Detroit Pizza is the best pizza. I challenge you to post a more delicious looking pizza from whichever style you prefer...

Detroit Pizza is the best pizza. I challenge you to post a more delicious looking pizza from whichever style you prefer. Europeans need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Bronx_terrorism_plot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Come for the pizza, stay because you got killed by niggers.

I like it.

this looks like lasagna or a pie, not like pizza

looks sloppy af tbph. nothing beats an authentic sourdough, stonebaked napolitan pizza.

Europeans invented pizza you 56% niggmerican.

This is not pizza.

Winner

Sloppy mess/10

HOL UP

Even though this is a troll thread, shout out to Buddy's.

rofl why

Americans ruins everything I swear

That's just a loaf of shitty bread with cheese and tomatoes on it.

Why is it not more popular nationwide?

It's so fucking good.

I know there's Jet's Pizza but it's not legit 'troit 'za.

Thick crust and greasy af? No thanks.

It's pretty much exactly the same as Sicilian style deep dish.

Ths is my favourite picture of pizza on the entire internet and I always keep it on my phone so I can look at it.

Also this

Anyone else feel like just sucking the cheese out of the crust and fucking it? What would that even feel like? haha.

fellas where do I get pizza like this? I want it but don't even know?

Little Caesar's

Looks delicious. Ham, Onion Rings and BBQ?

Detroit pizza has the worst crust of all time.

ITT: Not pizzas

You sound like such an ignorant lol

Detroit style pizza doesn't have a true crust, because it has cheese and toppings all the way to the edge.

You're ironically the kind of fag who doesn't eat his crust

The cheesy edge it's generous but overall the crust is too chewy for me.

Jets, Buddy's, Uno, pretty much you have to be within 2 hours of Detroit to get a decent Detroit pizza.

Little Ceasar's, while I like it, is a cheap immitation of it. Its just not right, but is alright for $9.

Because its rather rare to find, its a pan-pizza crust made in a cast-iron rectangle pan with plenty of oil. That makes every surface of the under side almost crispy, but the dough is still doughy. Its not thick or deep dish or any of that bullshit.

Then on the crust you usually put the 'toppings' like sausage or pepperoni, then you put a bunch of cheese, making sure to get a lot of cheese around the edge of the crust and on the pan to get some browned and burnt cheese. Then on top of all that, you have sparse dollops of sauce and a bit more meat or whatever.

The result is a crispy, yet doughy crust, plenty of cheese, and the sauce is tangy packed with flavor but not the dominant role on the pizza. Its fucking excellent.

Ah so Jet's is Detroit style? I do love their crust. I'm sure a better Detroit pizza exists but they're pretty good when you have a coupon

As far as I can tell, Jets is the best of any "big chain"

Comes down to fresh dough, the best cheese for that operation, and a sauce that doesnt just taste like sweet ketchp

It would seem not many have a better looking pizza to offer, could it be that Chicago and NY pizza are....memes?

Absolutely NOTHING Trumps SoHo squares at Prince Street Pizza. Nothing.

>soho square
What a cancerous name. Are they actually trying to imply that the square slice is their invention?

And NYU kids are falling for this shit?

Square sliced pizza is a New York thing, "Sicilian" pizza made with focaccia is a century's old tradition. Thanks ginzofaggots for sharing your saucy bread culture.

Yes, thank you Stacy, maybe you can share your thoughts on Magnolia cupcakes now. It's a long walk from the Union Square dorms but maybe you can take a real NYC taxi just like SJP.

>mfw you'll never know the glory of pepperoni cups at PSP.

Do you think everyone that disagrees with you has a vagina? Wanna talk about it champ?

Not really, no. You wanna buy a bridge?

All bridges going to and from NYC need too many repairs. I'll pass. I'll keep taking the MetroNorth to work.

Why even ask when you know that you are wrong?

Chicago pizza is best pizza, no contest

No offense, this is just the style I prefer. I like all the rest as well.

Literally everything beats that pretentious horseshit
>HURRRRR IM SO REFINED IM EATING PIZZA THE ORIGINAL PEASANT WAY ITS SO AUTHENTIC

>B&T scum trying to explain pizza

Fascinating

hurrrrrr your city has crime, you don't know pizza. You're bald so you know nothing about baseball. My wife has a penis so she is an expert on fruit ripeness.

Newburgh is full of criminal scum from the city, paroled out of correctional facilities and couldn't afford to move back. Or were outright banned from returning. The Newburgh 4 are an interesting bunch (link related). Cities like Newburgh and Poughkeepsie are what happens after white flight.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Bronx_terrorism_plot

explain how it looks anything like a pie

This retard doesn't understand the MetroNorth only operates on the East side of the Hudson river, Newburgh being on the West side of the Hudson river. The AMTRAK is the train people from Newburgh would take into the city. The MetroNorth only goes as far as Poughkeepsie. That's the last stop on that line. So 70 miles north of NYC is the furthest that other guy could possibly live.

I'll remember to look for your advice when I need to know about the geography of upstate NY. But don't say "SoHo squares" again, please. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The pizza shop itself calls it a SoHo square...

What's going on here, is the crust cooked before the toppings put on?

So basically, Detroit took Sicilian pizza and put in cast iron with grease... Interesting.
I like my NY style and my Sicilian pizza made by immigrants, but I'd try it. It's peasant food, do what you want with and quit bitching so much.

Square pan pizza is probably the only style of pizza most people can make at home, and it is fucking great. The burnt edge is the best

I've never have Detroit style from a restaurant, other than maybe little Caesar's as a kid? But I am sure the legit stuff is good.

When done well the crust of a Detroit style pizza should end up fried.
Done poorly it's dry bread with typical pizza toppings. Even a few of the posted examples in this thread are of this type.

The best Detroit style pizzas are always a greasy mess.

>I know there's Jet's Pizza but it's not legit 'troit 'za.
The fuck are you talking about?

The pizza shop is wrong

>haha.
You need to leave

>not knowing the meme
OH BOY NEWFAG HERE SOUND THE NEWFAG ALARMS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Buddy's is the best pizza I've ever had. I always get my own 8 slice pizza and eat 6 and save 2 for leftovers. One of the only pizzas that's just as good heated up the next day.

>The best Detroit style pizzas are always a greasy mess.
Which is why it sucks.

Yeah, you still need to go.

Doesn't Reddit have cooking boards? You're clearly not from here.

italians, not europeans