Will i lose weight if i stop drinking soda?

will i lose weight if i stop drinking soda?

i have a goblin body but ive been the same weight for a long time. i drink a lot of soda everyday. if i were to just cut that out would i skinny up? i dont have a great diet but i also dont really eat a lot so i think if i have a diet issue its the soda. i just cant stop man

Yes.

The amount you will lose depends on how much you are drinking.

And you can stop it just requires self-control. If you have none then try to ween yourself off it by cutting back in stages.

If you don't replace it with other calories then yes

you'll lose weight if you're below your TDEE. soda is terrible for you but cutting it out won't automatically make you lose weight if you're still consuming too many calories.

okay well that already settles it. im gonna enjoy a few tonight and tomorrow ill go water only

>tomorrow

Failed already, try again next week.

i cant just throw away this 2 liter man

How much do you drink in a day? Just curious.

Replace it with seltzer water bro. You can even get it with fruit flavors and it still has no calories. Pretty much removed my desire to drink most sodas.

Yes you fucking can, it's a few cents worth of sugar water that cost you 2 dollars TOPS.

At least go diet/seltzer water.

Not OP but when I was younger I literally drank 6-10 liters every single day. I was slightly overweight but never ballooned at all.

I drink maybe 1-2 sodas a month, and have been doing so for the past 2-3 years, and I have still gained weight. I used to have 1 a day.

I need to cut all the bread, rice, and pasta, but it is so hard.

Just introduce yourself to bulimia my friend.

I'm only half joking.

>6-10 liters
Fucking HOW. How is it possible for one human to drink that much soda in a day, get up the next morning, and say to himself, "You know what? I want to do that to myself again." I'm guessing you drank diet or zero-calorie soda because if you drank the full-sugar stuff you should have died of diabetes-related complications years ago.

Did you drink nothing else?

I probably drink 3 litres of water per day because I love it but if I drank any more than that I'd spend all my time feeling bloated and terrible.

Also who let you buy and consume that much on a daily basis.

I should clarify that was mostly on weekends/holidays, and no it was full strength. My family used to buy a shitload of 2-3 liter bottles and 24 packs of cans every week. The body just adapts.

The effect on the teeth however is quite real.

Literally nothing else. I'd wake up in the morning and get a coke from the fridge. Who? My family of course

That's just unthinkable to me. Frankly I'm surprised you're alive, or at least in very poor health.

lately I've been trying to restrict myself to one normal sized meal a day and a snack, but there is always food around the office and people really like going for burritos/bready sandwiches/burgers. I walk quite a lot, but it isn't enough. On both sides of my family are type-2 diabetics, and I've noticed some of the early warning signs in myself (being thirsty all the time, numbness, etc). Normal sized portions of lean meats, steamed veg, and sometimes fruit for dessert is what my body needs, not a cheeseburger with fries and milkshake.

op here, probs almost 1-2 liters a day

Yeah it's kinda fucked up thinking back, just one soda these days leaves me feeling bloated. I'm fairly sure it made me immortal as I haven't been to the doctor in 6 years. The dentist on the other hand..

>I'd wake up in the morning and get a coke from the fridge.
how? when I wake up I am usually severely dehydrated, even if I drank water before going to sleep, and down 3-4 tall glasses of water just to not feel like I am going to die

When I was younger I tried two dieting things, one was literally not eating at all, and the other was bulimia. It was fun for a long time but in the end it really fucks you up eating-wise.

How much alcohol do you consume and what type?

There's this magical person you should go and see called a doctor. Get some blood tests done and make sure you aren't actually diabetic you twit.

As for one meal per day? How many calories is that? You need to actually eat properly if you want to lose weight or your body will just go panic-mode and store every single little calorie you feed it.

good lord man

I'm guessing not having alcohol back then helped. I could have a coke before sleeping and a coke (or 3) after waking up. I didn't even know back then it could dehydrate you

i know. thats why this ends..after i finish this 2 liter

I don't drink, and never really did so.

it varies, but usually heavier meals since those are the places people like to go.

A 1100ish calorie burrito and 400 calories of nuts is pretty low for my height/weight but nowhere near anorexic

And you're still gaining weight? Are you monitoring it day to day?

I think you need to do more research on how to lose weight.

Yes, definitely. When I stopped I lost about 10 pounds in a month without change my eating habits or workout habits at all
Now I dont know how much you weigh or how much you drink so you might lose even more. I was relatively healthy and drank one can a day, so if you're a fat bastard who drinks several liters you can melt off a lot of pounds just by stopping

It's possible. Not , btw. When I went over to my grandma's house for a weekend or a holiday, I drank 4-7 cans of regular soda a day, along with a large fast food regular soda. In addition to that, I also ate around: one family size bag of chips, half a container of cookies, and two large sized fast food meals per day (with the aforementioned drink).

I'm really surprised I didn't turn into one of those adolescent 300 pound doughballs. But I guess I had a slightly above-average metabolism, because I only became overweight. Ever since then, I really cut down on the sodas, junk and shit, and I've been going down in weight slowly. I can attribute a lot of that to soda/energy drinks. Regular soda is fucking horrible for you, and contains almost two times the WHO daily recommended sugar intake per 12oz serving.

When I stopped drinking regular monster, and started drinking 4-8g sugar black coffee, 4-8g sugar tea, and large amounts of filtered water, I started getting a lot healthier. Not as many allergies, weight loss, clearer mind, etc.

452-904 Kcal per day just from soda, jesus.

I used to keep a strict log of everything I ate, no matter large or small it was, but I stopped when people at work started harassing me about it. Also it was a real pain.

yeah yeah oats and squats. I have a desk job and get home late at night.

You might want to get checked out by a doctor on the off chance, could be gluten intolerance, or you know a gigantic tumor. Only joking, sort of.

I highly doubt it is the gluten intolerance but yes, I should see a doctor. It's a lot harder when you work 12 hour days (with no overtime of course), but I am paying for some really good insurance and should use it instead of seeking medical advice on Veeky Forums.

>I have a desk job and get home late at night.
I don't want to be "that" cunt but something obviously isn't working. If you aren't one of those people who is lying to themselves about how much they eat then you need to look harder at what you're eating. A heavy meal might be a lot of calories but it almost definitely isn't a rounded intake for day and might be getting stored in fat cells rather than burned off because of the desk job thing. If you really want to lose weight you will also need to learn to say no to going out to eat every day. I work in an office too so I know why you do it but assuming you're passably friends with your coworkers you'll be forgiven being a little anti-social if they know you're dieting.

I just say gluten because I know someone who was like that, she ate barely anything and had this beer belly that wouldn't shake and that's what it ended up being

Why the fuck are you working so much, is the pay worth it?

When will people learn that its not the quality of the food that will lose weight, but the calories. Calories are literally all you need to keep track of.
Source: lost 75 lbs purely from calorie tracking

fuck, i was feeling bad about having a can every other day. thanks

>feeling bad about having a can per day
>quit
>talking with friends a while later
>ask about their soft drink intake
>except for the Veeky Forums ones they're doing up to 1L per day

>Why the fuck are you working so much, is the pay worth it?
12 hours a day is a bit of an exaggeration, it is closer to 10 + commuting time (so about 12 hours combined)

It pays the the bills, and then some, but that's really the best thing I can say about it. I don't have any student or credit card debt, and live a boring life with no friends, so I don't really need the money for anything, but this field is the only thing I am good at.

>a few
There's the real problem. Jesus christ

No problem boss. For what it's worth I had no spiritual awaking/I feel so great after stopping.

Fuck you sound like a friend of mine, has a support/software tech job and is pretty much dead inside from doing it. I'm not into all that spiritual and wellbeing bullshit but maybe you should find a change of pace before that shit kills you slowly

It's not the software I think, but the office politics and other bullshit. When I was still in school I would write code several hours a day on top of going to class, doing homework, and actually having and spending time with friends. Life had its ups and downs, rather than constantly needing to escape from everyday.

You said you don't drink right? How on earth do you even survive?

I used to drink 7 cans of soda a day, but now i only drink like one bottle a day. Every time I try to quit I get horrible headaches. Advice?

I don't know

Sugar withdrawls? Is that a thing?

Yes. Caffeine withdrawal would be more likely but sugar can cause it too.

Is there a way to not get the headaches?

Easing off slower like any withdrawl, but I doubt it's that with such a small amount

Switch to black coffee.

Honestly you'll only have them for a day or two at absolute most. Take some paracetamol and keep yourself occupied. If they last for longer than that then see a doctor or ween yourself off at a slower rate.

Yeah, the amount of caffeine in soda is minuscule and shouldn't do shit, mind you everyones body is different. At least that's what people tell me when I complain about my small dick.

I used to have a shitty diet, and drank quite a bit of soda's and juices. My heaviest was 151 pounds, by the way my height is 62 inches, that was right before I signed my life away to the United States Army. I started eating healthy through my training, and such. Totally cut out soda for years. Well after that initial purge of mostly if not all bad foods, and soda, I dropped down to 130, and kept to between 130 to 140.
Nowadays, I do drink an occasional soft drink, generally going for Fentiman's, or something that isn't a harsh phosphoric acid drink, or carbonic acid drink (coca cola, Pepsi etc...)
But even with my diet reverting to a pile of shit, my weight waivers between 126 to a high of 131.
I may be able to drop down to about 120 if I go with a 1200 calorie diet with healthier foods. At the moment my calorie intake seems to be anywhere from 1100 to 1600 calories a day.
I did log what I ate about a year ago, and now I just average most things out, but never go above the 1600 calorie a day, unless I go on a nights drinking binge. But that is rare these days, due to working 6 days a week.

Depends. I went from a liter a day to a can a month and only lost one pount.

American measurements need to leave

Smoke some pot. While it will lure you into a drug based form of escapism, it'll also make anything you eat fantastic. I went from drinking tons of sweet tea to just ice water because the ice water was so nice. Broccoli is also great because it soaks up any sauces you cook it in. Use the new tastes to eat healthier.

Your mom needs to leave

dont your neighbours smell that from a mile away