How do i get into baking? what are some easy things to start with?

how do i get into baking? what are some easy things to start with?
i have a bad habit of burning shit in the outside and having them raw inside when i try

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rLPq8oYCc
youtube.com/watch?v=l9Ynb8wwol0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

be a woman or a fag

already done
now what

hell if I know. (very good) baking is a fucking mystery to 99% of the population.
Where is FF or whatever that baking prodigy's name was? Dude had skills.

A bread machine and a digital scale are key to successful bread making. Bread machine makes the dough. Don't bake in a bread machine.

1. Buy an instant read thermometor, like a Thermapen
2. Buy a digital kitchen scale and weigh dry ingredients by the gram for consistency
3. An oven thermometer wouldn't hurt

Read good book about it, like "Professional baking".

i cant read

Learn how to combine water, yeast and flour. Learn how to knead, and the right ratio of ingredients for different doughs. Fail a bunch of times and learn from your mistakes. It's not rocket science. People have successfully baked bread for thousands of years, so why shouldn't you be able too?

When it comes to burning the surface and leaving the interior raw you either lower the heat or cover the top with foil.

Is your dough possibly frozen?

Cause you're frozen when your hearts not open

no
i think my oven hates me

Start off with the easiest recipe.

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

This is so easy I even got my parents who can't cook for shit baking fresh bread at home now. Once you get the confidence from baking a few of these loaves you can expand.

How to make 100% whole grain bread that isn't dense and crumbly?

Not a baker; but I would assume making sure you use very finely ground flours and increase the egg yolk if using? Whole grain has a tendency to be dry as fuck.

Get a large oval Dutch oven

If you're adamant on using only whole, increase your hydration ratio and add extra gluten. Otherwise, use a mix of high protein flour and whole flour. If your loaf is too dense then either there isn't enough yeast/proofing, or there isn't a strong enough gluten network to hold in the air.

>i have a bad habit of burning shit in the outside and having them raw inside when i try
If you're baking from a recipe, double-check to make sure you're following it properly. If so, you need your oven fixed or replaced.

If you're baking from scratch, lower your temperature.

>tfw can't even bake brownie

You could make some easy baguettes:
3 pea-sized balls of yeast
3 dl water
1.5 teaspoon salt
6.5 dl flour

Mix water, yeast, salt and add the flour. Mix it into a dough and let it sit overnight in the bowl with a lid or plastic covering it while you're sleeping.

Set the oven to 275c (or whatever it is in Fahrenheit, easy to google). While the oven is heating up cover the space you're using with some flour and plop the dough down.
Pan it out somewhat and fold it (I do it like in the Swedish video, see below).
Get a oven-safe glass bowl or something else and put 4-5 ice cubes in it.

When the oven is done heating up split the dough into 3 pieces, twist each of them around a little (like a wrung towel) for a nice shape and put them on some bakery paper or just add some flour to the baking plate.

Put everything in the oven with the ice cubes below the dough.
When the bread has a nice brown color it's done.

Video references:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rLPq8oYCc
youtube.com/watch?v=l9Ynb8wwol0 Swedish video.

make sure to weight your ingredients dont use measuring cups

get an over thermometer

read the instructions carefully and follow them as they say

thats it. its really not hard. pic related pie 11 was an inside job