Why do drinks always taste better in a bottle than in a can...

Why do drinks always taste better in a bottle than in a can? Whenever I have a Miller Lite or a Bang's Root Beer it always tastes twice as better from the bottle. Is the aluminum can putting something in my drink to make it taste worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barq's
youtu.be/tS6yTM-ke-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tap/fountain > glass bottles > cans > plastic bottles
That is the objectively correct ranking.

Bang's root beer forced meme thread but cheap cans might make the drink taste like metal, although beer in cans sometimes taste better since they receive less light, and light spoils beer.

>tap/fountain > glass bottles > cans > plastic bottles

>tap/fountain > brown glass bottle > cans > green glass bottle > clear glass bottle > plastic bottles

My theory is that it has something to do with the way liquid pours from a can vs a bottle. Personally, I prefer to pour all my drinks into a giant mug.

tap/fountain > glass bottles > cans > plastic bottles

I agree with all of this except the tap/fountain part. Taps and fountains tend to be wildly inconsistent.

Why brown glass over green glass? It is the same idea of light spoiling the beer?

Yes, brown bottles blocks more light.

Interesting, I never knew that. Thanks.

Green bottle beers all have a distinct taste because of the light that gets into it. Brown bottles block most of the light but cans block all of it.

I honestly think beer tastes better from a bottle but every brewery I've visited says cans are better. I think it's a marketing thing because obviously cans are cheaper so they need some kind of excuse to use them.

If you're drinking straight from the bottle and can that could be why, a bottle will "taste" more neutral in that case. Try pouring into a glass maybe, I do that and have noticed some beers tasting better from a can.

fountain > glass bottles > cans > plastic bottles

>bangs root beer
>op pic says barqs

Where you do see an "r" or "q" in the picture?

Is this some meme I'm not familiar with or do you just not know how to read cursive writing?

where have you been the past couple weeks?

Forced meme

Cheese and rice.

Brown absorbs more light than green putting more light in contact with the beer. Green reflects more so that "blocks" it more

Probably trolling but brown lets less light through. Even if green reflects more than brown, it still lets more light pass through.

It's that olde tyme taste of the famous bangs root beer your tasting there

why would you want root beer with thyme in it?

Heavier flow from a bottle opening quenches thirst easier than the little slit found in cans.

Glass is neutral on the tongue, aluminum is shit. Also glass insulates better, colder drinks.

Nailed it.

But both have holes??

Sometimes I put water into soda cans after finishing one, because I like the metallic taste.

IMO A&W Root Beer and Sprite both taste drastically better in a can.

Literally says bangs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barq's

fpbp

user theres a reason wikipedia isnt a valid source for papers at colleges and high schools. wikipedia is not to be trusted

>not citing the sources at the bottom of the article
Brainlet

>not implying everything in your paper is merely common sense so you don't cite any sources and if your professor asks you just look at him like he's retarded and call him a brainlet because it's all common knowledge

retard

>Is the aluminum can putting something in my drink to make it taste worse?

Aluminum cans have had plastic liners for decades to prevent this exact issue.

>every brewery I've visited says cans are better
lolwut
The breweries i've been to push cans on the basis that they're lighter weight, less likely to break and can be crushed down for packing when empty, all the better for camping.
Also drunk idiots can't smash them in the streets and leave shards of glass all over public walkways. None of them argue taste one way or the other.
If anything they're reluctant to switch to cans since the upfront costs of buying all new machinery is an obstacle for them.

youtu.be/tS6yTM-ke-4

>not using wikipedia to teach yourself a semester's worth of material for free
Dork

>not editing the wikipedia articles with your own info in order to cite yourself as a source
Bonehead

\thread

I've never found this to be the case. I always prefer cans to plastic bottles.

That said and as this user says: glass bottles were the best.

Britanons, remember Lucozade in glass bottles? That shit was the best.