Do you put your knives in the dishwasher out of laziness?

Do you put your knives in the dishwasher out of laziness?

Fuck no.

I keep forgetting I have one.
It came with the flat but I've always just done my dishes by hand and the habit dies surprisingly hard.

>dishwasher broke and too lazy to get it fixed
Do I win?

No I never put my knives or my wooden utensils in the dishwasher.

Is that bad?

Yes.

what's the problem? I didn't know it was bad.

no, the time it takes to rinse it once is disproportionate to the time you spent having to shapen it 3 times as often

I don't have a dishwasher

I don't have a sink

I don't have a knife

Not my important ones.

The only thing I put in the Dish Washer is my penis. Because my wife is the Dish Washer.

>comfy warm water on your hands

Clap clap clap

Yep, sounds a bit like that.

I used to. I rarely need to do more than rinse my knives since I'm vegan. What's to wash off?

My mom always has. She's had her current knives more than two decades and they're useless having never been sharpened. This brand includes free sharpening for life. There's also a store here that does it for free. And I could do it if she'd let me.

No, and I hate you for making me think that people do this.

This kills the knife.

Or at least dulls it super fast. Knives aren't dishwasher safe. Some cheap ones claim to be, but it's a lie. You're killing them.

Always wash your knives. While you're not at a salmonella risk, you still probably have small amounts of organic matter around the handle, or residue on the blade. This gives you bacterial funtimes, and their benevolence is always a crapshoot. Take pride in your health, user.

Also please wash your counters. Same deal.

I only have one "good" knife that I always wash and dry by hand after use. I'll care more about the others when I finally get a Chef's Choice Trizor.

Even eating steak knives?

Good advice.

>tfw don't have cooking knives besides a butter knife and don't have a dishwasher