What kind of beers are good in London? Any local stuff that's tasty and typical in the restaurants there? You guys are pretty into stouts, right?

I'm petite, so, is there a type of beer that doesn't have much alcohol but is tasty?

>petite
That's how I decribe my wife, you flaming faggot!

Milds are generally a weaker ale (3%-3.5%). Brown ales and Bitters aren't very strong either.

Avoid pretty much anything actually brewed *in London*. In fact avoid anything brewed in the entire South East of England. They're all universally terrible due to the water.

Try some craft beers.

Anything from Samuel Smith is worth trying.

Seriously though, it don't get much better than this guy right here.

I'm not married, no bf, but I could be one day :o/ I'm 5' 9" 115lbs is what I was trying to say. Too much booze hits me really quick, contributed by not drinking much. I have one beer a day back home

Thank you. Yeah the 6% stuff kicks my ass.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

I plan on it. Or at least asking restaurants what they recommend or have on draft. Just wanted a general idea of what to look for.

Thanks!

>5'9
>petite

dumb cunt

Fullers london pride is a traditional pale ale and one of the few beers brewed in london that isn't shit. It should be in most pubs and restaurants.

If you can try and order beer as much as you can from a hand pump. Its a style of serving unique to the UK and you won't have tried anything like it before.

>a hand pump
This does not mean on draft does it? (sorry English is my second language, and I'm not all that good at it yet).

Yes, mostly. "On draft" these days normally means "Not in a bottle", so it covers both hand-drawn (hand-pumped) beer and nitro-kegged stuff.

we have two styles of draught (draft) beer. One is served from a pressurised keg and is forced through the line by gas pressure and is the same as the system used across the globe. The other uses a hand powered pump to draw beer from a much lower pressure cask and it produces a very different pint of beer.

Nice. That sounds really interesting, I'll look for that. I'm eating at Social Eating House, Rules, Harwood Arms, Ledbury, Scott's, and Le Gavroche. The french restaurants I'll probably have wine, but I prefer beer elsewhere. Then of course I'll try pubs during the day and try something.

That is a decent list of places to eat.

Great. I tried my best to do research.

Fancy a pint of Stella and a shag, love?

Kernel Table Beer if available. I think it's about 2.8% and is tasty as fuck. Brodies is good London beer, Beavertown is alright if a little overhyped due to it being overhyped because omg Robert Plant's son owns it. There's loads to go at if you go to the right places and I'm sure they'll have something that won't put you on your arse.

Ask for a guest ale, they will be made by the small rural breweries

Fullers a shit
Brewdog best ale-waifu

>Brewdog

Opinion discarded.

>What kind of beers are good in London?

Belgian and German beers.

British "beer" is tasteless, flat, bath water by comparison.

There shit makes Coors light seem flavorful...

Thank you!

Oh dear. Well I spend a lot of time in Germany so I'd rather try the local stuff while in Britain. Part of the experience!

Brewdog's sole achievement is that they managed to jump on the muh hops bandwagon before anyone else in the UK. All their beers are just the same pale ale malt base with enough hop oil to strip away any subtlety of flavour and complexity.
You days are numbered Europhile, the day of the ARYANDIED draws ever nearer and the complete rule of the ANGLO will be acheived!

>Belgian and German beers.

Which ones?

Pretty much any German or Belgian pils, weizen, trappist, bock or dopplebock.

>german pils
And you have the cheek to call British ale flavourless.

But that's wrong, you faggot.

>Brewdog
pls

>Using shitty chalk water for beer
>Tasting good

Pick one and only one. Your beer is terrible, sorry Chaz.

>Brewdog

ignore this man

I'll pick both because it is, you bender. Northern beer is good but it's definitely not something you've got over the south.

Probably generic garbage by refined Yurop tastes but as a gormless murkin I like that it's basically a fizzy coffee

>the south

I said South East. Cornwall produce some great beers. Do you know why? Because they don't have shitty water sourced from chalk land, which is terrible for making beer.

When I was there in 2000 pints averaged 6 dollars. What's it like now?

Fucking lair.
Where the fuck did you buy 2000 pints for 6 bucks.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>what is reading comprehension

The 1/3 shilling store

That's 4 old pence,
An old pound was 20 shillings. A shilling was worth 12 pence, so an old pound was 240 pennies.

Don't know why they changed it.

You don't know what you're talking about, m8. Kentish ales are the tits, and if you've been drinking piss and thinking it represents the lot of them, it's your own fault.

That shit right there was unironically one of the hardest parts of Ulysses for me.

hiya, London is pretty cool
most old school pubs will be franchised (youngs, shepherd neame, and the like), which means the same old same old. Most pubs will have a lager, a bitter, and a stout of some sorts on tap, but will likely be the same macro brewed rubbish found everywhere. Cask ales and independence are two things to look for when after a good pint.
Which part of London are you in? I know south London pretty well; and could recommend a couple of nice places. If not, check out CAMRA or similar. Some suggestions
De Hems, Soho
The Baring, Hackney
Prince of Wales, Clapham
Horse and Coaches, Clapham
Bree Louise, Kings X

As for pure selection, there are a bunch of taprooms and similar about the place (lots in places like Hackney, Shoreditch, and Dalston), but my favourite 'beer geek' places are
Euston Tap (right by the station, two opposing little places with a shitton of fantastic beer on tap)
and
Kill the Cat, Brick Lane (nice little tasting room with a really cool range including some nice rarities in bottle)

fucking good choices for food, I know a few chefs at Rules; wonderful chaps. I also hope you have the budget for those places
Welcome to London dear

>Euston Tap (right by the station, two opposing little places with a shitton of fantastic beer on tap)

As somebody from the West Country can I just say it was a fucking travesty that they've closed The Cider Tap.

Thank you for the info! That's really helpful. I'm saving all these suggestions.

I'm going to be staying in Southeast Hyde Park.

Glad the food choices are good ones! Yeah, I know they'll be pricey but I enjoy eating well when I travel.

Go to cheaper restaurants and then you won't have to sleep in a park.

Also, never reply to tripfags.

this user is obviously high end why would you send her to dumps like these?

It's tradition at this point

rewd desu

go to any pub and get their cask ales. aask the bartender what they like to drink. the cider over there is amazing too so be sure to have some of that. also be prepared for warm beer. not like hot but room temperature.

Dumps aye? Please do suggest some high end pubs in London ok
I happen to enjoy cask ale, and CAMRA are a decent enough guide for where to get it, wooly jumpers aside. If I'm going to spend a tenner on two pints, I'd like at least to enjoy it ey
I work in Mayfair if you fancy a wee pint sometime